Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Tipsy Teen Tumbles, Trapped 2 X 24h 'tween Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC10021 View Post
What would they charge him w?
Do you mean cost of rescue? (no? he could have been slipped a mickey)
Do you mean criminal charges? (no? did he do anyth criminal?)
He's already admitted to underage drinking, who knows what else they can get him with. There are some pretty strange laws over there.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
Poster Rank:143
cocksack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunasun View Post
needed more jerry curl.
Shut the Fuck up, faggot

The Following User Says Thank You to Gaydolf Shitler For This Useful Post:
IC10021
Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 AM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1182

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
He's already admitted to underage drinking, who knows what else they can get him with. There are some pretty strange laws over there.
... um, over here they can do very good rescues, ya?

Well, I think they asked him bc they wanted to make sure his predicament wasn't the result of a robbery, assault or attempted murder, no? Seems he managed to fall over the edge of the roof without any help! (Thank god he dropped his phone, they found that clue and kept sniffing around the area until they heard him moan.)

As for prosecuting him, they'll probably figure he's had punishment enough for whatever "drinking" he was doing? The docs (psychiatrists) might have a long talk w him about how whatever he was doing almost killed him; he shouldn't do that again--ever. School might not want him around if he's such a liability; he might have to sign a contract that he'll remain sober and drug free? Otherwise he's a danger to himself and others (at least those who have to rescue him).

... Just curious, where are you that you're not over here? lol? How are legalities different where you live and how would such an incident be regarded there?

... if caught in similar circumstances, would a kid where you live be found alive and saved?

-- ic

Old 11-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11935

People are going to get into trouble over that

The Following User Says Thank You to Spiffyfable For This Useful Post:
IC10021
Old 11-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC10021 View Post
... um, over here they can do very good rescues, ya?

Well, I think they asked him bc they wanted to make sure his predicament wasn't the result of a robbery, assault or attempted murder, no? Seems he managed to fall over the edge of the roof without any help! (Thank god he dropped his phone, they found that clue and kept sniffing around the area until they heard him moan.)

As for prosecuting him, they'll probably figure he's had punishment enough for whatever "drinking" he was doing? The docs (psychiatrists) might have a long talk w him about how whatever he was doing almost killed him; he shouldn't do that again--ever. School might not want him around if he's such a liability; he might have to sign a contract that he'll remain sober and drug free? Otherwise he's a danger to himself and others (at least those who have to rescue him).

... Just curious, where are you that you're not over here? lol? How are legalities different where you live and how would such an incident be regarded there?

... if caught in similar circumstances, would a kid where you live be found alive and saved?

-- ic
Your overuse of questionmarks reads as moronic interrogative sentences, are you from the Valley?

This wouldn't have happened here, our building codes don't allow 2 buildings to be constructed so close together. Minimun distance between the wall and boundry gets larger the higher the building is. From memory it is a 3 foot minimum, making distance between 2 buildings at least 6 feet.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Good thing he was rescued.
At least he had decent friends who didn't wait until after the weekend to try to find him, or pretend they had no clue he was missing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
IC10021, Pyramid_Head
Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 PM
realitynoshow
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5783
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

I'm sure this kid won't get charged with a thing and since he has a fractured skull he probably won't finish his semester making any disciplinary actions from the school pretty moot.

I had a friend who went on a NYC art school's summer exchange program in Paris and drunkenly fell off a balcony. She broke her back and spent the rest of the summer in a body cast in Paris. I'm pretty sure she got kicked out of school for that one, but then again she also was 17 and scaling an exterior balcony...

The Following User Says Thank You to realitynoshow For This Useful Post:
IC10021
Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 PM
realitynoshow
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5783
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

And drinking on rooftops is pretty much an integral part of every NYC college student's experience. So is trespassing.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By realitynoshow:
IC10021
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913

Old 11-13-2013, 01:52 AM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1182

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Your overuse of questionmarks reads as moronic interrogative sentences, are you from the Valley?

This wouldn't have happened here, our building codes don't allow 2 buildings to be constructed so close together. Minimun distance between the wall and boundry gets larger the higher the building is. From memory it is a 3 foot minimum, making distance between 2 buildings at least 6 feet.
Well.... As I was speculating, I indicated that with question marks. I was disagreeing, but discussing, as opposed to arguing, You know, I was just trying to be nice. Don't you get a lot of that in Arseville? (You are welcome.)

Actually, having given more consideration to the relative
liabilities involved, I imagine the rooftop restraining wall would have to be fairly low to permit someone to fall over the edge if they "slipped". A few years ago, to comply with changes in the building codes, many NYC buildings were adding 2-ft to 3-ft to the height of roof walls to make them safer. Maybe that hadn't been done yet to the buildings involved in this accident. However, this student probably wasn't supposed to be up there on the roof in the first place and certainly not so intoxicated that he presented a hazard to himself, anyway.

So if he was gonna sue (for a hazardous condition-low wall), he'd have to take some responsibility for his own peril. Sounds like a wash so long as the building wall was raised. Its a relatively easy matter to fix the building roof wall. As for fixing the guy's drinking-falling-almost-dying problem, thats a little tougher.