Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497
Re: Tucson SWAT Team Defends Shooting Iraq Vet 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh2008 View Post
You keep saying "innocent man" yet he was killed for a criminal act... strange.
Guilty of what? being disoriented from being woke up to the sounds of his wife and child in terror? Maybe going into fight mode since he had 2 tours in the shit because it's instinctive?

Quote:
Attorney Michael Storie, who is the lawyer defending the SWAT, said officers could not conclude Guerena was incapacitated because he fell into a room after he was shot and officers could not see him from the doorway.
Yet ,
Quote:
Based on a photograph of a large bloodstain inside the home, Scileppi said, Guerena fell down in clear view of the front door and officers could see him.
Here the lies start and a man guilty of being in his house is dead. If he is such a criminal then why hasn't CPS come and taken the child from the widow? If this house was a house of crime then why wasn't the wife indicted as an accomplice? No arrests were made anywhere they raided.

But it's good to see you calling upon CIS for your logic and conviction in one episode.

The Following User Says Thank You to rottenflesh For This Useful Post:
Blewvane
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Moot point. The guy is dead, the facts and evidence are now covered in bullshit, and no one is going to be held accountable. 71 shots fired at one target? 60 shots hit the poor bastard? Ride 'em cowboy.

Without access to an impartial witness no one can claim the high ground. Facts, circumstances, actions. He had a rifle, but was he pointing it at the cops or was he just holding it? A fact i can't get past is that the safety catch was still engaged on the rifle. This makes me think he wasn't pointing it, but then again the safety can be disengaged while aiming.
I don't believe the cops were in any danger, if a combat hardened vet wants you dead he doesn't warn you first. I think the guy was startled out of his sleep, armed up and went to find out what was happening. The cops are not going to say this because they will get in the shit for it, so i think they are covering their arses.

Law is the law? Is it really ok for the cops and SWAT team to turn up at your house and provoke a shooting? Go on and say that he was pointing his rifle at the cops. The cops were pointing theirs at him too. Up to this point it is still FAIR. The guy never fired a shot that night but yet the cops opened fire on him. This is NOT FAIR!!! I also believe the dead marine was using the law of increment while sticking to the Rules of Engagment drilled into him while overseas. They shock you? You shock them back. They point firearms at you? You point one back. They shoot at you, so you are justified to shoot back. He was probably still thinking 'what the fuck is going on' as his dead body hit the floor. I hope the cops involved in the shooting are real proud of themselves, the world is now a safer place.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:43 PM
mrh2008
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:527
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenflesh View Post
Guilty of what?
Threatening the use of illegal deadly force. Any other questions?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
mrh2008
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Moot point. The guy is dead, the facts and evidence are now covered in bullshit, and no one is going to be held accountable. 71 shots fired at one target? 60 shots hit the poor bastard? Ride 'em cowboy.

Without access to an impartial witness no one can claim the high ground. Facts, circumstances, actions. He had a rifle, but was he pointing it at the cops or was he just holding it? A fact i can't get past is that the safety catch was still engaged on the rifle. This makes me think he wasn't pointing it, but then again the safety can be disengaged while aiming.
I don't believe the cops were in any danger, if a combat hardened vet wants you dead he doesn't warn you first. I think the guy was startled out of his sleep, armed up and went to find out what was happening. The cops are not going to say this because they will get in the shit for it, so i think they are covering their arses.

Law is the law? Is it really ok for the cops and SWAT team to turn up at your house and provoke a shooting? Go on and say that he was pointing his rifle at the cops. The cops were pointing theirs at him too. Up to this point it is still FAIR. The guy never fired a shot that night but yet the cops opened fire on him. This is NOT FAIR!!! I also believe the dead marine was using the law of increment while sticking to the Rules of Engagment drilled into him while overseas. They shock you? You shock them back. They point firearms at you? You point one back. They shoot at you, so you are justified to shoot back. He was probably still thinking 'what the fuck is going on' as his dead body hit the floor. I hope the cops involved in the shooting are real proud of themselves, the world is now a safer place.
He was a civilian, rules of engagement were dif... Guess he didn't get the memo.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Can't now, can he?

Old 06-08-2011, 03:31 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Didn't read all that jazz but I did catch a comment on the medics not being allowed in to help the guy.

We don't go into unsafe scenes unless PD allows us. If they didn't allow the medics in, they didn't think the scene was safe enough.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497

Quote:
Threatening the use of illegal deadly force. Any other questions?
Not really. No indictment. No trial. And no real investigation beyond your being predisposed to convict.

I hope any jury you ever have to meet would take their job more seriously then you would seem to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to rottenflesh For This Useful Post:
Creepy
Old 06-08-2011, 04:35 PM
mrh2008
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1158

Quote:
Not really. No indictment. No trial. And no real investigation beyond your being predisposed to convict.

I hope any jury you ever have to meet would take their job more seriously then you would seem to do.
OK, then he was innocent while threatening to use illegal deadly force. happy? Either way, his actions caused a chain of events that led to his own death.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM
rottenflesh
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:439
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1497

Quote:
OK, then he was innocent while threatening to use illegal deadly force. happy? Either way, his actions caused a chain of events that led to his own death.
Again you presume.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:02 PM
mrh2008
Offline:
male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1158

Quote:
Again you presume.
Okay, then why don't YOU tell ME why he died.