Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21610 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss40859
Re: 'Totally Innocent' Unarmed 28yo 'accidentally' Shot Dead by NYPD Police

..but, he was black.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Arista, jinhwangtikatang, niknik
Old 11-23-2014, 03:25 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

It amazes me how naive you guys are. You sit in judgement of a profession that none of you feel strongly enough to have ever attempted to be part of, yet you're all experts in all aspects of police work. In other words, none of you could or would do the job, but let's all jump on the bandwagon and bitch. No one could ever live up to the utopian ideals you demand that police officers have...and also be able to survive doing the job. You sit back and criticize not realizing the larger repercussions of your agenda. If you make it so difficult to be a police officer by constantly criticizing, disciplining, berating, terminating, and throwing away officers, how are we ever going to get folks to become police officers? The silly idealistic utopian nonsense you guys spout off about here on DR are impossible ideals that no police department could live up to and still do the job. God forbid that I interject any reality into your fantasyland ideals and I'm just shouted down and minimized. Well...he's something to chew on...while you're all bitching and moaning about the jack booted police oppressors here on DR, I'm working for individual officers, officer's lawyers, police agencies, and police associations and advising them on how to change policies, training practices, mitigate PR issues, and give plausible reasons for individual officer's actions. You're all here on DR denouncing everything the police do and I'm the only one that officers and agencies are paying to direct policy, training, and education. In other words, cry, bitch, stomp your feet, and wet your diapers all you want, but I'm the only one they're listening to and following and I can assure you that my ideals are absolutely nothing like yours. So who wins? While you're making dick jokes, crying here on DR, and laughing at my American Cowboy leanings...my opinions and expertise are what they're going to follow...and I might add, pay to follow. As I've said before...if you're so concerned about the way American police behave and are trained...get off your butts and do something about it instead of wringing you hands and wetting your bed...get involved or shut up.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:32 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

30564U. There's thousands and thousands of law enforcement officers in America. There's bound to be a percentage, however small, a percentage of cops who aren't good people.

Just because someone puts on a uniform doesn't make her/her a good person. It doesn't make them always right. When someone loses their life because of a officer, we should investigate and find out if it's justified. Most are. But not all. I feel like some of the shootings that are deemed justified could have been easily prevented. Cops tend to make many situations worse just by their actions. And sometimes seem to look for reasons to use deadly force, even making the justification possible by their actions.

He's a example of a police shooting a while back in my city.

Cops called to a home over suicidal mentally challenged elderly woman. Cops show up, women comes out to the porch, holding a knife. The police draw on her and move to the bottom of the stairs. She makes a move towards the police and she's shot 4 times and dies. She was shot before she reached the first step, within 3 minutes of police arriving. So I ask you. Why when a crazy old lady has a knife, and is suicidal, did the cops get as close as they could to her? So close that her taking two steps in their direction would constitute justifiable deadly force. Why couldn't they simply back up? She was a old lady, she wasn't going to be able to close a distance of 30 feet before they could react. She couldn't of over powered or ran down any of the officers. Point is she only posed a threat to herself, until a couple cops with weapons drawn decided to get within a few feet of her reach. Making any movement a threat.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:22 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
You sit in judgement of a profession that none of you feel strongly enough to have ever attempted to be part of, yet you're all experts in all aspects of police work. In other words, none of you could or would do the job,
i was in the military.... the guys who couldn't make it in the military had to join the police force...

and it takes a certain kind of person to actually WANT to be a cop, a mentality, and few better options....i'm too creative to be a cop...that and i couldn't arrest people for breaking laws that shouldn't be in place in the first place....

The Following User Says Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
KKSki
Old 11-23-2014, 06:22 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
m

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post

Just because someone puts on a uniform doesn't make her/her a good person. It doesn't make them always right. .
been saying the same thing over and over but to no avail....

Old 11-23-2014, 06:31 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

As I said...everyone's an expert on law enforcement issues. I'm not so stupid that I don't think there is a percentage of misconduct inherent in law enforcement...Jesus Christ that's how I make money. I do not believe that you or anyone else that hasn't been a police officer has a leg to stand on with regard to any use of force incident. If you haven't been there then you don't know. In the case of the anti-police brigade here on DR none of you don't know what you don't know. You're all so quick to judge, but no one does anything to stop something that by their constant bitching you'd think is rampant. I ask again...what have you done to change things? What are you doing to make sure police malfeasance doesn't happen again? Crickets...crickets...crickets. I think that when you feel sooooo very strongly about police misconduct (or any other cause for that matter) I would expect you all to be doing everything in your power to change the system. Instead all you do is spend you time bitching at me here on DR. Since I'm actively involved and peddling by brand of pro police rhetoric and excuses to police agencies all over, don't you guys think maybe someone should counter my stance? Anyone? Oh yeah...that's right...no one in a power position is going to listen to you because you have no actual experience in police work. I know...since when have you let facts get in your way, but you FEEL so strongly about what you're saying...surly someone somewhere would listen? Feelings are important after all.

I know that statistically with all the calls for police assistance throughout a year in the US...there's going to be a small percentage of mistakes, criminal acts, and malfeasance. What I object to is the constant grinding of the same old 1960's hippy whining about authority. Get involved if you feel so strongly. all you guys do is bitch...but none of you bring nothing new to the table. None of you are saying nothing new or relevant...just the same old shit. At least I try to explain the who, what, why, and where based on actual education and experience...you guys just blast and scream your personal opinion. Read up on the subject...study it for awhile...shit, at least go for a ride along with your local department. Get to know your local coppers and then blast them with the same crap you spout off about here and listen to what they say...you guys won't, but you'd learn a lot if you did. American police are one of the most approachable in the world...hell, most of us live among you in the same communities. If you took the time to meet those local officers, you'd be shocked at how dumb some of the cop conspiracy theories sound in the face of knowing the guys who would be responsible to enforce all the outlandish shit you read on the Internet. Go out and actually meet your local cops...you'd be surprised how approachable they are and how much better you'd feel knowing someone personally that enforces your local laws...it's not rocket science...go meet a local cop. I'm sure the local donut shop or Starbucks is full of them.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
m

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I do not believe that you or anyone else that hasn't been a police officer has a leg to stand on with regard to any use of force incident.
that's where you're wrong.... cops are there to protect citizens who don't break laws....so when they break laws we, the taxpayers have every right to stand up and shout about it...

Old 11-23-2014, 06:42 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
that's where you're wrong.... cops are there to protect citizens who don't break laws....so when they break laws we, the taxpayers have every right to stand up and shout about it...
You're not even from America, nor do you currently live here. You're not a citizen nor a tax payer. If you're speaking of your own country in a hypothetical manner then say so.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:44 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Or are you telling those of us that actually live in America that we should be watchful of OUR police?

Old 11-23-2014, 06:47 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
m

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

everyone in every country should be watchful of their police....luckily for those of us in europe we don't have to worry so much as police brutality and corruption is incredibly rare..