Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Tased Three Times After Allegedly Jaywalking/not Providing ID

Warning! turn your volume down.. annoying bitch alert!!

<****** width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4y4jFi0wLIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

A Florida man was repeatedly tased by police officers and arrested for refusing to identify himself, but instead of apologizing, the Casselberry Police Department insisted it would use footage of the incident for training purposes.

The video begins with police accusing Zikomo Peurifoy of jaywalking before they demand to see his identification.

The officer is asked by Peurifoy what statute requires that he show his ID, to which he responds, "Give me your ID or you're going to go to jail."

When Peurifoy refuses, two officers grab him while the man warns he will press charges for assault because he has committed no crime. Requests for a supervisor to be called are ignored.

After cops attempt to handcuff Peurifoy, he resists before a taser is used repeatedly while Peurifoy yells, "You are assaulting me."

Peurifoy still manages to escape the clutches of police before he is repeatedly tased again before he finally falls to the ground and is arrested.

Far from apologizing for the incident, which appears to clearly show cops over-reacting, the Casselberry Police Department defended the actions of police and told WFTV, "That their officers followed policy so well that they're going to use the video for training."

Peurifoy faces charges of "resisting with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer," despite the fact that the video shows Peurifoy did not attack any of the officers at any point during the confrontation.

In order to detain an person and demand their ID, police need to have reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is taking place.

Aside from the dubious contention that Peurifoy was mandated to show his ID because of alleged jaywalking, this video seems to speak more to the fact that police now believe citizens are legally required to follow their every order.

This myth crops up again and again when citizens are told by law enforcement that that filming police officers is illegal, when a 2011 First Circuit Court of Appeals decision confirmed that it is not.

Despite the law saying that recording police officers on duty is a First Amendment right, numerous incidents have occurred where citizens are intimidated and arrested for doing so, arising out of the false premise that failing to obey an order from a police officer, despite that command being unlawful, is itself a crime.

so what do you guys think of this? I personally would have tased the bitch recording.. if i was a corrupt cop. and destroy her camera phone/evidence. Hard to side with them on this. Also.. do cops ever bring their "supervisor" on scene of an arrest? wtf.. this isnt Walmart..

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
Shelbeano ^-^
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
Re: Tased Three Times After Allegedly Jaywalking/not Providing ID

It starts with jaywalking. No good can come of this.

Next, he'll be robbing banks or murdering people.

Seriously, why didn't he just give the police his ID? He is acting suspicious by not providing his ID. I remember when a cop was behind me with his lights on and I knew I was speeding.

My paranoid late brother asked if he should book. I laughed. I was drinking Diet Coke because wherever I got it had no Diet Pepsi. My car and I are legal and there was nothing illegal in the car.

This is a small stretch of highway in New Jersey right after you you cross a bridge from Pennsylvania to NJ where the speeds change three times in a couple of miles or less. It's a speed trap for out of state drivers.

Anyway, I gave him my ID, he told me to slow down and that was that. My car has never gotten searched and I only got out of the car when I pulled into a parking lot one time. I don't get stopped on a regular basis.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, slash4321
Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 AM
fletch
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:121
drugs

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8189

Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10530

Another Trayvon Martin Ghetto Trash type with his Ghetto Trash b*tch out creating trouble where there was none.

Camera conveniently at the ready, this was obviously a preplanned provocation.

The Following 2 Users Disliked Oswald2001 For This Post:
Flaka, FredFlintstone
Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 AM
JamesPeach
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5773

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

I usually hate when black people are yelling and acting like apes, but these blacks know their rights and if he gets a good lawyer he will win. If I were him I would holla at Obama! Cop at the end tries to call the man a criminal, uhm innocent till proven guilty right? This is a great training video, but I think the Fullerton Police Department have a better one.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

Some cops really abuse their position of power. these two dweebs are a perfect example.

Oh and because he's black, automatically means he's another trayvon martin ghetto trash?

Oswald, enlighten me on how you are so sure he was 'out with his bitch creating trouble'? Perhaps you could share that part of the story with me, I didn't see where he was being a criminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
FredFlintstone
Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
KellyBlue
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6191
female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22

I don't see anything wrong here. Looks to me like he wanted to catch the police on video making a mistake. Where I live, you can get ticketed for jaywalking. He refused to show ID and wanted to complicate things. Do I think someone should be Tased for jaywalking? no. He was being difficult and the police did what they felt necessary.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KellyBlue For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Oswald2001
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178

all i see is a whole group of overreacting assholes.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 PM
chris50stang
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:725
male

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss725

wow thats the town next to mine probably 3 miles away i missed it

Old 07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Some black people do this to cry, "rapist". Don't know if that was the idea. I would think the man had something to hide.

There were two suspicious people and one policeman. I am tired of people blaming police for protecting themselves when approaching scumbags!

This was Florida and how does he know they aren't under the influence of bath salts or anything?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, Oswald2001