Go Back  

UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #31  
Old 01-08-2015, 10:54 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Note- This is the day before the fight, when the UFC was aware of Jones failed test but had no officially released that to the press, or by some accounts Jones himself.
By some accounts this information was never going to be released ( the failed test, until a reporter found out about it.


The Ultimate Fighting Championship has dropped its plan to implement a year-round drug testing program for its fighters.

Speaking with media members on Thursday, UFC President Dana White pointed to the Cung Le debacle following UFC Fight Night in Macau as the impetus behind the promotion’s decision. Instead, the UFC will fund state athletic commissions to handle the random drug screenings.

“What we’ll do is we’ll help fund it so they can do better drug testing, more drug testing,” White told MMAFighting.com . “They can handle it. They’re the regulators.”

After Le’s loss to Michael Bisping on Aug. 23, the UFC announced that Le had tested positive for an excess level of HGH and would be suspended for 12 months. Later, the Las Vegas-based promotion determined that those results alone did not indicate that the Strikeforce veteran had taken performance enhancing drugs and lifted the middleweight’s suspension.

Still, the damage had already been done. Le first asked for an apology, then requested his release. More recently, the fighter joined an anti-trust lawsuit against the UFC. While the drug test mishap is not mentioned in the complaint against Zuffa, White told reporters that he believes it did play a role in Le joining the lawsuit.

“Our legal team completely screwed that thing up,” White said. We have no business doing drug testing. We f----d it up, and we will f--k it up again. That’s what the commission ins there to do.”

In October, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta appeared on UFC Tonight to discuss the organization’s plans for a more stringent drug testing program..

“Now, the next step for us and what we’re working on, is a complete project where we will random test all 500 of our athletes multiple times per year,” Fertitta said. “We’re working on that. It’s gonna be a comprehensive plan. At the end of the day, if you’re cheating, we will catch you. You will get suspended, possibly fined. We take it very serious because at the end of the day, our fans want to make sure our sport’s clean, and I think the athletes want the sport clean. The clean athletes want the sport to be clean, right?”

Instead, the UFC will go in a different direction as 2015 begins.


Source- Abandons-OutofCompetition-Drug-Testing-Hands-Duty-to-Commissions-79659

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25864
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Most of the guys in the gym on gear I know use coke instead of drinking on the weekend because alcohol kills test levels. I also know guys who use blow when they are off cycle and want the same mental buzz they get from roids.

Anyways, go read some actual articles and published studies, in rhesus monkeys an increase, in rats an increase I could go on and on, the only study on humans I found was done in 1996 with a tiny amount of coke gave no effect on test but increase various others like growth hormone and other hormones, decreasing others like progesterone. It not roids by a long fucking shot nor should it be used ever that way but it definitely doesn't lower test.

The problem with cocaine is the lack of appetite and its cardiotoxicity along with the plethora of unhealthy cuts.

Weightlifting was not the only sport cocaine was a performance enhancing drug in... give this article a read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eague-baseball



Its not bro science, Im not saying its a performance enhancing drug now, rather that it can be used to enhance training intensity, length, strength, reflexes, alertness etc etc with increased intensity comes more release of hormones like hgh and test. It was used extensively back in the day in professional and amateur sports.



You posted an article relating to baseball players in the 70's and why their careers were cut short because of cocaine addiction.

The short-term physiological effects of cocaine use include constricted blood vessels; dilated pupils; and increased body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure. Large amounts of cocaine may intensify the user's high but can also lead to bizarre, erratic, and violent behavior. Some cocaine users report feelings of restlessness, irritability, anxiety, panic, and paranoia. Users may also experience tremors, vertigo, and muscle twitches. There also can be severe medical complications associated with cocaine abuse. Some of the most frequent are cardiovascular effects, including disturbances in heart rhythm and heart attacks; neurological effects, including strokes, seizures, headaches, and coma; and gastrointestinal complications, including abdominal pain and nausea. In rare instances, sudden death can occur on the first use of cocaine or unexpectedly thereafter. Cocaine-related deaths are often a result of cardiac arrest or seizures followed by respiratory arrest.


