Go Back  

Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #141  
Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 PM
rottenflesh's Avatar
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

He was killed by police that realize they fucked up. Instead of manning the fuck up and taking responsibility for his death, they went and had a beer before getting their collective story straight for IA.

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 PM
mrh2008's Avatar
mrh2008
Online
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:528
male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1158
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenflesh View Post
He was killed by police that realize they fucked up. Instead of manning the fuck up and taking responsibility for his death, they went and had a beer before getting their collective story straight for IA.
Again, you presume.

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
rottenflesh's Avatar
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Wow, the best you can do is give me the finger. Enjoy your police state when it arrives.

Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
mrh2008's Avatar
mrh2008
Online
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:528
male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1158
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenflesh View Post
Wow, the best you can do is give me the finger. Enjoy your police state when it arrives.
Police state? you make me laugh. SWAT kills one P.O.S. and you speculate that we are going to turn into a police state because of it.

Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
rottenflesh's Avatar
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

It's just another step towards it. But you go ahead and keep drinking the Flavor-aid.

Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-08-2011, 11:01 PM
mrh2008's Avatar
mrh2008
Online
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:528
male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1158
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenflesh View Post
Wow, the best you can do is give me the finger. Enjoy your police state when it arrives.
Looks like you have a police state of your own!

PITTSFIELD, Mich. -- Newly-obtained video footage of a police officer shooting an unarmed man in Michigan earlier this year has led prosecutors to reopen their investigation into the incident.

Police in Pittsfield, Mich., initially said patrol car footage of the shooting was unavailable because of technical problems, but the video has since been obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by AnnArbor.com, the local news website reported Tuesday.

The footage shows officer Tracy Yurkunas pull over a domestic violence suspect, Devin Reddick, in a Pittsfield parking lot at around 5:00pm local time on Jan. 15.

Yurkunas gets out of her patrol car and draws her gun. Reddick gets out of his car, faces her, and is then shot once in the abdomen before falling in the snow.

Immediately after the shooting a male police officer can be heard yelling, "Put your hands up."

Reddick, 30, was treated at an area hospital after the shooting and later charged with domestic violence. A pat down search determined he did not have a weapon.

Reports filed by Yurkunas and her colleague, officer Shawn Willmuth, said Reddick had been reaching for something, and a police statement later said the suspect had "made what the officer perceived to be a life-threatening action."

Washtenaw County prosecutors ruled in February that Yurkunas acted in self-defense and cleared the officer of criminal wrongdoing, but they will now review their decision.

Washtenaw County Chief Deputy Assistant Prosecutor Steve Hiller said that he did not learn of the video's existence until Mar. 10. "We are certainly going to re-examine the original decision," Hiller said.

State police sergeant Dale Smith, who investigated the case, said, "As far as we're concerned, the investigation is done. We turned it over and our findings have not changed."

Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

The older brother of a former Marine shot and killed by Tucson law enforcement officers was the primary focus of a long-term drug-trafficking investigation, according to records.

A traffic stop led detectives to begin investigating Alejandro Guerena, reports The Arizona Daily Star.

The documents show he had several close associates who were involved with trafficking and remained the main focus of surveillance operations that took place many times a week for about six months.

Guerena’s brother, Jose Guerena, 26, was killed by a Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team on May 5 while serving a search warrant at his house.

His wife and son were home but escaped injury

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department released the affidavit, probable-cause statements and search-warrant returns after a judge filed a ruling Thursday unsealing the documents.

Previously released video from a helmet camera of the SWAT team showed that Jose Guerena did not fire on the SWAT team, as they shot more than 70 bullets in a matter of moments.

The terrifying footage shows the uniformed team pulling up outside Jose Guerena's home, sounding their sirens and banging on the door before kicking it in.

The sound of bullets then rings out as they open fire shortly after entering the home.

A police investigation revealed that officers fired more than 70 shots.

Deputies said they opened fire after Guerena, 26, gestured at them with an AR-15, according to the report.

Some of the officers said they believed that Guerena fired on them, but the investigation showed that no shots were fired from the weapon and it was never taken off the safety position.

A search of the home found nothing illegal. Officers found a handgun and body armour in the house.

The five SWAT team members remain on active duty. No criminal charges have been filed and no disciplinary action taken.

Mr Guerena's wife, Vanessa, said she heard her husband moaning as he lay dying, his body struck by 22 of the bullets.

Ms Guerena told ABC News: 'I saw his stomach, all the blood on the floor'.

She said her goal now is to 'clear his good name'. Ms Guerena said their son Joel keeps asking about his deceased father, 'Is he a bad guy?'

Mr Guerena served two tours of duty in Iraq, until he left the Marines in 2006. He had been working for a mining company in the Tucson area.

