Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Top Ebola Doctor Dies Of Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
I was reading this online about the local and how their way of life needs to change.

"Ebola responders report that local communities are still very frightened and view health facilities with suspicion. As with earlier outbreaks elsewhere in Africa, containment and treatment measures are often hampered by tradition, superstition, and poor public health infrastructure. But this epidemic is especially pernicious for several reasons.

The people at greatest risk in Ebola outbreak areas have to accept that certain traditional activities, such as eating animals found dead in the forest, or bush meat, can be dangerous and should be abandoned.

And they have to be persuaded to give up some of their longstanding burial practices, such as washing the body, since the Ebola virus can live on the skin of a victim even after death.

These public health messages are now being broadcast on television and radio in the region, but it's not yet clear whether they're changing behaviors"

Unless these folks can be convinced of all of the above, outbreaks will continue to happen.
Alot of them see change as white man forcing western policy and beliefes on them, changing their culture to suit us. I admit that in the past there were some whites that went there just to rape the shit out of their land, mining metals, gem stones, and forestland, while giving the locals the dry shaft, but until they realise we are now trying to help them and lift them into the 21st century they will keep viewing anything we do as suspicious.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
30564U, Kelseecat65
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Alot of them see change as white man forcing western policy and beliefes on them, changing their culture to suit us. I admit that in the past there were some whites that went there just to rape the shit out of their land, mining metals, gem stones, and forestland, while giving the locals the dry shaft, but until they realise we are now trying to help them and lift them into the 21st century they will keep viewing anything we do as suspicious.

That's a load of cr*p.

Dysfunctional people will fight to remain dysfunctional because it is what they want, need, like, love and choose.

They can't even help themselves.

If you try to help them they will only hate you and try to drag you down to destroy you.

No matter what you do they will remain the same.

You can easily ruin yourself in the process.

Let them wallow in their own filth until they are ready for a change.

Who knows when that might be. 10 years? 50 years? 500 years?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
I would be a vaginatarian.
GIGGITY

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 08-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
GIGGITY

Old 08-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
That's a load of cr*p.

Dysfunctional people will fight to remain dysfunctional because it is what they want, need, like, love and choose.

They can't even help themselves.

If you try to help them they will only hate you and try to drag you down to destroy you.

No matter what you do they will remain the same.

You can easily ruin yourself in the process.

Let them wallow in their own filth until they are ready for a change.

Who knows when that might be. 10 years? 50 years? 500 years?
Load of crap? The Dutch East India Trading Company stole huge amounts of land, now known as South Africa, just to get hold of the vast resources found there. The British started the Angalo - Zulu war trying to do the same thing. Our western forefathers shot natives by the bucket load, there was no law against it in those days. They introduced drugs, alcohol, religion, and exotic diseases to savage uneducated people while forcing a foreign culture upon them.
Can you see how we're not entirely blameless?
Having said that, i don't give a shit about Africa and am not against raping the shit out of their resources if it is of benefit to me. Whether they live or die makes no difference to me and my personal position is if they want our help then they can pay top dollar for it. Advancing a civilisation for free, that may one day become an enemy, is downright retarded in my opinion.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49337

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Does anyone know how long the Ebola virus lives outside the host? I know that Hepatitus C can live quite a long time outside the human body and AIDS and HIV don't live very long. How about other viruses and nasty stuff?
Quote:
SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.
(source)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49337

Quote:
I can't tell you how many times I'm at the store and kids are touching everything then putting their hands in the mouths...then touching things again.
It's mortifying. I was walking down an aisle and some kid, probably 5 or so was hugging one of the posts and licking it. I just wanted to puke.

I can't deal with public bathrooms. I will drive like a maniac to make it back home. I'm just so glad stores now have the antibacterial wipes to wipe down the cart handles. I can't use an atm or Redbox w/out wiping them down first. I'm hopelessly germ paranoid!!
that's nasty when kids do that. i know all kids want to do that but come on... stop your children, people. let's not all get sick, please.

i have OCD so i try not to think about it too much. i found this:

FDA's 'Defect Levels Handbook'

read that at your own risk talks about how much rodent hair or insect bits are allowed in your food per the FDA

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2030

Didn't someone in New York just get hospitalized for Ebola?

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 08-08-2014, 05:21 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity