Go Back  

Trucker Sets Body Afire, Won't Face Murder Charge WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS?? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Trucker Sets Body Afire, Won't Face Murder Charge WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS??

this guy has escaped a murder rap.

quite interesting.

BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. (AP) — A June trial date has been set for a former long-distance truck driver arrested in Kiln for setting fire to the cab of his truck where a murder victim's body lay.

The Sea Coast Echo reports that Mark Rice was arrested in September 2009 on charges of capital murder, but a Hancock County grand jury declined to issue a murder indictment since the victim, 30-year-old Natasha Carpenter, of Amarillo, Texas, was apparently killed outside the state.
Instead, Rice was indicted for third-degree arson and desecration of a corpse and faces a June 13 trial.

If convicted of both charges, he faces up to six years in prison. Had he been indicted for capital murder, he could have faced the death penalty.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Frank_Furter
Offline:
Der übliche Verdächtige
Poster Rank:706
Peckerwood

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss747
Re: Trucker Sets Body Afire, Won't Face Murder Charge WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS??

"An autopsy revealed that Carpenter died of asphyxiation. Authorities said Carpenter was Rice's girlfriend and often accompanied him on trips.

After his arrest, Rice told investigators he killed the woman in Barstow, Calif., during a bizarre sex act in which she was bound and gagged, and then duct-taped. He then drove her body across the country to Mississippi, according to sheriff's deputies.

When he reached Hancock County, Rice told investigators he stopped at his ex-wife's job before pulling the truck into the yard of a home on Kiln-Picayune Road. There, he said, he set the truck on fire from the inside."
http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...ge-burned-body

He CONFESSED to murder and they still didn't charge him? WTF?!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 AM
TheHag
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:242
formerly male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613
Re: Trucker Sets Body Afire, Won't Face Murder Charge WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS??

If the death happened during a consensual sex act, it's not murder. It's more like negligent homicide or manslaughter. But either way, it didn't happen in the state he was being tried in so I don't believe he could be tried for anything other than the fire and corpse charge in that state. It's up to California to charge him with her death.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Frank_Furter
Offline:
Der übliche Verdächtige
Poster Rank:706
Peckerwood

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss747

So as long as I'm having sex with a woman, I can kill her with impunity? I'm not buying that argument, and I wouldn't accept a meth addicted dirtbag's version of events as the truth. I hope California has him extradited...

Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Furter View Post
So as long as I'm having sex with a woman, I can kill her with impunity? I'm not buying that argument, and I wouldn't accept a meth addicted dirtbag's version of events as the truth. I hope California has him extradited...
I'm with you on that. This really reeks of murder. Fuck all that, "I didn't know she was gonna die." It takes 4 minutes to suffocate a person. No way he could've accidentally strangled her.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

It is the law that it states only have jurisdiction in their states. Is it a fact that California is not investigating?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:30 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Seems like they didn't tell the whole story. So....is the guy gonna be charged by an agency within the state he committed the murder If not he got away with murder but I doubt they won't.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Furter View Post
"An autopsy revealed that Carpenter died of asphyxiation. Authorities said Carpenter was Rice's girlfriend and often accompanied him on trips.

After his arrest, Rice told investigators he killed the woman in Barstow, Calif., during a bizarre sex act in which she was bound and gagged, and then duct-taped. He then drove her body across the country to Mississippi, according to sheriff's deputies.

When he reached Hancock County, Rice told investigators he stopped at his ex-wife's job before pulling the truck into the yard of a home on Kiln-Picayune Road. There, he said, he set the truck on fire from the inside."
http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...ge-burned-body

He CONFESSED to murder and they still didn't charge him? WTF?!
Only because the murder itself was not committed in Mississippi. It is up to California to prosecute him for the murder.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

He should be tried in Mississippi, do his time for his charges and then sent to California. They should go ahead and try him while he's in prison in Mississippi too, that way they can have the needle waiting on him when he gets off the bus in California

Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
He should be tried in Mississippi, do his time for his charges and then sent to California. They should go ahead and try him while he's in prison in Mississippi too, that way they can have the needle waiting on him when he gets off the bus in California
He can be tried for the arson, desecration of corpse, etc, in Mississippi, but Unfortunately, Legally, he has to be taken to california for the murder trial.