Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss12
Two Decapitated in Train Suicides - Bronx, NY

Public transportation in NYC has improved greatly but so has the number of train-related suicides. I hear the rate is the same as it's always been and just gets reported more but the frequency is very disturbing.

I was late for an appointment on Friday when at 11:15 AM the 4 train I was on was taken out of service one stop before Mt. Eden Avenue. The reason was an "injured passenger at Mt. Eden." First thing I thought was someone jumped, was pushed, or fell between the cars. This is similar to the suicide in Astoria, Queens that I posted about previously with the person's remains falling to the street below. Photo is from Mt. Eden Avenue in the Bronx.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/22/suicida...ated-by-train/

A straphanger’s severed head plunged 30 feet from an elevated Bronx station to the busy street below — the first of two subway decapitations Friday.

At 11 a.m., the young man jumped in front of a southbound No. 4 train at the Mt. Eden station. A driver had to pull over to keep her young daughter from seeing the head tumbling down the road.
“I heard the train come and then I saw the head fall to the street,” said auto body worker Bori Perez, 50, who said the head was “well groomed and had a fresh [hair] cut.”

Three hours later, Cornell University professor Donald Tobias threw himself in front of a No. 6 train at East 33rd Street and Park Avenue, cops
said. His head, too, was severed.

The well-dressed Tobias was seen pacing back and forth on the platform while arguing on his cellphone with a woman named Sally, said witness Solmaria Ramos, 45.

“He had a suit on. He looked like he was going to work or coming from work,” Ramos said.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
trainaccident01.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weirdoim For This Useful Post:
BBKF, K9Grip, Kinky_John, Megamel29
Old 11-24-2013, 03:10 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61150
Re: Two Decapitated in Train Suicides - Bronx, NY

wonder who that sally was.
maybe a mistress or hooker that planned to rat him out ?
who knows.

Quote:
Donald Tobias, executive director of the Cornell University Cooperative Extension office in New York City (CUCE-NYC) since 2005, died Nov. 22 in New York City. He was 68.

“Robin and I are deeply saddened to have lost a treasured colleague and friend,” said President David J. Skorton. “Don carried with him every day the spirit of the land-grant mission and worked to make individuals’ lives better every day. Our hearts go out to Brenda, his wife and member of our Cornell family.”

Tobias’ career focused on public sector and community research with an emphasis on health, government and education. He led an expansion of CUCE-NYC programs into all five boroughs of New York City. He taught courses on nonprofit management and provided technical assistance to nonprofits and government agencies. In addition, Tobias helped develop programs in Burma, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Bangladesh to link rural food producers and urban markets.

“Don was a champion of Cornell’s land-grant mission by connecting Cornell’s world-class research to the benefit of so many children and families served by Cornell Cooperative Extension,” said Alan Mathios, the Rebecca Q. and James C. Morgan Dean of the College of Human Ecology. “I am joined by CCE Director Helene Dillard and Dean Kathryn Boor in sharing my deepest sympathies for Don’s family and all of those with whom he not only worked with but considered family.”

In addition to leading CUCE-NYC, he was co-core director for community engagement and research at the Weill Cornell Medical College Clinical and Translational Science Center. From 1980-2006, he was an associate professor in the Department of Policy Analysis and Management.

Tobias received his bachelor’s degree from Alma College, master’s from Central Michigan University and Ph.D. from Michigan State University.

Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

The head was well groomed and had a fresh hair cut lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 11-25-2013, 03:09 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
At 11 a.m., the young man jumped in front of a southbound No. 4 train at the Mt. Eden station. A driver had to pull over to keep her young daughter from seeing the head tumbling down the road.
“I heard the train come and then I saw the head fall to the street,” said auto body worker Bori Perez, 50, who said the head was “well groomed and had a fresh [hair] cut.”
I lol'd