Poster Rank:3999

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48
Torrent Users Buy 30% More Music

DMCA, RIAA &the music industry might think that P2P file sharing is illegal & it is killing the music industry. But a recent survey sponsored by Google says that peer to peer file sharers spend 30% more money on buying legal music than those who don't join peer to peer networks.
The survey revealed that P2P users buy 760 songs against 580 songs purchased by non-P2P users. These figures clearly suggest that while P2P users might download illegal content but they
are the one who buy more legal content.
Will this survey ring any bells in the ears of anti-piracy organizations like DMCA, RIAA & the music industry? Does the music industry needs a change in infrastructure to make it more open minded?
Tell us What you think.
Source

The Following User Says Thank You to Loneee123 For This Useful Post:
pbaj12
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Gh007
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:407
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1747
Re: Torrent Users Buy 30% More Music

I heavily download, If i like something enough, respect it. Ill go out and buy soomething

Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneee123 View Post
Will this survey ring any bells in the ears of anti-piracy organizations like DMCA, RIAA & the music industry? Does the music industry needs a change in infrastructure to make it more open minded?
No, the survey won't change their minds, but they already know they're facing a losing battle. And they also realize that they need a new business model, otherwise the industry is facing collapse as revenues continue to shrink year-over-year.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 AM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss524

If movies and music are good enough to keep, I buy them. I don't have a problem spending the money but I don't want to keep funding idiots making bad entertainment.

If I owned some of these entertainment companies I'd really be pushing for fast internet. Then I'd make apps for computers, phones, Xbox, PS3, media players and smart TVs. Shows/movies would be $1 to rent and $5 to buy or free to rent with advertisements.
But that's me and I wouldn't be greedy. I don't have TV anymore because I got sick of 25% of it being ads.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 AM
GoreisGreat
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:776

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss652

I don't believe these stats. If you can get it free, why pay for it?

Some channels are even more than 25% commercials, and even the programming has commercials embedded in it. I only have TV because I watch sports but it's some of the worst programming for embedded commercials. I watch hockey (philadelphia flyers) games and the whole program is based on promoting products while not on commercial breaks. "Now starts the PECO (philadelphia power company) POWER PLAY!!!" (they say this before every power play) "Claude Giroux scores for a CASE OF TASTYCAKES (donut type pastries)!!!" (they say this after every power play goal) It's bad enough the commentators are doing commercials while the game is going on but since a few years ago they have huge Comcast (cable company) banners on TV behind the nets to go along with the hundreds of advertisements you see around the rink.

Ever since napster hit the scene back in 1999, the cat has been out of the bag and is not going back in.

Even though I have comcast on demand (movies/tv shows/others), the on demand programming is rarely what I even want to watch and the movies you'd actually want to see cost extra anyway.