ABC interviewed his former commander, Sergeant Leo Verdugo, who told them he 'definitely pulled his weight'.

'I have a hard time grasping how something so tragic could happen', he told the network.

The Guerena's oldest boy, Jose, turns 6 Tuesday. Ms Ortiz told ABC, 'He went to school, came back and never saw his daddy again. He's asking, "Why did the police kill my daddy?"

'We were so worried when he was over there fighting terrorism, but he gets shot in his own home. The government killed one of their own', Ms Ortiz said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Ok566kWj

Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM
rottenflesh's Avatar
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh2008 View Post
Looks like you have a police state of your own!

PITTSFIELD, Mich. -- Newly-obtained video footage of a police officer shooting an unarmed man in Michigan earlier this year has led prosecutors to reopen their investigation into the incident.

Police in Pittsfield, Mich., initially said patrol car footage of the shooting was unavailable because of technical problems, but the video has since been obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by AnnArbor.com, the local news website reported Tuesday.

The footage shows officer Tracy Yurkunas pull over a domestic violence suspect, Devin Reddick, in a Pittsfield parking lot at around 5:00pm local time on Jan. 15.

Yurkunas gets out of her patrol car and draws her gun. Reddick gets out of his car, faces her, and is then shot once in the abdomen before falling in the snow.

Immediately after the shooting a male police officer can be heard yelling, "Put your hands up."

Reddick, 30, was treated at an area hospital after the shooting and later charged with domestic violence. A pat down search determined he did not have a weapon.

Reports filed by Yurkunas and her colleague, officer Shawn Willmuth, said Reddick had been reaching for something, and a police statement later said the suspect had "made what the officer perceived to be a life-threatening action."

Washtenaw County prosecutors ruled in February that Yurkunas acted in self-defense and cleared the officer of criminal wrongdoing, but they will now review their decision.

Washtenaw County Chief Deputy Assistant Prosecutor Steve Hiller said that he did not learn of the video's existence until Mar. 10. "We are certainly going to re-examine the original decision," Hiller said.

State police sergeant Dale Smith, who investigated the case, said, "As far as we're concerned, the investigation is done. We turned it over and our findings have not changed."
By your standards, he must've deserved it, cops are always in the right.

Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
rottenflesh's Avatar
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department released the affidavit, probable-cause statements and search-warrant returns after a judge filed a ruling Thursday unsealing the documents.

Previously released video from a helmet camera of the SWAT team showed that Jose Guerena did not fire on the SWAT team, as they shot more than 70 bullets in a matter of moments.

The terrifying footage shows the uniformed team pulling up outside Jose Guerena's home, sounding their sirens and banging on the door before kicking it in.

The sound of bullets then rings out as they open fire shortly after entering the home.

A police investigation revealed that officers fired more than 70 shots.

Deputies said they opened fire after Guerena, 26, gestured at them with an AR-15, according to the report.

Some of the officers said they believed that Guerena fired on them, but the investigation showed that no shots were fired from the weapon and it was never taken off the safety position.

A search of the home found nothing illegal. Officers found a handgun and body armour in the house.

The five SWAT team members remain on active duty. No criminal charges have been filed and no disciplinary action taken.

Mr Guerena's wife, Vanessa, said she heard her husband moaning as he lay dying, his body struck by 22 of the bullets.

Ms Guerena told ABC News: 'I saw his stomach, all the blood on the floor'.

She said her goal now is to 'clear his good name'. Ms Guerena said their son Joel keeps asking about his deceased father, 'Is he a bad guy?'

Mr Guerena served two tours of duty in Iraq, until he left the Marines in 2006. He had been working for a mining company in the Tucson area.

ABC interviewed his former commander, Sergeant Leo Verdugo, who told them he 'definitely pulled his weight'.

'I have a hard time grasping how something so tragic could happen', he told the network.

The Guerena's oldest boy, Jose, turns 6 Tuesday. Ms Ortiz told ABC, 'He went to school, came back and never saw his daddy again. He's asking, "Why did the police kill my daddy?"

'We were so worried when he was over there fighting terrorism, but he gets shot in his own home. The government killed one of their own', Ms Ortiz said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Ok566kWj


He was guilty of being guilty son. Now be a good boy and get those hard working innocent upstanding SWAT a beer before you are found guilty as well.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rottenflesh For This Useful Post:
mrh2008
  #150  
Old 06-09-2011, 03:48 PM
mrh2008's Avatar
mrh2008
Online
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:528
male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1158
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenflesh View Post
He was guilty of being guilty son. Now be a good boy and get those hard working innocent upstanding SWAT a beer before you are found guilty as well.
Damn straight!!! Get em two beers!

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO