Go Back  

Student, 16, Left Twenty Injured, Five Critically, After Stabbing Spree. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 04-09-2014, 05:25 PM
ghostxtiger
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2674
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss93
Student, 16, Left Twenty Injured, Five Critically, After Stabbing Spree.

Twenty people have been injured - five with life-threatening wounds - in a stabbing spree Wednesday morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pennsylvania.

Murrysville police chief Thomas Seefeld confirmed a 16-year-old male student is in custody, and CBS Pittsburgh later identified the suspect as Alex Hribal. The teen was photographed being driven from the police station to a nearby hospital for medical treatment just before 10:30a.m.

In a morning press conference, Seefled revealed an assistant principal wrestled the suspect to the ground after he ran through multiple classrooms and hallways brandishing two knives.

Four of the victims were airlifted to hospital and at least three of those are still in critical condition, according to Westmoreland County emergency management and hospital officials.

Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville and five other hospitals were treating patients.

The majority of victims are 14-17 year old students though one adult - a male security guard - suffered a stomach wound, Seefeld confirmed.

Police were called to the school by a resource officer at 7:13 a.m. - about 15 minutes after the school doors opened for the day. One witness told NBC News that he saw 'blood all over the floor.'

A witness told KDKA the stabbings happened in the science wing of the building in multiple class rooms and hallways. Many students were not yet on campus and were alerted to the emergency while on the school bus.
The school resource officer who called 911, also a Murrysville police officer, then handcuffed the suspect and awaited backup. Neither adults were harmed, however a security guard was stabbed in the abdomen, Seefeld said.

He added of the school grounds: 'It was a chaotic scene outside with people running everywhere.'

Seefeld also said investigators were looking into claims that a threatening phone call was made between Hribal and a fellow student the night before the attack. This has not been confirmed.

Another hero has been identified - a young girl who applied pressure to her friend who was seriously injured. Her name is not yet known.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostxtiger For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, Megamel29, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head, TwistedSisterr
Old 04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Pie
Offline:
العضو التناسلي النسوي
Poster Rank:261
Too cool for Genetalia

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3177
Re: Student, 16, Left Twenty Injured, Five Critically, After Stabbing Spree.

You know you well and truly fail at life when you stab 20 people with 2 knives and don't manage to kill even 1 of them

chefbob09, Kinky_John, Olivia, Paupercool1, Xfactor
Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 PM
ghostxtiger
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss93

Five people have life threatening injuries so he might have.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostxtiger View Post
Five people have life threatening injuries so he might have.
This. Takes longer then you would think to die with medical care. A guy at the school I went to stabbed his mate at the bus stop. Three times in the stomach, twice in the neck and a few times in the back, he didnt die for nearly a day IIRC. Good luck to the injured

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 04-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

Allow me to do the proper posting you should have.

Quote:
Twenty people have been injured - five with life-threatening wounds - in a stabbing spree Wednesday morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pennsylvania.

Murrysville police chief Thomas Seefeld confirmed a 16-year-old male student is in custody, and CBS Pittsburgh later identified the suspect as Alex Hribal. The teen was photographed being driven from the police station to a nearby hospital for medical treatment just before 10:30a.m.

In a morning press conference, Seefled revealed an assistant principal wrestled the suspect to the ground after he ran through multiple classrooms and hallways brandishing two knives.

Four of the victims were airlifted to hospital and at least three of those are still in critical condition, according to Westmoreland County emergency management and hospital officials.

Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville and five other hospitals were treating patients.

The majority of victims are 14-17 year old students though one adult - a male security guard - suffered a stomach wound, Seefeld confirmed.

Police were called to the school by a resource officer at 7:13 a.m. - about 15 minutes after the school doors opened for the day. One witness told NBC News that he saw 'blood all over the floor.'

A witness told KDKA the stabbings happened in the science wing of the building in multiple class rooms and hallways. Many students were not yet on campus and were alerted to the emergency while on the school bus.
The school resource officer who called 911, also a Murrysville police officer, then handcuffed the suspect and awaited backup. Neither adults were harmed, however a security guard was stabbed in the abdomen, Seefeld said.

He added of the school grounds: 'It was a chaotic scene outside with people running everywhere.'

Seefeld also said investigators were looking into claims that a threatening phone call was made between Hribal and a fellow student the night before the attack. This has not been confirmed.

Another hero has been identified - a young girl who applied pressure to her friend who was seriously injured. Her name is not yet known.
PS3 won't let me post pictures.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 PM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8009

it's a good thing they're clamping down on guns in the states then...seems to be working

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, daughterofthenight, Froctopus
Old 04-09-2014, 06:17 PM
ghostxtiger
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Allow me to do the proper posting you should have.

PS3 won't let me post pictures.

there XD

Old 04-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21517 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37823

WE MUST BAN ALL KNIVES!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, daughterofthenight, MadCore, Pyramid_Head
Old 04-09-2014, 07:43 PM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:356
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
WE MUST BAN ALL KNIVES!
No, everyone should carry knives. Remember, only a good guy with a knife can stop a bad guy with a knife!

Old 04-10-2014, 04:37 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrama View Post
No, everyone should carry knives. Remember, only a good guy with a knife can stop a bad guy with a knife!
just when I thought I've seen the height of stupidity you come along.

The Following User Says Thank You to chefbob09 For This Useful Post:
DannyDrama