Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss25851
Study: Whites Least Likely Ethnicity to Attend University

Quote:
Ethnic minorities 'more likely to go to university' than white working-class British children

White British children are being left behind as they are the least likely of any ethnic group to go to university, a five-year study by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has revealed for the first time.
The research found that every ethnic minority - including groups that had underperformed academically like Black Caribbeans, are now more likely to go to university than white British children.

It also revealed that within social class, poor white British children are substantially behind each ethnic minority group and even wealthy white British children are behind most ethnic minorities, expect Black Caribbeans and other Black individuals.

However, when compared among to individuals of similar class and with similar academic results, wealthy white British children are lagging behind all ethnic minorities.

Experts said lack of aspirations and expectations among white British children were to blame for the trend. But they also said high aspirations among new migrant families and better levels of attainment among black British children are contributing to the misfortune of white British children.

Dr Jonathan Cave, an economist and population expert at Warwick University, said some white British children “don’t think university is for them” because “they don’t think they can pay the costs back” or because “they don’t want to be three years out of the labour market while others climb the career ladder”.

Overall, Chinese children are 75 per cent more likely to attend university than a white one (32.6 per cent). Separately, a Bangladeshi child is 48.8 per cent more likely to attend while Pakistani children are 44.7 per cent more likely to do so.

In the five year period from 2003 to 2005, other black and black Caribbean children overtook their white British counterparts for the first time with the likelihood of these two minority groups rising from 27 per cent to 41.2 per cent and from 26.6 per cent to 37.4 per cent in that period.

Claire Crawford, research fellow of the IFS, told the Daily Telegraph: “One reason [to explain the findings] might be that ethnic minority families have higher aspirations for their children [than those of white British children].”

She added poor white British children in particular “are being left behind because they are substantially less likely to go to university”.
The figures showed that a mere 13 per cent of the poorest white British children go to university compared to 53 per cent of the poorest British Indian and 30 per cent of the poorest Black Caribbean children.

In contrast, 55 per cent of the richest white British children attend university. Still, Chinese pupils in the lowest socio-economic group are, on average, more than 10 percentage points more likely to go to university than white British pupils in the highest socio-economic group.

Researchers said that while large numbers of white British students get a place at university, it is the proportion of students from an ethnic minority background studying that is higher than the proportion of white British students going on to higher education.

read more here

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
exam-mess_2079141b.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, rob666
Old 11-11-2015, 06:08 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008
Re: Study: Whites Least Likely Ethnicity to Attend University

yeah....but the whites that do go are more likely to actually finish their studies...

my mum works at a university in SA and she says the whites are totally outnumbered in their first year classes but by the ends of their studies they outnumber the rest...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Desensitisation
Old 11-11-2015, 08:46 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
m

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

i find it interesting and pretty fucking insulting that they are allowed to do a racial profiling survey like this AND publish the results when they are not allowed to do the same for crime stats

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Illusion, K9Grip, morbid75
Old 11-14-2015, 04:02 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

In the U.S., I personally know an illegal immigrant from mexico who got a scholarship to college and gets about $15,000 per year on top of it to live off of. I THINK he is supposed to pay part of that back, but not sure. It doesn't matter at any rate since he stiffs people he owes on $20 debts, etc. So it's not hard to see how it will turn out if he is supposed to repay part of the debt.

He lives with his parents and does quiet well for himself. FAR better than I am doing myself and I was born and raised here (am white) and NEVER had a chance to go to college. We didn't even know what a scholarship was when I was growing up, lol.

This guy is basically a street thug and has family in prison who he brags about and actually said it would be cool to get prison time so he could be with them. And he has came close a couple of times to getting his wish on that one, but has somehow lucked his way through the court system (at tax payers expense).

So Britain isn't the only country with this problem. Whites are constantly being pushed further down in the name of "equality". It's considered racist to even suggest that whites are being persecuted.

To stand up for whites right now will get you labeled a natzi, kkk, etc. Yet standing up for pretty much anyone else from blacks, gays, to women is considered justice. The whole fucking world is insane right now and there is not even a glimmer of hope that it's going to change anytime soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
dragonhalf13570
Old 11-14-2015, 04:23 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

By the way, as I was telling someone just the other day. If I were going in to apply for a job somewhere and there were 3 people sitting in line to apply, a black guy, a gay guy and a female, I would just turn around and leave knowing that I didn't stand a chance in fucking hell of getting the job.

