Go Back  

Threatening Rape = Free Speech? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 PM
diamondsmiles's Avatar
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Join Date: Jun 2011
Contributions: 118
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilion View Post
how do I delete double posts?
You cannot delete the thread, but, you can hit, "edit", then, "go advanced".

In place of the title, I type, "Duplicate Post".

In the body of the post, just delete everything except one character.

That's the best I've figured out. Only moderators can delete the post.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Sharon
  #12  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:23 AM
evilion
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:10137
male
Join Date: Jan 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
You cannot delete the thread, but, you can hit, "edit", then, "go advanced".
K thx

Quote:
You people fear the truth. And will ban it everywhere it might occur.
What? That's such a meaningless statement.

You said earlier that free speech should never be limited. I disagree. Hate speech should never be protected speech; it's not necessary in a democratic society, therefore it needs no protection. Look at Glimmerveen and Hagenbeek v The Netherlands, the applicant wanted 'all black people out of Holland'. Why should that be protected; it's nothing more than unlettered racial hatred. Good job the Court agreed and held it wasn't protected speech. Their reasoning (which I agree with) is that it contributed to the destruction of rights and freedoms of others.


And now you trying to deny the truth, way to go to destroy everything the west stood before.

There is no hate speech, there will never be. Something you consider a hate speech is the free expression of others opinion.
If someone bans and censors something, they ban or censor truth. You don't have to ban lies, the lies are easily countered with truth and facts.

I was in Holland couple of times, and Amsterdam was awful. It wasn't really Holland, only Holland there was was the history and the building they left there.
When I went further into the land, I experienced more Holland culture and people, who are truly dutch.

Those people wanted to have all non ethical dutch out of Holland to not become what it is now.
Exactly the same is happened with England, Sweden, France and Germany.

Quote:
Another example? Lehideux v France, concerning the dissemintaion of Holocaust denial material. It's an undeniable historical fact, to deny it is offensive and not worthy of protection.
Why is Holocaust the only event in history you can't discuss with others or make any research on it? The only real arguments you could think of which make the Holocaust the most drastic event in all of the history of all fucking time is emotional. There were much worse events, who led to the killing of 120 million people in russia, 60 million in china and a few more millions in other communist occupied countries, which were started by the same kind of people, who were murdered in the Holocaust in not so far land called russia.

You fear the truth. You want to ban it.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evilion For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
  #13  
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Notaprettygirl's Avatar
Notaprettygirl
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11537
female
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech?

Thank you for the replies. This happened at a neighborhood "awareness" event (LGBT) were children were present, in my hometown. The police were called. They did little for the victims, and then asked them to leave because they were the more "reasonable group". We were told "NO criminal laws have been violated". The hate group (BHI) in my opinion were going beyond their rights of free speech. Protestors don't bother me, its their right to speak their opinion, but this was threatening outright. I have been asked by the victims not to divulge anymore then is already available. The media has construed, and info has been misleading. I will however update this story as it becomes public.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:34 PM
slash4321's Avatar
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1446
Male
Join Date: Mar 2011
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilion View Post
And now you trying to deny the truth, way to go to destroy everything the west stood before.
Not exactly. Obviously free speech is crucial in a democracy; hate speech however, is not.

Please explain to me how the utterance that 'black people are not welcome in [insert country], because they are [insert perjorative]' is anything but hate speech, which is unecessary in a democratoc society, in fact, I'd argue it is the antithesis of a democractic value. Why? Because it infringes upon guarenteed rights of other people, that are equally important to free speech.

Of course, you can't stop people from saying anything, but somethings must be criminal, and rightly so. People who use racial slurs (for example) and then attempt to hide behind free speech are abusrd and not deserving of that protection.

As I made clear, mentioning the Holocaust was just an example and i'm sure you can understand that it would be perennial, listing every example
The example you give in contrast is ridiculous. Nobody is a Stalinist atrocity denier?! But, I imagine if someone did start denying Stalin's acts of racial genoicide, they'd be pissing off a few countries! I think, for example, Ukraine and Poland would be quick to quash the denial, should they not?

Anyhow, free speech is rarely limited (in Europe anyway), the European Court of Human Rights are releuctant to restrict the extent of it. So, I don't really see what your issue is anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilion View Post
You fear the truth. You want to ban it.
You have got to stop saying that, it's laughable and people won't take you seriously! But, I am intruiged as to which truth in particular i'm in fear of. Enlighten me!

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slash4321 For This Useful Post:
Lieberfrau, slaver
  #15  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech?

'Religion is for the ignorant, weak and poor'. That is one of the worst sweeping generalisations going. I'm not ignorant, weak or poor, believe me :p

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Beloved
  #16  
Old 08-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Just another joke courtesy of religion. Religion is for the ignorant and poor. Fact
"Fact" eh? Your comment alone is ignorant. Same old vomit I read over and over with no substance to back up your logic.

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Only moderators can delete the post.
We often dump dupe posts as we find them and you can also pm one of us to remove it if you wish. It doesn't affect your poster ranking

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2012, 09:36 PM
xstunt1ngx's Avatar
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech?

This is why I hate religion, and Christians the most, they will back anything up with "It's in the bible", too bad they interpret verses from the bible in such a fucked up way.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378
Threatening Rape = Free Speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstunt1ngx View Post
This is why I hate religion, and Christians the most, they will back anything up with "It's in the bible", too bad they interpret verses from the bible in such a fucked up way.
I don't because I know times and cultures have changed plus you need to know what exactly you're reading. It's quite complex. Simply saying 'it's in the bible' isn't a valid argument. Same with 'it's in the Koran' or equivalent. It's 2012! Many fundamental things are still apt. Saying how it's too bad they interpret things in such a fucked-up way, I totally agree with that!!

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
pbaj12
  #20  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
xstunt1ngx's Avatar
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883
Re: Threatening Rape = Free Speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
I don't because I know times and cultures have changed plus you need to know what exactly you're reading. It's quite complex. Simply saying 'it's in the bible' isn't a valid argument. Same with 'it's in the Koran' or equivalent. It's 2012! Many fundamental things are still apt. Saying how it's too bad they interpret things in such a fucked-up way, I totally agree with that!!
The worst people are the Westboro Baptist Church, they spew out all this hate, claiming it's in the bible that some people should die, I wonder what bible they're reading though? Don't get me wrong I can tolerate every religious person to a certain extent, but when they start using bibles/Koran in their defense for saying things, this is when I get annoyed. Remember when some Muslim said it was Allahs will to hit women or something, WOW.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO