Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Three Dead In New Jersey Supermarket Shooting

Quote:
A supermarket employee killed two co-workers before fatally shooting himself in New Jersey.

The 23-year-old opened fire at the Pathmark store in Old Bridge, shattering its front windows.

Emergency services were called to the supermarket, situated in a suburb 25 miles from New York, at about 4am on Friday.

Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan confirmed the shooting.

Some 16 shots were fired and an AK-47 assault rifle, extra ammunition and a handgun were found at the scene.

It is not yet known what led to the shooting. The motive is being investigated.

Old Bridge Mayor Owen Henry told the Asbury Park Press that the shooter was an army veteran who had worked at the store for two weeks.

He told the local newspaper the gunman arrived at the supermarket wearing camouflage and carrying a Kalashnikov assault rifle and a pistol.

The gunman shot two co-workers dead - a man and a woman - before shooting himself, he told the paper.

Shop staff were reportedly stocking shelves when the shooter entered.

The store was closed at the time and was scheduled to open at 6am.

It comes just weeks after a series of mass shootings in the US.

In July, a gunman opened fire in a crowded Colorado movie theatre during a screening of Batman: The Dark Knight Rises, killing 12 people and injuring 58 others.

Earlier this month, six people died when an army veteran opened fire in a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66, kellyhound
Old 08-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Deluxe247
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1290
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss284
Re: Three Dead In New Jersey Supermarket Shooting

this is fucking nuts. are people still thinking that this is just another shooting? something funky is going on in this country.

The Following User Says Thank You to Deluxe247 For This Useful Post:
Mr-Tape
Old 08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Lookdavook
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3055

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe247 View Post
this is fucking nuts. are people still thinking that this is just another shooting? something funky is going on in this country.

Lol, yeah sure. Such a big country and everybody can get firearms, thats absolutely normal.
Maybe u don´t see it this way but I live in Germany and here it is not so easy to get your hands on a firearm.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:40 PM
RangaRang
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:194

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4804

How did I not know about this!! That's like 20 mins from me.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun control laws. But, our constitution protects the right to bear arms, so lobbies like the NRA use the legal system to get their way. It's not even just the NRA. NJ has a huge crime problem and is densely populated. We really need to pull a Germany, but the thing is, different regions of the US have totally different cultures. A federal gun control law would pass in NY, NJ, California, Illinois, Ohio, PA, Mass, Conn, RI, and maybe Indiana, but it won't fly in the Southeast or the Plains states. Perhaps if the Confederacy broke away again, then we'll have a smaller, more like-minded country to manage and they can manage their own way.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

Nutty people in a populous society...

Who would have thought

Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206

damnit, this is becoming a weekly returning event. too many nutters with access to guns

Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3660

people who believe in guns think it reduces crime and the chances of them falling victim to crime.

America is the most dangerous western nation on earth for rape, murder, shootings and violent crime by the way.

Thats American logic for ya.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Dennislp3
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:551

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
damnit, this is becoming a weekly returning event. too many nutters with access to guns
I hate to be the "conspiracy nut" in the bunch but this is exactly the agenda being pushed.

I have been tracking a lot of these shootings and the media is blowing them up and covering them in excess compared to many past shootings. All of the sudden they are focusing on every shooting everywhere they can.

If you think the media is trustworthy, just look for the little AP - Associated press mark on articles and then you can see how easy it is for one body to distribute and subsequently filter the news an entire nation is fed.

Newsflash - people are murdered every day. We should work on restricting knives and shit too while we are at it.

We are already being stripped of constitutional rights and freedoms with laws like the patriot act and what not. Banning guns is the next natural step in this process of the government controlling our lives.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 PM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:885
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
people who believe in guns think it reduces crime and the chances of them falling victim to crime.

America is the most dangerous western nation on earth for rape, murder, shootings and violent crime by the way.

Thats American logic for ya.
I believe in having guns because of who has guns already. I personally would rather have the same or better means of defending myself against someone trying to harm me. I don't think guns reduce crime when criminals have them but if criminals knew every home was armed, there would be less crime for things like home robbery, etc..
I don't think me owning a gun would make me less likely to be part of a crime but at least I could try to prevent it better than someone that was unarmed.

Now with that said.. If I could snap my fingers and make all guns, missiles, bombs, etc. disappear, I would in a second.

Well I think there's way too much crime here, think a lot of Americans are fat, lazy, stupid and still think this is the greatest nation, but did you look that up before saying it or just assume?

Rape per 100,000 people - Sweden beats the U.S.
Murder per 100,000 - Ours is high compared to some other nations but not the top.
Shootings - That one I'm not going to look up because I can pretty much guarantee we are since a lot of nations ban/restrict guns and there is so many.
Violent crime - hard to find things since some places report things others don't and a lot of stuff isn't reported.

Let's say a nation where everyone had a gun and everyone was a good person. Would there still be a lot of violence with firearms? I don't think so, which is why I think Americans are the problem.