It would be considered prejudice to hire me instead of them. NO MATTER how much I qualify and how little they qualify. Keep in mind this is done in the interest of "equal rights". It is so infuriating that the thing they call equal is the VERY thing that is making it more unequal than ever!

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
dragonhalf13570
Old 11-15-2015, 02:15 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
m

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8008

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
By the way, as I was telling someone just the other day. If I were going in to apply for a job somewhere and there were 3 people sitting in line to apply, a black guy, a gay guy and a female, I would just turn around and leave knowing that I didn't stand a chance in fucking hell of getting the job.

It would be considered prejudice to hire me instead of them. NO MATTER how much I qualify and how little they qualify. Keep in mind this is done in the interest of "equal rights". It is so infuriating that the thing they call equal is the VERY thing that is making it more unequal than ever!
you're preaching to the choir here

The Following User Says Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
dragonhalf13570
Old 11-15-2015, 02:17 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
you're preaching to the choir hear
Lol. Yeah, I know. But I always try to reply as if there are some people reading who have no clue. And honestly, there usually are several.

What? This isn't ebonics class? I'm in the wrong room, sorry, I'm taken my .... livesmatter poster and leafun! Don't ax me nuttin else! Lol.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
commondenom, Oswald2001
Old 11-17-2015, 06:13 AM
twayblade
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:392
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1840

Race aside, YOU are the one who chooses whether or not you go to school. Stop whining and blaming others, it is your choice and only you are responsible for what you accomplish in life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twayblade For This Useful Post:
bigjoe, Wildrice
Old 11-17-2015, 09:58 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by twayblade View Post
Race aside, YOU are the one who chooses whether or not you go to school. Stop whining and blaming others, it is your choice and only you are responsible for what you accomplish in life.
Actually that is NOT true by any stretch of the imagination. I had no chance or options to attend college myself nor did literally 99% of the people I knew and grew up with.

Quiet simply, our families didn't have the money to send us. You have to remember that these scholarships that are being handed out left and right now or the student loans which are pretty much guaranteed and are now starting to be "forgiven" were not an option until the past few years.

People such as myself who are older, if we had heard the word scholarship when we were coming up, we would have thought it was a cruise "ship" that "scholars" rode on! Lol.

As far as minorities, for at least the last 20 years, they have had easier access to college than whites. Right now a white guy for instance wouldn't stand a chance getting a job if there was a black guy, a gay guy and a woman applying beside him. That is also true when it comes to getting into college.

Can you imagine the accusations and fallout if he did get the job? Even if he qualifies 50 times more than the other applicants, it doesn't matter.

Another STATISTICAL fact is that roughly 2 whites are killed by police to every black person. But you don't hear about that fact do you?

It doesn't fit into the propaganda that is being shoveled upon us daily. For those who wonder why or how so called minorities have so much power or can do what they are doing, it's VERY simple.

The REAL truth is that they are so much the minority as it is portrayed. Again, statistical fact here, whites will be the smallest minority out of the big 3 (blacks and hispanics) in roughly 20 years time. It's not hard to see why.

I live in a border state and call tell you that is a die hard fact that mexicans are popping out babies like it's a goddamn competition to see who can out breed who. Even jokes are made by mexicans about the size of their families, etc. There are very easy ways to verify that if anyone reading this is in denial.

Truly, I would have to say that what I said here is indisputable, but of course many people will say it's not true. But then again there is still a group of several thousands if not millions of people who still believe the world is flat (look it up if you don't believe me). So you can't convince everyone no matter how obvious it is.

And last, but not least, perhaps there is one part that is the fault of whites. That is we have allowed this to happen. I don't mean we should have held minorities, down, but we damn sure should have held our own people up higher.

I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen a white person give something to or give an opportunity to a minority over another white person JUST so they wouldn't look prejudice. Even though the minority person was a piece of shit or didn't deserve it.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT labeling all of any race the same, I'm just saying, things like this are a major problem.