MAN

Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21484 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37777
Re: Susann Stacy Posts Bloody Selfie To Facebook After Attack From Husband

I can't believe he let her have internet access. That's where a lot of the cheating starts.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:03 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
I can't believe he let het have internet access. That's where a lot of the cheating starts.
Lol, good point. With most of my exes, one of the first places problems started was their Internet activity. My last girlfriend that lived with me didn't even know that web browsers keep the history in them. So that was entertaining to sift through that.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:40 PM
dean mclean
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:350
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
"This guy" says a lot of things are illegal. Just because ANYTHING is illegal doesn't matter. It's not a matter of law, it's a question of how people feel about the case. I think everyone here know's it's illegal to hit someone. That's why he is in jail to begin with. So saying it's illegal isn't exactly a breakthrough moment.

It's also illegal to drive 1MPH over the speed limit. Have you EVER done that, even once? Then you have broken the law! And yes, in some places, adultery is actually still illegal too! I don't know about Kentucky if it is, but I would actually be surprised if it isn't still illegal there considering the south is known for having outdated laws.

In some parts of TN for instance, as of at least 10 years ago, it was still a legal requirement that if a woman drives a car, a man must walk ahead of her and yell out that she is coming to any nearby pedestrians.

This law was made somewhere around the early 1900's. The reason was that they didn't think women could drive well and weren't smart enough to not hit anyone. So for women, it is still illegal in parts of TN to drive without a man leading them. This might shock you, but they aren't obeying this law anymore even though it's still on the books!

You and your wife COULD be prosecuted and even receive prison time if you let her drive the car alone where that is a law, lol.

As far as my feelings about what happened between this couple, I have typed about it until my fingers are sore. So please see my previous posts, I see no need to repeat myself again.
Are you seriously comparing a traffic violation or some obscure Tennessee driving law to a felony assault? What bearing does out of date shit that will never actually be persecuted have to do with a cut and dry case like this? Laws against physically assaulting people aren't some obscure Kentucky law made up in the early 1900s, they're common to almost every society, current or past, that's existed and been documented.
You're the one who seems to be getting emotional about this if you can't understand the very logical difference here.

"Just because ANYTHING is illegal doesn't matter."
So it wouldn't matter if we couldn't persecute rape, murder, arson, torture, or child abuse? Do you seriously consider that logical?

The Following User Says Thank You to dean mclean For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 01-07-2014, 01:05 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean mclean View Post
Are you seriously comparing a traffic violation or some obscure Tennessee driving law to a felony assault? What bearing does out of date shit that will never actually be persecuted have to do with a cut and dry case like this? Laws against physically assaulting people aren't some obscure Kentucky law made up in the early 1900s, they're common to almost every society, current or past, that's existed and been documented.
You're the one who seems to be getting emotional about this if you can't understand the very logical difference here.

"Just because ANYTHING is illegal doesn't matter."
So it wouldn't matter if we couldn't persecute rape, murder, arson, torture, or child abuse? Do you seriously consider that logical?
Sorry, I think sometimes I either don't explain it well enough, which leads to VERY long replies, or frankly in some cases, my thinking is ahead of most peoples. Which can lead to confusion I guess. When I play chess, I'm the guy that's planning through his 5th move before I make the first move. While the other person is usually trying to figure out what to do on their first move.

The point was that saying it's illegal deserves a big ole "Duh". The debate up to this point has been how people feel about the situation. Which has varied from people thinking she didn't deserve it at all, to what a couple of people said early on, which was she got what she deserved. I was NOT one of those. Again, as I have said a few times, my feelings have been previously stated MANY times. No need to repeat anymore. Go back and read.

As far as legality, laws differ from state to state, and country to country. If whether it was legal or not is what matters, then would you approve of what he did if it WERE legal? If an international law is created by the U.N. tomorrow to legalize beating your spouse, would you then be supportive of it because it's "legal"?

My point quiet simply is, whether it's illegal or not is irrelevant. That there are many laws that are stupid and outdated. So saying someone is right or wrong because of whether it's legal or not doesn't matter.

What was said was that because it was illegal to hit her, he's in the wrong. As everyone has discussed so far, morally they feel it's right or wrong. I wouldn't have done it myself, but the law doesn't matter on morality.

To put it yet another way which should make it crystal clear, let me ask you a simple yes or no question.

In radical islamist countries, not only is it legal to beat your wife if she cheats on you (or even if you suspect it for that matter, lol), but she would be taken out into the streets, stripped naked and stoned to death slowly in front of everyone including children.

So the point is, since it is legal there, using the before mentioned logic, the MAN would be in the right for murdering her. Why? Because it's legal, duh! That's what being ONLY concerned about legalities leads to. You can't make your decision by laws, you have to base your decisions on your own feelings and morals.

So now, the yes or no question. Do you think because something is legal or illegal, that makes it right or wrong? If the answer is yes, then you MUST be in agreeance that in such places as I mentioned, it's ok to murder a woman for adultery.

In fact if you answered yes, then what you are truly saying is "yes, if it is legal to stone your spouse to death for adultery, then I am in full support of it, but it's not legal here, so I don't". See the silliness of that logic?

If the answer is no, then the point of legality making one right or wrong, doesn't hold up as I am saying. Going by your previous reply, I'm willing to bet you would say you don't approve of murdering your spouse for adultery whether it's in the U.S., China, Islamic countries, or on Jupiter. If that is how you feel, then I am right, laws aren't what matters, it's whether it's morally right or wrong that matters. Do you see?

I don't think I can simplify it anymore, but if someone still doesn't get it, let me know and I'll try. Sometimes I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness, lol.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I know of two married couples who managed to workout their issues after infidelities came to light, and they formed stronger bonds because of it. They amaze me.
I think cheating is the beginning of the end in most cases, though. It's sleazy
I agree. How do you ever get the trust back? In the back of your mind the fact you were betrayed will always be there.
I also think it is great that your friends were able to work out their differences. It takes a strong foundation to get over cheating. (IMO)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, WonderMomma
Old 01-07-2014, 11:16 PM
WonderMomma
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1389
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss260

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKF View Post
I agree. How do you ever get the trust back? In the back of your mind the fact you were betrayed will always be there.
I also think it is great that your friends were able to work out their differences. It takes a strong foundation to get over cheating. (IMO)
to be honest... there was a reason for the cheating. when men do it, it's because they're not getting something they want from their spouses (sex) so get it else where. women do it for more emotional reasons... but regardless of who and why... if they do it once, for me, that says they're capable of doing it to begin with. it's likely to happen again. the one cheated on just needs to decide if they can deal with that possibility.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WonderMomma For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, NurseBettie
Old 01-07-2014, 11:53 PM
NurseBettie
Offline:
LURKER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Poster Rank:965
F

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss456

IF she was cheating, I don't blame her for trying to find another man. She's married to a wife beating a**hole. What she did wasn't illegal

The Following User Says Thank You to NurseBettie For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse
Old 01-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Violence just isn't the way people should settle their problems. No matter who she was talking to, he was wrong to assault her.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse
Old 01-08-2014, 10:53 AM
JohnFrash
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:359
Male

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2077

So much projecting going on in this thread.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I don't condone beating women, however I am finding it really hard to have sympathy for her when he caught her on the phone with another man.

Men don't beat women....Cowards do, if he thought she was cheating he could have simply ended the relationship....He's no man, I imagine he'll find that out in prison once he's had a few beatings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
Jere