Go Back  

Thinking About Adopting a Little African? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577
Thinking About Adopting a Little African?

"We stormed the premises of the Cross Foundation in Aba three days ago following a report that pregnant girls aged between 15 and 17 are being made to make babies for the proprietor," said Bala Hassan, police commissioner for Abia state in the country's southeast.

"We rescued 32 pregnant girls and arrested the proprietor who is undergoing interrogation over allegations that he normally sells the babies to people who may use them for rituals or other purposes."

Some of the girls told police they had been offered to sell their babies for between 25,000 and 30,000 naira (192 dollars) depending on the sex of the baby.

The babies would then be sold to buyers for anything from 300,000 naira to one million naira (1,920 and 6,400 dollars) each, according to a state agency fighting human trafficking in Nigeria, the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).

The girls were expected to be transferred to the regional NAPTIP offices in Enugu on Wednesday, the regional head Ijeoma Okoronkwo told AFP.

Hassan said the owner of the "illegal baby factory" is likely to face child abuse and human trafficking charges. Buying or selling of babies is illegal in Nigeria and can carry a 14-year jail term.

"We have so many cases going on in court right now," said Okoronkwo.

In 2008, police raids revealed an alleged network of such clinics, dubbed baby "farms" or "factories" in the local press.

Cases of child abuse and people trafficking are common in West Africa. Some children are bought from their families to for use as labour in plantations, mines, factories or as domestic help.

Others are sold into prostitution while a few are either killed or tortured in black magic rituals. NAPTIP says it has also seen a trend of illegal adoption.

"There is a problem of illict adoption and people not knowing the right way to adopt children," said Okoronkwo.

Human trafficking is ranked the third most common crime after economic fraud and drug trafficking in the country, according to UNESCO.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708
Re: Thinking About Adopting a Little African?

Oh wow.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178

fucked up. Just as fucked up as selling ur (pre)teen daughter to the sex industry like they do in cambodia, thailand etc.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Kim
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:545
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1122

Wish I'd thought of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:
Blewvane
Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Bunky30
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2422
Female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss110

When I was a C.O. I had a female inmate who was pimping her 12yr. old daughter to fund her drug habit. Needless to say she got her ass beat on numerous occasions.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Kim
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:545
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky30 View Post
When I was a C.O. I had a female inmate who was pimping her 12yr. old daughter to fund her drug habit. Needless to say she got her ass beat on numerous occasions.
My 2nd step-father did that to me. What a waste of skin that bastard was. I took it because if it wasn't me it would have been *his* daughter and she was only 6. Mom claims she 'had no idea'. Needless to say it was very easy for me to get my emancipation at age 13.
One of his later step-daughter's mom believed her. I forget how long he's in jail for, probably out by now. He was in the same prison with one of my bestfriends/ex-boyfriends (still a very close friend) arranged to have his testicles removed.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 AM
reena666
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:803
girly

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
My 2nd step-father did that to me. What a waste of skin that bastard was. I took it because if it wasn't me it would have been *his* daughter and she was only 6. Mom claims she 'had no idea'. Needless to say it was very easy for me to get my emancipation at age 13.
One of his later step-daughter's mom believed her. I forget how long he's in jail for, probably out by now. He was in the same prison with one of my bestfriends/ex-boyfriends (still a very close friend) arranged to have his testicles removed.

i hope you have found ways to move on...cuz I know you never forget...he'll pay for it...in the physical and spiritual!!! sorry to hear..

Old 06-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

This article will be remembered when i need an organ transplant, head to africa.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
chefbob09, Dz