formerly male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613
Teen Allegedly Raped by Army Private Speaks Out

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- A 15-year-old girl who says she was raped by an army private that had escaped police custody spoke out at a press conference Monday with her attorney, Gloria Allred.

The victim, along with her grandparents who are her legal guardians, and her aunt chose to waive their right to privacy in order to call attention to the escape of 20-year-old Daniel Brazelton.

"Daniel's escape changed our lives dramatically," The victim's grandmother said. "We felt at risk; that our home was no longer safe because of our fear that Daniel could come to our home and harm our family," adding that the victim was not allowed to attend school for a week following the incident. "We feel that Daniel was transported by the Army negligently, and we don't want any other family ever to suffer what we had to suffer."

"I was living in fear because Daniel was out there somewhere," the victim said. "I was worried about what he might say or do while he was free and not in the custody of law enforcement."

She went on to say that "the army needs to own up and fix what they are doing wrong in transporting a soldier arrested on a rape charge so that no other family has to go through the fear of their lives being taken by their irresponsibility."

In the conference, Allred raised the question "Why did the United States Army never contact the victim herself to notify her and her family of the escape and explain what happened?"

Allred stated that they plan to send a letter Monday to United States senators Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein, along with the United States Army secretary John McHugh requesting an investigation and an answer to this and other questions.

Brazelton escaped from military custody in Georgia on Feb. 11 while being transferred from military to civilian custody in connection with the L.A. County rape case, and eluded capture for one week. It was not confirmed whether he was wearing handcuffs at the time of his escape.

He was captured on Friday at a motel in Daytona Beach, Fla, according to L.A. County sheriff's captain Michael Parker.

Parker said detectives with the Special Victims Bureau were concerned that Brazelton might try to make his way back to his native Palmdale. At the time, Brazelton was considered armed and dangerous.

Brazelton remains in custody and is awaiting extradition back to Los Angeles County.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Kyle416
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1394
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss258
Re: Teen Allegedly Raped by Army Private Speaks Out

I feel sorry for the 15 year old. Not only because of what she has had to deal with in this case, but that she has to put up with Gloria Allred.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
alpha.first.one
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:670
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss808