Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
Teen Describes Killing As, "Amazing, Enjoyable"

By The Associated Press

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A Missouri teenager who admitted stabbing, strangling and slitting the throat of a young neighbor girl wrote in her journal on the night of the killing that it was an "ahmazing" and "pretty enjoyable" experience — then headed off to church with a laugh.

The words written by Alyssa Bustamante were read aloud in court Monday as part of a sentencing hearing to determine whether she should get life in prison or something less for the October 2009 murder of her neighbor, 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, in a small town west of Jefferson City.

Bustamante, 18, sat silently — occasionally glancing at those testifying about her, often looking down or to the side — as law enforcement officers, attorneys and forensics experts read aloud her inner most thoughts that she had recorded as a 15-year-old high school sophomore.

The most poignant part of Monday's testimony came when a handwriting expert described how he was able to see through the blue ink that Bustamante had used in an attempt to cover up her original journal entry on the night of Elizabeth's murder. He then read the entry aloud in court:

"I just f------ killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead. I don't know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the "ohmygawd I can't do this" feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now...lol."

The journal entry was presented to the judge not long after Elizabeth's mother and other relatives pleaded with Cole County Circuit Judge Pat Joyce to impose the maximum sentence. Bustamante pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action last month and faces at most a sentence of life in prison with a chance for parole. The least she could get is 10 years.

Elizabeth's mother, Patty Preiss, described her daughter as "happy, little girl," when she left her home about 5 p.m. after begging to go play with Bustamante's younger sister. Preiss said she told Elizabeth to be back for dinner at 6 p.m. but never saw her again.

"So much has been lost at the hands of this evil monster," Preiss tearfully said, with Bustamante sitting several feet away. "Elizabeth was given a death sentence and we were given a life sentence."

With Bustamante looking at her, Preiss said: "I hate her, I hate everything about her." The judge cut off her testimony when she described Bustamante as "not even human."

FBI agents seized the journal from Bustamante's bedroom during a search of her family's home the day after Elizabeth went missing as hundreds of volunteers scoured the rural area around St. Martin's.

Bustamante suggested to FBI and the Missouri State Highway Patrol officials that the girl had probably been kidnapped and that whoever had done so deserved to be convicted.

At one point, law enforcement officers discovered a hole in the ground in the shape of a shallow grave near Bustamante's home. They testified that Bustamante acknowledged digging it but said she just liked to dig holes. It was only later that Elizabeth's body was found concealed under leaves in another grave in the woods behind the Bustamante home.

At a hearing in 2009, Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. David Rice testified that the teenager told him "she wanted to know what it felt like" to kill someone.

Defense attorneys Monday highlighted Bustamante's troubled childhood as part of their argument about why she should receive leniency. They referred to numerous references in her journal in the two months before the murder, describing her suicidal feelings and the urge to hurt herself and others.

At one point Bustamante had written that she intended to burn down a house and kill all the occupants, but she never followed through with that. On Oct. 14, one week before Elizabeth's slaying, Bustamante had written that she was unable to use her cell phone because the charger had died, which meant she couldn't talk to anyone about the depression and rage she was feeling.

"If I don't talk about it, I bottle it up, and when I explode someone's going to die," she wrote in a journal that was read to the court by her defense attorney, Charlie Moreland.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
DeeMarieGK, Dragonlady66, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
SeaGrave
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:597
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss953
Re: Teen Describes Killing As, "Amazing, Enjoyable"

Twisted cunt

Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 AM
eyepoppinchokes
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2714

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss91

She "just likes to dig holes." Good one.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

Sentencing hearing? Are they fucking nuts? Kill this psychotic bitch. Better yet torture her and let her feel the pain and fear that poor little girl felt. How is this even an issue?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, DeeMarieGK, fattubbashit, Flaka, Karma
Old 02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

What a fucking sick bitch. I want a death sentence!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss8705

Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:657

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

I live 3 hours from there...I'll be back soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigFoot For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47, LissaMarie88
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
LissaMarie88
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:972
Yo Moms

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss453

WTF this lil bitch needs to die if not death life in prison or life in one of the holes she dug up

The Following User Says Thank You to LissaMarie88 For This Useful Post:
fattubbashit
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

I posted this little evil freak on FB last night. People have been saying she should NOT be tried as an adult.
This child, just like Jasmine Richardson (Medicine Hat, Canada, triple slaying of her family) CANNOT be fixed.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

What fun things she did!
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAIJ5VUCc5U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAIJ5VUCc5U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Also, w/ the OP, some commenters to that posting said the 9 year old MAY HAVE antagonized this little monster.