Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6096
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Kanda: "The police can pat down the outside of
your clothing only if they have “reasonable suspicion” (i.e., an
objective reason to suspect) that you might be armed and dangerous." From UCLA
Just wondering, where does this put people with drugs on them? I mean, the wording must be different for a drug arrest right?

Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Politkovskaja
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:157
Torpedo
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6096

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I'm just in the frame of mind, if the kids, had just simply respected the officer(s) from the get-go, none of this would happen. It is in my opinion just an additional sad case of how our society, and newer generations are coming up with lack of just general respect for authority. I will admit as well, our law enforcement have been driven to become socially dicks, but who wouldn't when face to face on a daily basis with people who are now displaying this lack of mutual respect?

I lay no fault in kids being kids, when I was 14, we had a similar experience. Damn near my entire football team and myself snuck into a private community pool, was having a blast, eventually the law showed, and sure, a handful tottered off (fast running backs) the ones that got caught were instantly "yes sir, no sir" and it was over. It wasn't a white/black thing outcome either, me and I believe 5 others were visually white, the rest black, and they showed the same respect.
Several key points, with multiple variables each. To address them all would take Kanda proportions of weed to get into. Kudos

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Politkovskaja:
teacherof2
Old 06-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Politkovskaja
Offline:
Torpedo

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post

i wish they would teach people their rights and how to respectfully deal with law enforcement. there's no reason for shit like this to happen. i get the feeling that rich kids around the nation like to link themselves with whatever issue they can find....because being a social justice warrior is a hip thing to do. i dont think these rich fuckin kids (who have a better life than i ever had...not a complaint, just a fact) have any real sense of what social inequality really is...yet, you point a camera in their face and some of them seem to think they are fuckin Nelson Mandela and are experiencing injustice never experienced before and it tends to be over silly shit. it's pretty sad, really.
TheVrist said that:
Quote:
Isn't a racial thing, it's really turning into an issue of entitlement, social respect, or lack there of, for other people in our communities. When I see shit like this, and the media, we're not fixing the core problem, we're just enabling a growing problem..
...and is right... Not that you are wrong, but he is righter.

You guys have the world's best medium to teach these things, and you fucking do. If anyone ought to know these rights, it's well-privilegied kids with access to television. Hell, I know more about your legal system than I know about my own, just by watching TV.

He's not righter of course, but you had a "but" in your post Kanda

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Politkovskaja For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, TheVrist
Old 06-16-2015, 10:49 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politkovskaja View Post
TheVrist said that:

You guys have the world's best medium to teach these things, and you fucking do. If anyone ought to know these rights, it's well-privilegied kids with access to television. Hell, I know more about your legal system than I know about my own, just by watching TV.

Hell, in these days, even the most underprivileged has access to the internet. Homeless people have smartphones and with free wifi at every cafe, bar, hotel parking lot, there is no reason people shouldn't know enough about law, to know basic rights.

People choose to never bother learning it though, because they automatically adopt the "fuck da popo" mentality, and I guess are too stupid to realize they are only hurting themselves.

Like the show "Cops", most of those morons would or could beat the original charges, by simply giving the police enough rope to hang themselves, but no these idiots usually end up getting a plethora of other charges racked up, the original goes away in due process, but they do time for the other ones they commit.

Politkovskaja
Old 06-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Politkovskaja
Offline:
Torpedo

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6096

Quote:
Hell, in these days, even the most underprivileged has access to the internet. Homeless people have smartphones and with free wifi at every cafe, bar, hotel parking lot, there is no reason people shouldn't know enough about law, to know basic rights.

People choose to never bother learning it though, because they automatically adopt the "fuck da popo" mentality, and I guess are too stupid to realize they are only hurting themselves.

Like the show "Cops", most of those morons would or could beat the original charges, by simply giving the police enough rope to hang themselves, but no these idiots usually end up getting a plethora of other charges racked up, the original goes away in due process, but they do time for the other ones they commit.
In whatever way you present it, O don't think America is going to change overnight.

Jeebus Christ. Let me ask you one thing from someone who isn't privy at all; no, of course he would've pulled his weapon.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Politkovskaja:
teacherof2
Old 06-16-2015, 11:34 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

Quote:
In whatever way you present it, O don't think America is going to change overnight.

Jeebus Christ. Let me ask you one thing from someone who isn't privy at all; no, of course he would've pulled his weapon.
I don't think it will be changed at all. No amount of keyboard, armchair, anthropology will convince the mass, which choose to ignore it, would even listen.

In other News, Kim Kardashian decides to be a man, and attach Kanye West's penis to her forehead!

Politkovskaja
Old 06-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Politkovskaja
Offline:
Torpedo

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6096

Quote:
I don't think it will be changed at all. No amount of keyboard, armchair, anthropology will convince the mass, which choose to ignore it, would even listen.

In other News, Kim Kardashian decides to be a man, and attach Kanye West's penis to her forehead!
I liked the one part that said 'Murica' about choosing your own status. I really liked that.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20142 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss49391

Quote:
TheVrist said that:

fair enough, though our legal system isnt as black and white as the media makes it seem. you have federal, state and local laws...sometimes not congruent with each other. the laws regarding how to deal with police, for example, are different in (say) New York City than they are here....in NYC, a cop can stop you and search you for no reason. here, if a cop stops you and asks for your ID, you can flat out tell them no and carry on with your day. that's what im talking about....local laws and what you are legally allowed to do per jurisdiction.

......now, does that have anything to do with this case? no. the more i watch the video, the more on the cop's side i get. i watched this video with my ex-cop father in law....and i ended up more on the cop's side than he did, if that says anything.

Politkovskaja, TheVrist
Old 06-16-2015, 02:48 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
fair enough, though our legal system isnt as black and white as the media makes it seem. you have federal, state and local laws...sometimes not congruent with each other. the laws regarding how to deal with police, for example, are different in (say) New York City than they are here....in NYC, a cop can stop you and search you for no reason. here, if a cop stops you and asks for your ID, you can flat out tell them no and carry on with your day. that's what im talking about....local laws and what you are legally allowed to do per jurisdiction.

......now, does that have anything to do with this case? no. the more i watch the video, the more on the cop's side i get. i watched this video with my ex-cop father in law....and i ended up more on the cop's side than he did, if that says anything.
One of the bigger legal flaws, is it IS flawed. Laws have been written, re-written, and adjusted so much, they have become a riddle of loophole advantage.

In a couple of states down here, saying "no" to a search, is admission of guilt. Laws adjusted, makes the admission arrestable/detainable, with grounds of probable cause.

Kanda444, Politkovskaja