Go Back  

Texas Cop on Leave After Losing Control at Pool Party 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 06-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Coreym07's Avatar
Coreym07
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2382
Dick In A Box
Join Date: May 2013
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss115
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
if it was a neighbor's yard, it was private property, not public.

People coming into your yard, uninvited? Causing damage and refusing to leave?
There would be some serious physical altercations happening if that was here.

Even if it was an apartment complex, if the crashes don't live there and weren't invited, they are trespassing.

From what I understand it was a private pool for that neighborhood. Meaning everyone who lived in that neighbor could use it and bring a couple guest usually. But what happen here was a bunch of people who don't live there tried using it and jumping the fence to get in.

In which case now becomes trust passing.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028
Join Date: Sep 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Those damn trust passers....

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nasty Nuggets For This Useful Post:
martyl63, tbone79, winvens
  #13  
Old 06-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Pyramid_Head's Avatar
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

I see nothing wrong in the cops actions. They were arguing and refusing to leave, so then the cop tries arresting the girl and she starts resisting. So like he was trained to do, he threw her to the ground in an attempted to cuff her.

The only thing he did wrong was pull his gun, it should have been a tazer as a warning to the other kids to back off. But because they were black, he's in trouble for doing his job...wow.

Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Coreym07, tbone79, teacherof2, TheCreeperBEATNGU, TheVrist, Top Gear
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
kikaha
  #14  
Old 06-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20133 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49373
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

the problem isnt how the police acted as a group...it was the actions of the one officer. there was really no reason to pull a fuckin firearm in that situation....but, in his defense, in the heat of the moment, that many potential assailants could become a real threat.....could. not likely considering he was there with backup and they were adolescents. that being said, i dont think he did anything criminally wrong nor do i think he should lose his job over this. a slap on the wrist, i feel, would be fine.

im not sure why people think that it's ok for a cop to beat the shit out of a person or pull a fuckin gun on them simply because the person isnt following orders.

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, rob666, vanillabuzz, winvens
  #15  
Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028
Join Date: Sep 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

In the cops defense, it kinda did look like the guy in the teal hat was pulling something out of the back of his pants when he threw the girl down, but he was just pulling his pants up. Maybe that's why he pulled the gun?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty Nuggets For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier
  #16  
Old 06-10-2015, 12:07 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4574 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11712
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

In a situation of numbers, I have to side with the cop. Being in a crowd of idiots bouncing in all directions can be a bit unnerving as it is. The Gun gave him the upper hand against the odds.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
martyl63, teacherof2, TheCreeperBEATNGU, Top Gear, woodrat
  #17  
Old 06-10-2015, 12:25 AM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
if it was a neighbor's yard, it was private property, not public.

People coming into your yard, uninvited? Causing damage and refusing to leave?
There would be some serious physical altercations happening if that was here.

Even if it was an apartment complex, if the crashes don't live there and weren't invited, they are trespassing.
They were on the street. The gun incident happened on the street.
If they'd trespassed previously that's a different issue. Once you're on a public street you're no longer trespassing.
If I'm walking down the street doing nothing illegal, and a Cop tells me to go home, I'm going to tell that Cop to fuck off.

Now, if this was some kind of gated community or whatnot I have no idea what or who's authority that would fall under.

Does a Cop legally have the right to tell you to go home?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
vanillabuzz
  #18  
Old 06-10-2015, 12:31 AM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
the problem isnt how the police acted as a group...it was the actions of the one officer. there was really no reason to pull a fuckin firearm in that situation....but, in his defense, in the heat of the moment, that many potential assailants could become a real threat.....could. not likely considering he was there with backup and they were adolescents. that being said, i dont think he did anything criminally wrong nor do i think he should lose his job over this. a slap on the wrist, i feel, would be fine.

im not sure why people think that it's ok for a cop to beat the shit out of a person or pull a fuckin gun on them simply because the person isnt following orders.
Exactly, its use of force protocols.

That's why they teach defensive tactics, and have pepper spray, batons, and a taser.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kanda444, winvens
  #19  
Old 06-10-2015, 12:57 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4574 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11712
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Quote:
Once you're on a public street you're no longer trespassing.
That is like saying that once the robber is out of the bank he is no longer a bank robber.

Crime committed don't get excused just because you stopped committing it.

If someone called in a complaint, it's the cop's duty to detain the suspect until a formal charge is filed, or an investigation reveals enough to release them. In this case, there was an resistant to that duty being preform.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-10-2015, 01:44 AM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Cop on Leave Pushing 15 Yo Girl to the Ground & Pulling Gun on Other Teenag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
That is like saying that once the robber is out of the bank he is no longer a bank robber.

Crime committed don't get excused just because you stopped committing it.

If someone called in a complaint, it's the cop's duty to detain the suspect until a formal charge is filed, or an investigation reveals enough to release them. In this case, there was an resistant to that duty being preform.

He detained her because she refused to go home. It was never stated that she was being detained for suspicion of breaking a law was it? If she was indeed a suspect in a crime, would telling her to 'go home" be the appropriate thing to do?

If the bank robber walks out on the street, you apprehend him.
Does that also give you the right to tell anybody else in the vicinity to "go home"?

Does the refusal to leave a public area make you a suspect? Is refusal to leave a public area a crime?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
vanillabuzz

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO