Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683
Re: Study Reveals Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
what a crock of bullshit. why not just say 'i didnt fuckin read the study' instead of trying to pretend using assumptions from an article (one that can be found on Infowars, no less)?

jesus....you didnt think that maybe i picked them as they were the most obvious example? they are all AP wire sources that get their stories from one source and manipulate it as they see fit. this isnt news.....like i said, this may be shocking to you but it's platitudes to most of the rest of us. i didnt list every major news organization because i gravelly assumed that even you would be able to understand that it was an intentionally incomplete listing. my bad.

that comment is just sad.
You are sad. You just refuse to open your mind to the bias. As you probably don't recognize bias. As proof by your attacking of fox.

You think the one conservative network isn't important? How else is the public to be informed on things the Liberal media ignore, or tell half the story?
You have a very closed mind, you like the media bias, it cosigns your beliefs. Fox is no more bias than ABC, or the New York Times.

I'm sure you'd have a lot different tune if all the networks leaned right. That's corroborated by your attacks on Fox news. But since the majority is leaning left, you don't have a problem or even see the bias.

Honestly, now I'm questioning if you even have the ability to spot bias. Because you have to be well informed to spot it in many cases. And if you only look to liberal voices to get information, it's impossible to know what's being unfairly portrayed. Because you can't know what is being misrepresented unless you seek news from both sides.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
hal0mega
Old 03-19-2015, 01:34 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
hal0mega
Old 03-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You are sad. You just refuse to open your mind to the bias. As you probably don't recognize bias. As proof by your attacking of fox.

You think the one conservative network isn't important? How else is the public to be informed on things the Liberal media ignore, or tell half the story?
You have a very closed mind, you like the media bias, it cosigns your beliefs. Fox is no more bias than ABC, or the New York Times.

I'm sure you'd have a lot different tune if all the networks leaned right. That's corroborated by your attacks on Fox news. But since the majority is leaning left, you don't have a problem or even see the bias.

Honestly, now I'm questioning if you even have the ability to spot bias. Because you have to be well informed to spot it in many cases. And if you only look to liberal voices to get information, it's impossible to know what's being unfairly portrayed. Because you can't know what is being misrepresented unless you seek news from both sides.
how retarded are you? i not only said that there was a bias, i said that the totality of the US media is a joke. that you pointing out the bias was just stating a platitude ( Platitude: "a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful" )...in other words, this isnt news. if you watch US media at all, you are watching only Associated Press sources...you are getting your news from one source (the same source as every other us media outlet) and the individual corporations put their slant on it.

to pretend it's anything more or less is to not understand the nature of our media. i cant put it in a more simple term for you. to say something as dumb as:

Quote:
You just refuse to open your mind to the bias. As you probably don't recognize bias. As proof by your attacking of fox.
....shows that you dont actually understand the argument being presented to you. a common trend with you. i not only confirmed that there was indeed a media bias and that the study confirmed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
as for media bias.... the study says it's a slight one

...but i also attacked the totality of the media and their lack of substance, not just Fox. Fox happens to be at the bottom of the barrel. you only notice the negative shit i say when it's in regard to Fox because of your particular love for them. to me, they are all the same. so try taking the conservative dick out of your mouth before you speak next time...or, perhaps, try to understand the argument you are trying to disagree with.

hal0mega, Mr Poo, nyazzip, rob666
Old 03-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, Kanda444, nyazzip, rob666
Old 03-22-2015, 06:44 AM
nikola
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1015
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss417

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
@pravdaru 3-17-15

A sweeping study of some 130,213 news articles on the 2012 presidential election between President Obama and Mitt Romney has proven anew that there was a strong pro-Democratic bias in the U.S. and international press.

The study, published in the authoritative journal*

"The 2012 elections saw an 'issue trespassing' strategy with President Obama taking the initiative on the economy," found the survey of stories produced by 719 U.S. and international outlets.

The survey used a technical language processing analysis to filter all the stories, and found that Obama was portrayed as an attack dog and Romney on defense. Key was Obama's ability to "own" the economic message despite Romney's repeated assaults and the public's general view that the GOP handles the economy better.

"Overall, media reporting contained more frequently positive statements about the Democrats than the Republicans. Overall, the Republicans were more frequently the object of negative statements," wrote the study authors, Their conclusion: "The Republican Party is the most divisive subject in the campaign, and is portrayed in a more negative fashion than the Democrats."
Considering how much you hate russians, its ironic that you take this news from pravda.ru. Blaming Obamas immigration policy for your loud mexican neighbours and Putin for everything else, when the only one to blame for your shitty life is yourself, you lazy redneck. For anti-obama news, browses pravda.ru, for anti-putin news watches fox. If you took the head out of your ass you would know that your media is so far from objective that it doesn't even resemble journalism.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikola For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, rob666
Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043

Nik Nik-they are all biased in one way or another.

The Following User Says Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Kanda444