I pulled up 5 articles that basically said the same thing. Crack/Cocaine is not a performance enhancer, bob. It's a common practice for female models because it suppresses their hunger to keep them thin. If anything coke is a performance reducer. "Bro" , mr self proclaimed "coke addict", you should know this more than anyone.

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25864
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Note- This is the day before the fight, when the UFC was aware of Jones failed test but had no officially released that to the press, or by some accounts Jones himself.
By some accounts this information was never going to be released ( the failed test, until a reporter found out about it.


The Ultimate Fighting Championship has dropped its plan to implement a year-round drug testing program for its fighters.

Speaking with media members on Thursday, UFC President Dana White pointed to the Cung Le debacle following UFC Fight Night in Macau as the impetus behind the promotion’s decision. Instead, the UFC will fund state athletic commissions to handle the random drug screenings.

“What we’ll do is we’ll help fund it so they can do better drug testing, more drug testing,” White told MMAFighting.com . “They can handle it. They’re the regulators.”

After Le’s loss to Michael Bisping on Aug. 23, the UFC announced that Le had tested positive for an excess level of HGH and would be suspended for 12 months. Later, the Las Vegas-based promotion determined that those results alone did not indicate that the Strikeforce veteran had taken performance enhancing drugs and lifted the middleweight’s suspension.

Still, the damage had already been done. Le first asked for an apology, then requested his release. More recently, the fighter joined an anti-trust lawsuit against the UFC. While the drug test mishap is not mentioned in the complaint against Zuffa, White told reporters that he believes it did play a role in Le joining the lawsuit.

“Our legal team completely screwed that thing up,” White said. We have no business doing drug testing. We f----d it up, and we will f--k it up again. That’s what the commission ins there to do.”

In October, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta appeared on UFC Tonight to discuss the organization’s plans for a more stringent drug testing program..

“Now, the next step for us and what we’re working on, is a complete project where we will random test all 500 of our athletes multiple times per year,” Fertitta said. “We’re working on that. It’s gonna be a comprehensive plan. At the end of the day, if you’re cheating, we will catch you. You will get suspended, possibly fined. We take it very serious because at the end of the day, our fans want to make sure our sport’s clean, and I think the athletes want the sport clean. The clean athletes want the sport to be clean, right?”

Instead, the UFC will go in a different direction as 2015 begins.


Source- Abandons-OutofCompetition-Drug-Testing-Hands-Duty-to-Commissions-79659

Jon Jones passed his CIR test. Maybe you can back to "eye pokes", "he's too big", and/or continue to claim "weak opponents"

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:15 PM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23599
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

It does do all that, but it can be used in the same way meth and other stimulants are used as performance enhancing. Have you ever wondered why meth is so big in alberta? You can work longer hours and work harder vs someone sober. Not to mention increased strength without lifting a single weight.


PCP makes you almost invincible to everything, only problem is it also makes you insane.

Drugs are drugs, illegal or legal they can be used to enhance and also hurt, too much roids turns you into a woman without them. They all have drawbacks and positives you just need to know how to use them.

Have you seen rob ford, crack and coke does not = skinny person who doesn't eat. Believe me when I tell you there are plenty of cokeheads and crackheads you would never guess in a million years.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:16 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
Jon Jones passed his CIR test. Maybe you can back to "eye pokes", "he's too big", and/or continue to claim "weak opponents"
You can't honestly look at this and say there are not massive inconsistencies.

The way this was handled is completely unprecedented.

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25864
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
It does do all that, but it can be used in the same way meth and other stimulants are used as performance enhancing. Have you ever wondered why meth is so big in alberta? You can work longer hours and work harder vs someone sober. Not to mention increased strength without lifting a single weight.


PCP makes you almost invincible to everything, only problem is it also makes you insane.

Drugs are drugs, illegal or legal they can be used to enhance and also hurt, too much roids turns you into a woman without them. They all have drawbacks and positives you just need to know how to use them.

Have you seen rob ford, crack and coke does not = skinny person who doesn't eat. Believe me when I tell you there are plenty of cokeheads and crackheads you would never guess in a million years.



This is not about you or your drug habits. Try to say on topic, Bro.

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:21 PM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23599
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Yet your the one bringing it up, all I said was coke can be used as a performance enhancing drug and it can, has and still is.

Anyways, the cokehead fighter in this thread sure looks thin frail and womanly... maybe you should shit talk him about his coke use.

