Go Back  

Teen Pro Boxer Dies After Absorbing Blows to Head While Attempting to Give Up Fight 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029
Re: Teen Pro Boxer Dies After Absorbing Blows to Head While Attempting to Give Up Fig

Fuckin asshole kept punching and had to be pulled away and separated. Manslaughter should be the charge if they have that over there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, kellyhound
Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61212
Re: Teen Pro Boxer Dies After Absorbing Blows to Head While Attempting to Give Up Fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Fuckin asshole kept punching and had to be pulled away the separated. Manslaughter should be the charge if they have that over there.
that was exactly what i thought. He even tried to get around the ref to continue. The little shithead.
certainly not a pro boxer ime.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381

That's just awful

I hate boxing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Seven Of Nine
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

The look in the still photo in your original post, gata, says, "Save me,", to me. He looks so desperate! Very sad!

I don't know why anyone would submit to all those head and face blows for any amount of money when they could end up being a vegetable or dead

I counted 8 blows before he was saved by the, "ref."

It's 18, I believe, in the US, but, some of the guys have their sons in the ring younger with wrestling, and all I think in my head is, "child abuse!"

There is an institute in Massachusetts that studies traumatic sports brain injuries.

A former professional wrestler is one of the board members or founders. I believe his name is Chris, a former member of The Spirit Squad.

Here is an article I found:

Press Release: Wrestling Star Donates Brain for Research
By : WrestlingDotCom News Posted on September 15, 2009

(Quincy, MA) – Former WWE Superstar “The Promise” Antonio Thomas, is combining brains with brawn—literally.

Thomas is the latest professional wrestler to donate his brain to concussion research.

The Sports Legacy Institute (SLI), founded by former WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski and Dr. Robert Cantu, is the recipient of Thomas’ donation, which is part of an effort to further understand concussions and their effect on the brain.

The SLI, founded in 2008, is dedicated to advancing the health and wellness of athletes and improving the safety of sports & other athletic endeavors.

“It’s the least I can do, to help other wrestlers and athletes after me,” Thomas says of his involvement with the SLI.

Former NHL star Keith Primeau, whose career was cut short due to multiple concussions, is among the professional athletes who’ve pledged to donate their brains after death, joining several pro wrestlers in the cause.

For more information about the SLI and its mission, visit www.sportslegacy.org.

ABOUT “THE PROMISE” ANTONIO THOMAS

Antonio Thomas began his training at the late great Killer Kowalski’s briefly in 2001 before continuing his training under longtime New England standout Kevin Landry.

Antonio made his professional debut in late 2001 before emerging throughout the New England area shortly thereafter working regularly for top promotions including New England Championship Wrestling, Chaotic Wrestling, and Eastern Wrestling Alliance.

Thomas was called up to WWE Raw in April 2005 where he became one half of the re-named “Heart Throbs” and where he produced memorable feuds with William Regal and Tajiri, Hurricane and Rosey, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, Val Venis and Viscera.

After parting ways with the WWE in February 2006, Thomas became busier than ever, returning to work numerous promotions throughout the Country, as well as going back to where it all began for him on the New England scene, reuniting with Bradley and his WFA, Sheldon Goldberg’s New England Championship Wrestling, and Chaotic Wrestling, among numerous of others.

Antonio performed in shows for TNA in 2007, including Destination X Pay-Per-View in March against Voodoo Kin Mafia-Kip and B.G. James as well as touring for Nu-Wrestling Evolution (NWE) in Europe.

In May 2009, Antonio won the prestigious NECW Iron 8 Tournament. Winning the Iron 8, defeating some of the best in professional wrestling today, takes Thomas to the next level and proves to the world that he is the future of professional wrestling.

In addition to a hectic and busy wrestling schedule, Thomas is a lifelong workout and fitness enthusiast in addition to being a certified personal trainer, working his way towards an eventual Masters Degree in Exercise Science and Strength and Conditioning.

*Chris Benoit was found to have the brown of a man in his 70's*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Seven Of Nine
Old 02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessAngel View Post
That's so sad, I wonder if he knew ..right when the fight was called and he went to take his mouth guard out, I wonder if he felt something.

Does anyone else find it really odd that so few people were there watching? As the camera pans around it's the smallest venue ever. This was pro?

He spit something out on the way to his corner. I thought that may have been it.

I believe people know they are dying.

I wouldn't watch two babies box or wrestle! They're lucky if they weigh 100 pounds each.

I'd be traumatized if I saw someone die in the ring. If I had been there at wrestling when Owen Hart died, I would have never gone again!

I met him a couple of times and it was so sad! He died doing a stupid gimmick he didn't want to do!

The last interview of him is acting like a big blue blue bird! His kids will see that one day, if they already have not!

I could never have kids! I'd be a lunatic! My oldest great niece calls me a, "germ hater," but, I hate seeing sick babies.

Her two year old brother is sick a lot and they have a dog! I'd have him hating me washing his hands so much! The first time I tried, he hid his hands behind him.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Seven Of Nine