Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25945
Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones Enters Rehab After Testing Positive for Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Wasn't Diaz suspended for pot once too?
What I find more compelling about all this is Jon Jones T:E levels 0.29:1.00. If most healthy adult men have a ratio of 1:1. It would be expected that an athlete of Jones' caliber would naturally have a much higher ratio.

From my understanding, if the T/E ratio is highly elevated (Chael Sonnen 17.1 T/E ratio) then it is safe to assume that fucker was on anabolic steroids of some kind that he hasn't cycled off of. This is because what those steroids do is artificially increase testosterone levels.

If the T/E ratio is very low (Jon Jones 0.29:1 T/E ratio) then you either have 1. a serious health condition or 2. you have came off your cycle and your body is not properly producing testosterone on its own.

This was all from a random drug test that was done on December 4. Jones gave a blood and urine test the week of the of the fight, but those results aren't out yet.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:26 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
What I find more compelling about all this is Jon Jones T:E levels 0.29:1.00. If most healthy adult men have a ratio of 1:1. It would be expected that an athlete of Jones' caliber would naturally have a much higher ratio.

From my understanding, if the T/E ratio is highly elevated (Chael Sonnen 17.1 T/E ratio) then it is safe to assume that fucker was on anabolic steroids of some kind that he hasn't cycled off of. This is because what those steroids do is artificially increase testosterone levels.

If the T/E ratio is very low (Jon Jones 0.29:1 T/E ratio) then you either have 1. a serious health condition or 2. you have came off your cycle and your body is not properly producing testosterone on its own.

This was all from a random drug test that was done on December 4. Jones gave a blood and urine test the week of the of the fight, but those results aren't out yet.
I don't know what the ratios mean in a drug test, I'll look into it......... But you're right, the steroids suppress the bodies ability to produce testosterone naturally, so when coming off cycle it will be unusually low........ A lot of the time guys will go see their doctor at this time to get a script for testosterone, because the blood test will show it being so low.

I guess it would depend on his previous test results, but you're right, he's at the age his test levels should be at their peak.

Pre fight testing for steroids was long overdue, the post fight urine text was a joke........ Guys would just use a short ester compound that would clear in a few days, so they could juice until the week of the fight. They'd take the benefits of the steroids into the fight, and test clear......... Once in a while they'd fuck up and take the wrong compound, probably wrongly labelled black market steroids, and test positive...... Usually nandrolone, detectable for months.

Good post.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Illusion
Old 01-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

Jon jones is the best gram for gram fighter in the ufc......

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nasty Nuggets For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, martyl63, Mr Poo, rapeWhistle, rob666, Zambini
Old 01-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Old 01-08-2015, 08:20 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:

He had abnormal results from 3 tests, also reports he hid from another drug test (under a cage).

Possible use of masking agents?? Maybe they will have to go back and look at his tests again

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 01-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25945

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
He had abnormal results from 3 tests, also reports he hid from another drug test (under a cage).

Possible use of masking agents?? Maybe they will have to go back and look at his tests again
Masking agents makes the most sense. Cocaine metabolites is not the most newsworthy detail of Jones’ drug test results, even though the UFC is making it look like it is.

This is all speculation of course. We're not doctors and technically, Jones violated no rules since it was an out-of-competition test and recreational drugs aren’t prohibited out-of-competition.

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 01-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25945

Victor Conte is probably one of the more knowledgeable people on PED use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	599220

How CIR testing works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02landis.graphic.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	599221

Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Victor Conte is probably one of the more knowledgeable people on PED use.

How CIR testing works.

I don't know of anyone more knowledgable when it comes to performance enhancing drugs...... He designed steroids for top athletes, and helped them hide it for years...... If he says something might be up, it's worth listening to.

Good find

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Illusion
Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 PM
bob351
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11232 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss23649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Yeah they should only test for performance enhancing drugs.. Who the fuck cares what they do recreationally if it's not affecting their performance.
Cocaine boosts testosterone levels and increases a few others like some steroids. It was once common place in bodybuilding.

That being said I doubt he was using it for anything other than getting high.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25945

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Cocaine boosts testosterone levels and increases a few others like some steroids. It was once common place in bodybuilding.

That being said I doubt he was using it for anything other than getting high.
How many crack/coke heads do you see jacked, bob? Those drugs are not considered PED's because they actually lower T levels and they leave you looking like a scrawny wimp. Thank you for chiming in with your "bro science", bob

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
K9Grip