Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss36
Taliban Responds to Prince Harry: ‘It’s Not a Game—it’s Very, Very Real

Taliban leaders have fired back at Prince Harry over the royal's comments that piloting a helicopter in Afghanistan—where he says he killed insurgents during his recent tour of duty—is like playing a video game.

Harry, who co-piloted an Apache helicopter during his 20-week tour, made the comparison in an interview broadcast by the BBC Monday night.

“It’s a joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox," the 28-year-old said. "So with my thumbs I like to think I’m probably quite useful."

The Taliban did not appreciate the comparison.

“This statement is not even worth condemning. It is worse than that,” Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, told London's Telegraph. “To describe the war in Afghanistan as a game demeans anyone—especially a prince, who is supposed to be made of better things.”

Mujahid continued: “It shows the lack of understanding, of knowledge. It shows they are unfamiliar with the situation and shows why they are losing. ... It’s not a game. It’s very, very real."

In comments published in the Daily Mirror on Monday, Harry confirmed that he killed Taliban insurgents during his deployment.

“Yeah, so lots of people have," Harry said. "The squadron’s been out here. Everyone’s fired a certain amount."

The prince, known as Captain Wales and nicknamed "Ugly," said he fired on the Taliban during an attack on Camp Bastion in southern Afghanistan last fall. “Take a life to save a life," he said. "That’s what we revolve around, I suppose."

A few days before the insurgent attack on Camp Bastion, Mujahid had told Reuters: "We are using all our strength to get rid of him, either by killing or kidnapping."

Sharifullah Kamawal, a member of the Afghan parliament, told the Telegraph that Harry's latest comments could disrupt relations between soldiers and locals there.

“This makes the withdrawal process much faster, because for now half of the people say the foreign forces must stay for longer," Kamawal said. "But if they say these kind of things, then more people will want them to go home."

<****** id="viddler-f39c49c6" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/f39c49c6/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=18164489&disablebr anding=0" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></******>

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drgreen For This Useful Post:
Pyramid_Head, Seven Of Nine, Sharon
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 AM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:354
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093
Re: Taliban Responds to Prince Harry: ‘It’s Not a Game—it’s Very, Very Real

They're not wrong either, the guys a fucking idiot.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DannyDrama For This Useful Post:
booyah, dcaccount22, dean mclean, icheerthebull, Pink., shell416, Vera Wang
Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 412

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61159

Quote:
“It’s a joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox," the 28-year-old said. "So with my thumbs I like to think I’m probably quite useful."
ffs

Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

harry rocks, blow them all up

Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
HarleyQuinn
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1949
Frau

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

Fucksake...

The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyQuinn For This Useful Post:
Pink.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Sitting exams at school was 'a nightmare' for Prince Harry, but like many of his age the third in line to the throne is a whiz at computer games on the PlayStation and Xbox.
Harry, who was educated at Ludgrove Prep School and Eton College, said he was 'absolutely useless' at written tests at school, but is making up for it now by beating his army colleagues at computer games.
He said: 'You can ask the guys: I thrash them at Fifa the whole time.'
In an interview conducted before he flew home to the UK from his deployment as an Apache helicopter co-pilot gunner (CPG), the 28-year-old revealed how he and his friends in 662 Squadron based in Camp Bastion played computer games and ate pizza when they had time off.
He also talked about his living conditions at the dusty army base, and revealed he was sent a jar of Clarence House honey made by bees at the Prince of Wales' official residence.
The young royal also said his father had sent him a box of Cuban cigars, some of which he traded with American soldiers in exchange for their treats from home.
Showing appealing modesty about his obvious skills as a pilot, the Prince said his skills at sports and games helped pave the way for him to become a top pilot.
He said: 'Exams were always a nightmare, but anything like kicking a ball around or playing PlayStation - or flying - I do generally find a little bit easier than walking, sometimes.
'It's a joy for me because I'm one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think that I'm probably quite useful.'
The Prince said taking the controls in the helicopter came naturally to him, and he qualified top of his class as a CPG despite finding the academic side tricky.

Vid above doesn't show him saying it, this does: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...guys-Fifa.html
To me he's just explaining that the controls of a helicopter just come naturally to him as he's good at playing xbox. I read what i pasted above and watched him saying it in the video i linked and i personally think it's just an innocent remark about that and he's not comparing it to what he uses the helicopter for or even war.
Many people say they find driving easy due to years of playing car games with a steering wheel. That's the same thing but because this is a member of the royal family it's being blown all out of proportion. Just my take on it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, Sharon, slapchoppa, TheCapn
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Stumbled across this vid

<****** width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CpgugLrLa-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrama View Post
They're not wrong either, the guys a fucking idiot.
And you're a fairy.

Military controls are actually based on computer gaming consoles, dont cry about something which is real.

Harry can say what he wants about this, he is the one flying an Apache, not you.

I for one hope he kills as many of these fucks as possible before he comes home.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Pink., Sharon
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 PM
speakyourmind
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:108

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9192

idiots, Afghanistan will never be conquered

Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss51378

He can say what he wants if that's how he learns and copes with the situation Many formula one drivers play video games and use them to get a feel of the racing courses' layout before hitting them with their cars. Chill out, bloody hell.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Brometheus