Go Back  

Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 07-03-2011, 02:06 PM
TheHag's Avatar
TheHag
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:242
formerly male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
Doesn't seem right to me either. I just don't see a 2 year old looking for a hose, sticking it in the lawn mower and then drinking it. Also, who leaves a 2 year old outside by themselves at a trailer park?

I'll be keeping my eye out for an update. Poor kid.
I can see the kid maybe being curious and putting the straw in and trying to drink, but once get gets one tiny little taste of it, I am almost 100% positive he would stop due to the harsh taste and burning effect it has on skin. Poor baby.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHag For This Useful Post:
candymosh, diamondsmiles
  #12  
Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

I haven't seen anything else on it but I'll keep an eye out

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

BROWNVSILLE, Texas — Two-year-old Leonardo Silva was playing outside his home yesterday morning when officials say he accidentally drank gasoline out of a gasoline tank that was left outside.

The toddler was adventurous. His aunt tells us Leonardo always liked to explore and this horrific accident may have been one of his many adventures that unfortunately turned tragic.

"He was always really curious and he was always moving stuff and what is this what is that and I want this."

The two-year-old was playing outside yesterday morning while his mom tended to a clothesline. Karina Escobar tells us that's when the toddler found the gas tank, opened the cap, stuck some sort of a tube to use it as a straw and ingested gasoline. Escobar was inside watching TV when she saw her nephew run inside holding his neck.

"I start hearing the baby start gagging. I see him through the mirror and he starts going like that. I’m like oh my God, what's wrong with him? I turn around and I look and he just falls to the ground and I’m like oh my God."

The frantic teen ran outside to tell her sister Leonardo had collapsed. While the family waited for the ambulance they gave the boy milk in hopes he could spit out what he had consumed.

"He started feeling better. He started reacting. He started gagging, making noises and stuff so we were like oh he's getting better."

But by the time he got to the hospital in Brownsville, Escobar says the toddler was vomiting blood so he was flown to a hospital in Edinburg for better care but he died hours later.

"They just told us he was bleeding through the inside. The fumes got absorbed and the gas, it got absorbed by his body and I’m like you can't compare a body of an adult to a baby's body."

Funeral arrangements are underway at Delta Funeral Home in Brownsville. Donations are greatly needed.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
LissaMarie88's Avatar
LissaMarie88
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:972
Yo Moms
Join Date: May 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss453
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

you know guys, just cause they live in a trailer doenst mean that they live in a trailer park , believe it or not we kiiinda don't have them esp in Brownsville, there is nothing out there its like miles away to see your neighbor , but who the hell leaves a 2 year old out side esp out there RATTLESNAKES !

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

I thought that I had read somewhere that they were in a trailer park. Ah well. Since it seems like your from around that area (Brownsville), have you seen any updates on this story? Like if they are pressing any charges or if it is just considered an accident?

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
p4irs's Avatar
p4irs
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:420
Male
Join Date: Feb 2011
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1655
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

awww

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

UPDATE:

Autopsy Shows Toddler Died of Swallowing Gasoline

Updated: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM CDT

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — Preliminary autopsy results show that a 2-year-old South Texas boy died after swallowing gasoline.

Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio revealed the results Tuesday of the autopsy on Leonardo Silva, who died after the June 27 incident at his family's home just outside Brownsville.

Lucio tells The Brownsville Herald that the child apparently swallowed the gasoline while momentarily without parental supervision. Lucio says the pathologist said the fumes from the ingested gasoline burned the child's lungs. A lawnmower with a fuel cap removed was found near the unconscious child, and witnesses said there had seen a siphoning tube in it.

Lucio said no charges have been filed in the case. Final autopsy results are expected in six to eight weeks.

___

Information from: The Brownsville Herald

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

UPDATE:

Autopsy Shows Toddler Died of Swallowing Gasoline

Updated: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM CDT

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — Preliminary autopsy results show that a 2-year-old South Texas boy died after swallowing gasoline.

Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio revealed the results Tuesday of the autopsy on Leonardo Silva, who died after the June 27 incident at his family's home just outside Brownsville.

Lucio tells The Brownsville Herald that the child apparently swallowed the gasoline while momentarily without parental supervision. Lucio says the pathologist said the fumes from the ingested gasoline burned the child's lungs. A lawnmower with a fuel cap removed was found near the unconscious child, and witnesses said there had seen a siphoning tube in it.

Lucio said no charges have been filed in the case. Final autopsy results are expected in six to eight weeks.

___

Information from: The Brownsville Herald

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124
Join Date: Dec 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Toddler Dead After Possibly Ingesting Gasoline

UPDATE:

Autopsy Shows Toddler Died of Swallowing Gasoline

Updated: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 AM CDT

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — Preliminary autopsy results show that a 2-year-old South Texas boy died after swallowing gasoline.

Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio revealed the results Tuesday of the autopsy on Leonardo Silva, who died after the June 27 incident at his family's home just outside Brownsville.

Lucio tells The Brownsville Herald that the child apparently swallowed the gasoline while momentarily without parental supervision. Lucio says the pathologist said the fumes from the ingested gasoline burned the child's lungs. A lawnmower with a fuel cap removed was found near the unconscious child, and witnesses said there had seen a siphoning tube in it.

Lucio said no charges have been filed in the case. Final autopsy results are expected in six to eight weeks.

___

Information from: The Brownsville Herald

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO