Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18
Transgender Teen Commits Suicide, Cites Christian Parents in Blog

After posting a heartbreaking suicide note online, a transgender Ohio teen took her own life early Sunday by walking in front of a semi truck on Interstate 71 near her home outside Cincinnati.

Leelah Alcorn, 17, scheduled the note to be published on her Tumblr page, LazerPrincess, after her death. She wrote that she'd felt like "a girl trapped in a boy’s body" since she was 4, but didn't know it was possible for "a boy to become a girl" until 10 years later.

"When I was 14, I learned what transgender meant and cried of happiness. After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was. I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that God doesn’t make mistakes, that I am wrong. If you are reading this, parents, please don’t tell this to your kids. Even if you are Christian or are against transgender people don’t ever say that to someone, especially your kid. That won’t do anything but make them hate them self. That’s exactly what it did to me."

Leelah3Alcorn wrote that her parents took her to Christian therapists who told her she was "selfish and wrong and that I should look to God for help." After Alcorn's parents refused to allow her to begin transitioning when she turned 16, she decided to come out as gay — prompting them to remove her from public school and deprive her of her laptop and phone, leaving her "completely alone" for five months.

When Alcorns' parents finally allowed her back online, she said she discovered that her friends "didn't actually give a shit about me" and "only liked me because they saw me five times a week." According to news reports, Alcorn was attending an online high school at the time of her death.

Alcorn wrote that she decided to take her own life because she felt she would never be able to transition successfully, have enough friends or find love:

"Either I live the rest of my life as a lonely man who wishes he were a woman or I live my life as a lonelier woman who hates herself. There’s no winning. There’s no way out. I’m sad enough already, I don’t need my life to get any worse. People say “it gets better” but that isn’t true in my case. It gets worse. Each day I get worse."

Alcorn concluded the note by calling for people to donate to a transgender civil rights group:

"The only way I will rest in peace is if one day transgender people aren’t treated the way I was, they’re treated like humans, with valid feelings and human rights. Gender needs to be taught about in schools, the earlier the better. My death needs to mean something. My death needs to be counted in the number of transgender people who commit suicide this year. I want someone to look at that number and say “that’s fucked up” and fix it. Fix society. Please."

LeelahArtNot surprisingly, many of the news reports about Alcorn's death have misgendered her.

Alcorn's mother, Carla, wrote Sunday on Facebook: "My sweet 16 year old son, Joshua Ryan Alcorn went home to heaven this morning. He was out for an early morning walk and was hit by a truck. Thank you for the messages and kindness and concern you have sent our way. Please continue to keep us in your prayers."

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
6a00d8341c730253ef01b7c72a8ddc970b-800wi.jpg  

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CartooniacPanda For This Useful Post:
BBKF, gatagato, GODISNOTGREAT, invertigo, Karma, katzmeow, kellyhound, Pyramid_Head, TheFallOfTroyML
Old 12-30-2014, 04:52 PM
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2149
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss133
Re: Transgender Teen Commits Suicide, Cites Christian Parents in Blog

I just read about this and I'm quite saddened. I have a lot of friends who are trans and have had supportive and some not-so-supportive parents.

Her (I'm going to use preferred pronouns to be respectful) parents didn't have to understand what being trans meant. There was a family who had a child who displayed body dysphoria as a toddler and they became informed because they'd rather have a living son than a dead daughter. And shouldn't that be a parents biggest concern? Making sure your child is happy and healthy? Obviously she wasn't happy and even if you don't understand why, wouldn't you do anything to help your child relieve some of that unhappiness?

They obviously cared enough to take her to therapists but those therapists were extremely biased. I'm just sad that she felt she had no other alternative in her life. Though, if nothing else, I hope it'll open a dialogue for anyone else struggling so much with their own gender identity so that maybe a couple more lives won't be lost.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to killedbycuriosity For This Useful Post:
Cancun78, CartooniacPanda, gatagato, kellyhound, TheFallOfTroyML, winvens
Old 12-30-2014, 05:26 PM
TheFallOfTroyML
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:471
Male
Contributions: 107

Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1358

thats really sad...

only option suicide - you have to be in a really bad shape for that shit

i dont have kids (yet), but i cant imagine doing that to my kids, doesnt matter if they are hetero, gay or transgender - it would be my flesh and blood and i would do everything to make them happy

i just cant get it, those parents must be ultra religious or something.

religion kills

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheFallOfTroyML For This Useful Post:
CartooniacPanda, Karma, kellyhound, winvens
Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 PM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473

Its insane someone wouldn't want their child to be happy because it surprises their fragile ideals.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GregK For This Useful Post:
CartooniacPanda, Karma, kellyhound, Loopy Lass, TheFallOfTroyML, winvens
Old 12-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Meanwhile in China..

790 people commit suicide each day on average.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
commondenom, GregK, hal0mega
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Mr Poo:
meekamouse
Old 12-31-2014, 04:29 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Meanwhile in China..

790 people commit suicide each day on average.

What an un-progressive thing for you to say...

CartooniacPanda, Mr Poo, rapeWhistle
Old 12-31-2014, 04:40 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

yup....don't care about one confused teen..

The Following 3 Users Disliked commondenom For This Post:
Bletch, Loopy Lass, meekamouse
Old 12-31-2014, 04:40 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
Its insane someone wouldn't want their child to be happy because it surprises their fragile ideals.

christians are insane

The Following User Says Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
meekamouse
Old 12-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Pie
Offline:
العضو التناسلي النسوي
Poster Rank:261
Too cool for Genetalia

Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3177

I feel far more sorry for the truck driver, this guy has completely ruined his life forever by jumping in front of his truck. I'd go as far as saying it's selfish.

flangemanager, gatagato, hal0mega, invertigo, Pigeon, rapeWhistle, sbcurious, TheCreeperBEATNGU, TheFallOfTroyML, Xfactor
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pie:
meekamouse
Old 12-31-2014, 10:54 AM
TheFallOfTroyML
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:471
Male
Contributions: 107

Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
I feel far more sorry for the truck driver, this guy has completely ruined his life forever by jumping in front of his truck. I'd go as far as saying it's selfish.
i have to agree to that

when you have no other option , just do it at home or at least not by train or car

a friend of mine is a train "driver" , and he would be the first one to step out and see what the outcome is, wich often totally ruins their mind and life. plus it happens way too often, because its a rather "safe" way to complete the task

The Following User Says Thank You to TheFallOfTroyML For This Useful Post:
Loopy Lass