Go Back  

Students Suspended After Wrestling Away a Loaded Gun from Another Student on a Bus 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss61129
Students Suspended After Wrestling Away a Loaded Gun from Another Student on a Bus

Quote:
A 16-year-old Cypress Lake High, Florida student in Fort Myers wrestled a loaded .22 caliber gun away from another teen on the schoolbus ride home this week and was slapped with a suspension in return.

The student told there was "no doubt" he saved a life after grappling for the revolver being aimed point-blank at another student on Tuesday.

"I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there," said the suspended student, not identified, because of safety concerns. "Not taking no pity."

The student said the suspect, a football player, threatened to shoot a teammate because he had been arguing with his friend.

Authorities confirmed the gun was indeed loaded, and the arrest report stated the suspect, identified as Quadryle Davis, was "pointing the gun directly" at the other student and "threatening to shoot him."

That's when, the 16 year-old teenager and 2 others on the bus tackled the suspect and wrestled the gun away. The next day, all 3 were suspended.

"How they going to suspend me for doing the right thing?" he asked.

The school's referral slip said he was given an "emergency suspension" for being involved in an "incident" with a weapon.

Lee County School District spokesman Alberto Rodriguez said in a statement that "If there is a potentially dangerous situation, Florida law allows the principal to suspend a student immediately pending a hearing."

"Those kids had to fight for their lives," the mother of the suspended teen said. "All the kids that was involved in this they should have a pat on their backs because they did the right thing to save someone from burying their child."

The suspended teen is allowed to go back to school Monday.

Meanwhile, the student accused of pointing the weapon has been charged only with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon "without intent" to kill.

The sheriff's office said the investigation is ongoing and that the charges are "based on our findings at this time."

The bus camera wasn't working properly at that time so investigators can only work with what witnesses saw.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Students Suspended After Wrestling Away a Loaded Gun from Another Student on a Bu

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
CuriousOne, Insideoutbodies, juliemd, winvens
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Students Suspended After Wrestling Away a Loaded Gun from Another Student on a Bu

Im sure its just a procedure thing while they investigate and tick off all the boxes they need. Might be a good idea to keep their head down for a few days after a incident like this just incase a mate of the pussy with a gun turns up. Good on them risking their lives for a classmate

Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
thissmallfish
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:934
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss478

Could also be for fear of reprisals. I think this might be one instance where there was actually some logic to the decision.

Kanda444, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By thissmallfish:
johnleeknoefler
Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by thissmallfish View Post
Could also be for fear of reprisals. I think this might be one instance where there was actually some logic to the decision.
What kinda fucking logic is this? Suspend victims of a crime who saved lives and disarmed a maniac? Give em a fucking medal and move on. Fucking bullshit!!!! No fucking logic whatsoever!

The Following Users Disliked This Post By johnleeknoefler:
thissmallfish
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3653

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
What kinda fucking logic is this? Suspend victims of a crime who saved lives and disarmed a maniac? Give em a fucking medal and move on. Fucking bullshit!!!! No fucking logic whatsoever!
You suspend the CHILDREN from the school in order to cover your ass legally.

You cannot just say "you cant come in tomorrow" and hope for the best.

If an incident were to occur on school grounds and no legal paper was signed off (the suspension) to keep them off the property, you'll be looking at a hefty law suit.

Thats the reason why they were suspended. If the school wanted to get rid of them, they'd expel them.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
thissmallfish
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:934
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss478

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
Ah, I forgot dumbass cuntservatives infest this board... Take your time and right down each letter as you say it. You might get the message better.

I f h e ' s n o t a t s c h o o l, h e ' s l e s s l i k e l y t o b e t h e t a r g e t o f r e p r i s a l a t t a c k s

-clearer?

Kanda444, Ksiegmund
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Insideoutbodies
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:709

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss744

only in america

Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20100 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss49333

they had to suspend him..... im sure that football players friends werent too please watching their boy get in trouble. they probably suspended him for his own protection! where i grew up, it doesnt matter what you did... if you got a person in trouble, you were at high risk of getting your ass kicked by that person's friends, even if you did the right thing.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12566

Those kids should all be rewarded and the nutcase with the gun should be charged with attempted murder.