female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
TANGIPAHOA SHERRIFS SEIZE LASER WEAPONS AFTER TRAFFIC STOP

HAMMOND, Louisiana — Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Daniel Edwards has announced the seizure of several illegal laser-emitting guns after deputies stopped and searched a mini van suspiciously traveling 45 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The driver, Gareth Petero, (WM) 33 of Slidell, was booked at parish jail and charged with 2 counts of illegal possession of laser tag paraphernalia and 1 count of failure to operate a mini van at a speed much lower than the posted speed limit.

“Unfortunately laser crime has been on the rise over the past several months,” Edwards told HAN. According to Edwards, the upcoming addition of a new laser tag family fun center on SW Railroad Ave. will only spur more trouble for the community.

Edwards says residents can take a number of precautionary measures to reduce their risk of being victim to laser crime.

“Simple things such as parking in well-lit parking lots at night, reinforcing locks on doors at home, and not wearing laser tag vests in public can greatly lower your chances of suffering from a laser tag-related injury,” Edwards said.

Hammond Mayor Mayson Foster has also urged safety this holiday season, but he insists that following the sheriff’s “pea-brained cautionary measures” are not enough.

“I’m going to tell you something I’ve never told anybody. Every single day that I’m mayor and sitting in that office, I’m packing a piece. Laser pistol. Infrared. Rechargeable. If its late at night and a guy spots me and thinks about popping a proverbial cap, he’ll see this and think again,” warned Foster.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 PM
St. Geno
Offline:
I don't fuck with anyone
Poster Rank:67

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2226 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13787
Re: TANGIPAHOA SHERRIFS SEIZE LASER WEAPONS AFTER TRAFFIC STOP

haha!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

got pulled over for going the speed limit? I would be fucked. I always go at least 5 over. Yeah...5. ~looks around~

Old 02-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Guderian1974
Offline:
AppliedViolence
Poster Rank:336
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2250

I will make it plain.

MOHAMMED LIED. You are not the super-race.

He was a murdering child molesting con man. You've been played.

The monster in your life is YOU.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
got pulled over for going the speed limit? I would be fucked. I always go at least 5 over. Yeah...5. ~looks around~
In the three little towns....Hammond, Ponchatoula and Robert, if you are ONLY doing the speed limit, then you are either cruising for bumpkin hookers, cruising to buy crystal meth, or are a driver over 80 years of age.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
happy
Offline:
Server Supporter
Poster Rank:13
Male

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 3912 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss45295

A few years back a tv show was doing a report on abuses by Lousiana cops pulling out of state vehicles over on the interstate and shaking them down with phoney charges.

The news crew had their cruise control set at the speed limit when they were pulled over by a cop. He said they were speeding and the reporter said no we were not because we had our cruise control on. Then the reporter introduced himself and informed the cop they were on tv. The expression on the cops face was priceless.

Then he said well you were changing lanes without caution, but i will let you go. Haha, hilarious.