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:30 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

The Nevada athletic commission tested Jon Jones on three separate occasions during December 2014. Two of these tests, both administered on December 4th, showed the presence of cocaine metabolites. What has received less discussion is that all three tests show abnormal levels of testosterone and/or epitestosterone.

All tests show his testosterone level being significantly below the normal margin. His T:E ratios of 0.35:1 0.29:1 and 0.19:1 all raise significant flags.
On what appears to be his first test of December 4th, Jones testosterone levels measured at 59ng/dL. His epitestosterone levels measured at 170ng/dL. The normal range for epitestosterone is usually similar to that of testosterone.

On what appears to be his second test of that day, his testosterone levels had risen to 180ng/dL. His epitestosterone levels had also risen to 610ng/dL.

On December 18th his testosterone levels are still lower than normal, at 180ng/dL, but his epitesterone appears to have increased very significantly, coming in at 2700ng/dL. This is a red flag. Epitestosterone is produced in parallel with testosterone, and in a normal, healthy individual every 1ng/dL of testosterone produces roughly 1ng/dL of epitestosterone. Natural variance means anything from 0.7x to 2x are pretty common.

Disclaimer: The below is speculative and should not be construed as factual information or reporting.

What possible explanations are there for such odd results? Well for the low testosterone there are plenty. The normal levels are those taken first thing in the morning. If Jon Jones was tested late in the day, his levels would be slightly lower than normal anyway. If the tests came after a strenuous training session, this would lower them even further. Certain drugs, especially opiate based painkillers, can also have a very significant, though temporary, effect on testosterone levels and production.

I am personally unaware of any natural reason for epitestosterone to be so much higher than testosterone. Readings such as this are typically seen as red flags for drug testing agencies, as exogenous epitestosterone (that is, epitestosterone administered from an external source, not produced naturally by the body) is banned due to its use as a masking agent. Athletes were using epitestosterone to ensure their T:E ratios would not be too high on standard urine tests, leading to the ban by WADA and other organisations.

Another possibility is that the lab screwed up. Ben Bennett told Ariel Helwani that even though the testing documents state Jon Jones was tested for drugs not banned out of competition on December 18th, that he was in fact not tested for those substances on that date. That's a pretty significant typo, and it definitely means the spectre of incompetence looms over the results. The test results are reproduced below for perusal.

Lastly, it has to be noted that urine testing for testosterone levels is significantly less accurate than blood testing. All three tests appear to be urine tests only. It's also possible that the concentration/dilution of Jones' urine mean his levels look abnormal. It should not affect the relative ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, though. Nor do I believe it would explain the drastic change in epitestosterone level between his December 4th and December 18th test, since his testosterone levels do not show the same rate of increase.

Do note that I'm not an endocrinologist, and my knowledge on this subject is one gained from hours of reading studies and speaking to/interviewing actual experts, not a medical degree. Just because I'm not aware of a way for his epitestosterone to be high doesn't mean there isn't one.

Correction: This article originally stated normal levels of testosterone are 300ng/dL-1100ng/dL. This is for levels in blood tests, which the NAC either did not conduct or did not release the results of, not urine tests. The article has been updated correct this. Thanks to Victor Conte for pointing this out.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By rob666:
niknik
  #39  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25864
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
You can't honestly look at this and say there are not massive inconsistencies.

The way this was handled is completely unprecedented.
The same Athletic Commission doctor that issued Jones' 3 failed test for cocaine metabolites did an advanced CIR test for synthetic testosterone and they came back clean. I'm in no position to argue that.

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
The same Athletic Commission doctor that issued Jones' 3 failed test for cocaine metabolites did an advanced CIR test for synthetic testosterone and they came back clean. I'm in no position to argue that.
Right, the same athletic commission that informed the UFC before they told Jones himself....... Then conveniently, the UFC announces the day before the fight they will no longer do ANY pre fight testing ( this while knowing Jones had failed his drug test, shown ridiculously skewed test levels, and not told the public )........ Then announces that they didn't test for rec drugs on that date...... and the only tests they did were urine, meanwhile Jones had released a tweet of a needle drawing blood that he said was a pre fight drug test.


http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-u...fc-182-lead-up

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO