Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2018
Truck Kills Mum, 23, As She Pushes Pram. UK

( as you know no real gore pics come from the uk )

A TODDLER cheated death in his pushchair yesterday ( 25 may 2012 ) as a truck killed his mother.

Frantic locals pulled the two-year-old from his mangled buggy after the recycling lorry crushed the screaming mum, 23.

Horrified Jordan Kay-Haworth, 19, told how the truck was turning a corner as the young mother — named locally as Dawn Graves — emerged from a shop after buying milk. He said: “She just started crossing. It went right over her.

Dawn Graves, 23
Victim .... named as Dawn Graves, 23
“I think the buggy got hit first — she must have got dragged under. There was lots of blood.”

The teenager, who flagged down a passing ambulance in Bolton, Gtr Manchester, added: “The baby didn’t cry at all. It’s a miracle he wasn’t hurt. The buggy had flipped over and I could see the toddler’s legs dangling in the air.

“A woman from the shop grabbed the kid and took him inside.”

Paramedics battled in vain to save the mum. Dawn had been due to wed sweetheart Barry Guest in three months. They have a daughter aged four who was at school. A shattered friend described the victim as “a devoted and caring mum”.

Yesterday the bottle of milk she had just bought and a pair of flip-flops marked where she was killed.

Police confirmed: “The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”

Another account

A YOUNG mother was killed while crossing the road with her son as she popped out to the local shop.
It is understood the accident involving a truck happened after Dawn Graves, aged 25, had just been into BJ’s News, Food and Wine, in Bury Road, Breightmet, to buy milk.
The woman is believed to have been crossing the road when she was hit by the truck.Her two-year-old son was in a pushchair but managed to crawl out and was picked up as people rushed over to help.
Passersby flagged down an ambulance which was on its way to another incident.
The toddler was taken to hospital with head injuries, but it is thought these are not life threatening.The Bolton News understands the woman lives in Bury Road.
Witnesses described the horror of the crash, which happened at 12.20pm yesterday.

It is understood the Veolia lorry had turned left into Stephen’s Street and collided with the woman.

Jordan Kay-Hawarth, aged 19, who works across the road at AY Barbers and was one of the first at the scene, said: “I ran straight out into the road when it happened. There were about four or five people helping. The woman was moving at first.

“The driver of the lorry sat down against the wall.

“A woman picked up the boy out of the pram. The baby was okay.“My head was a mess after it happened. I had to walk away from the scene.”

Angela Waugh, aged 40, was passing in a taxi with her daughter just after it happened.She said: “We saw her in the road and it was terrible. This is a really bad corner, you can’t see what is coming round.“It makes me sick that something like this has happened and I hope something is done about the road so this doesn’t happen again.”

A resident who lives nearby was sitting in her lounge eating lunch when she saw people dashing across the road.The woman, who asked not to be named, said: “I saw people acting strangely and running across the road dodging the traffic so I went out to see what was going on.“I saw her in the road and it was so awful.“The road has been narrowed just weeks ago and it doesn’t give drivers much thinking time. I hope they will look at the road again.“
Diane Yih, who owns a sunbed shop near the scene of the collision, said: “I heard a big bang and a load of screaming. I came out and saw Jordan in the road and shouted ‘Have you called an ambulance?’ and he said ‘Yes’.
“I knew she had died. The boy had lumps all over his head but he was moving and trying to get out the pushchair.”

Sarah Walker, who lives in Breightmet and has a two-year-old daughter, added: “I have had a number of calls from people checking I am okay after they have heard the news a woman has been killed.”

Road closures were in place in Bury Road between the junctions of Crompton Way, Blenheim Road and Long Lane for nearly three hours.

A police spokesman said: “Inquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call 0161 856 4742. “ A North West Ambulance Service spokesman added: “We got the call at 12.15pm reporting a mother and child had been hit by a truck. We were on the scene at 12.21pm.

“The two-year-old child had a head injury and was taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital. Unfortunately, the woman was unable to survive from her injuries.”

The man driving the lorry is thought to be aged between 45 and 50.

yes we have flip flops too

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
bol.JPG  

bol2.JPG  

C_71_article_1531831_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Driver For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, diamondsmiles, Sharon
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 PM
nikola
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1015
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss417
Re: Truck Kills Mum, 23, As She Pushes Pram. UK

that's terrible

Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 PM
The Driver
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:365
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2018

The family of a woman killed when she was in collision with a lorry in Bolton has paid tribute to her.
Dawn Graves, aged 25, died shortly after 12.20pm yesterday on Bury Road in Brieghtmet.
Dawn was pushing her 20-month-old son across the road at the time.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
In a tribute, her family said: “Dawn was a beautiful, 25-year-old young woman with a bright future ahead of her.
“She was embarking on a new stage of her life and was due to get married in August to her fiancé.

“Dawn was a loving and caring daughter, mum and fiancée.

“She leaves behind a step daughter, daughter and son, who all loved her dearly.
“We have been left devastated and in complete shock by Dawn’s death.
“We ask to be left alone to grieve in peace at this very difficult time.”

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Driver For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, JackiRive26
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 PM
*Ragdoll_Cutie*
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:823
Female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss589

So sad

Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 PM
The Driver
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:365
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2018

It is believed Ms Graves was trying to hurl the pushchair out of the way when she was hit. Her son, Aidan, suffered minor head injuries after the buggy was thrown from the path of the wagon. Ms Graves had visited a corner shop for a bottle of milk and sweets when the tragedy occurred near her home in Bury Road, Breightmet, Bolton. She had been crossing a side-street as the slow-moving lorry turned left into the road. Shop staff desperately tried to save her, but she had been severely injured and died at the scene. Aiden was taken to hospital by paramedics as a precaution. His injuries were not believed to be life-threatening. It is understood his dad, Barry Guest, was unaware what had happened when he returned home two-and-a-half hours later. Mr Guest, 35, was met by neighbours before running to the scene, where he was comforted by police. It is thought he and Ms Graves were about to get married. The aftermath of the horror crash was witnessed by the owner and staff of BJ's off licence which is just yards away. They told how little Aidan came out of the pram in the collision. He was found crawling on the road outside. Shop assistant Dean Morton, 24, from Bolton said: "A woman came into the shop and she was screaming. We could not understand what she was screaming about. She just said a woman. "I went outside and the woman was laid on the floor. The pram was overturned. My first reaction was to call 999. "As I was on the phone to the police the baby crawled out of the pram crying. He was crawling on the road. "A customer took the baby back into the shop until the police and ambulance came. "I flagged an ambulance down as it went past and it turned around in the road. "It was there in about five seconds. It was just so tragic. "The wagon was coming from Bolton towards Bury and it turned left onto the road as Dawn was crossing. The driving was going the correct way because it is a one way street."

Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Warnebald

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

The family said
Quote:
She was embarking on a new stage of her life and was due to get married in August to her fiancé.
The fiancé said "Dam, dodged THAT bullet"

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Brownboybilly
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1865
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss167

Follow the Green Cross Code, for fucks sake.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:51 AM
durt
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:95
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss11275

That's sad

Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Robyn728420
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:656
Female

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

Is it odd her last name was Graves and she lived on BURY RD??

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Robyn728420 For This Useful Post:
>< 0300, infantry ><, AnneLea, Brometheus, diamondsmiles, Sharon, Shelbeano ^-^, WoWsers, wujuan
Old 05-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946