Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Stranded Sheep to Disembark in SA

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/australia/site/player.swf?vid=26291250&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI= hide"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=26291250&repeat=0&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/australia/site/player.swf?vid=26291250&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI= hide" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=26291250&repeat=0&"></embed></object></div>

The 67,000 sheep stranded at Port Adelaide will be offloaded from a broken-down export ship over the next few days, South Australia's Agriculture Minister Michael O'Brien says.

The Al Messilah, bound for Qatar, returned to Port Adelaide on Friday after mechanical failure, and the sheep remain despite aboard protests from animal welfare groups.

Mr O'Brien says some sheep have died, but the ventilation and watering systems on the Kuwaiti-flagged ship are still operational, and three Australian vets say the standard of welfare for the animals was extremely high.

The Federal Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry has already reported 201 sheep have died while on board.

The owners of the ship and the sheep are en route to Adelaide, but the vessel cannot be repaired without being drydocked, so the sheep will be offloaded.

"We expect disembarkment within 24 to 48 hours," Mr O'Brien said.

It will take three days to move the sheep to pens north of Adelaide, when they will become South Australia's responsibility - although the owner will have to foot the bills.

They will be loaded onto another ship or slaughtered for domestic consumption.

The ship's breakdown comes amid controversy over live animal exports after images showing cruel treatment of cattle sent to Indonesia were broadcast on Australian TV.

Mr O'Brien wants to see a protocol introduced for the live sheep trade similar to one developed for the live cattle trade to Indonesia.

That would give Australian complete control over the supply chain up until slaughter.

RSPCA Australia chief executive Heather Neil said the incident highlighted the inherent risks in transporting animals over such vast distances by sea.

"Even if this ship was to depart today, these sheep face nearly a month on this vessel heading into the extremes of the Middle East summer," she said.

"Both the exporter and government know that the longer the voyage, the higher the deaths and suffering.

Mr O'Brien said he did not know why an RSPCA inspector had been refused permission to inspect the sheep.

"I can't see there is any real justification for a bona fide organisation like the RSPCA from being prevented from accessing any facility that deals with animals," Mr O'Brien said.

He said there were community concerns about the smell and possible effluent emanating from the vessel.

"But I have not been informed that there is any spillage into the port and I have had my office contact environmental agencies, and to date they have not come back to me with any concerns."

Federal parliament will vote this week on bills to ban the live export trade.

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/australia/site/player.swf?vid=26312030&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI= hide"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=26312030&repeat=0&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/australia/site/player.swf?vid=26312030&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI= hide" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=26312030&repeat=0&"></embed></object></div>

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
PoetsOfTheFall
Offline:
℃я@їℊ‷﹩**ℓ☺ ♥℮
Poster Rank:54
female

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 6577 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16633
Re: Stranded Sheep to Disembark in SA

Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

We've had a lot of problems with live export animals, there is currently a campaign to have it stopped. Years ago Saudi Arabia bought a shipload of sheep from us, when the ship got to their port they left the sheep on the boat to die. The latest problem we had was with Indonesia, they were punching and kicking the cattle while they off loaded them from the ship and some of the workers used metal bars to break the cows legs before they were killed. All of this was captured on film and shown to us on the news.
I want to see all live exports stopped and i don't give a flying fuck what it does to the export trade. Sometimes i get carried away and suggest painful torture methods to be used on certain criminal types, but in reality i don't believe there is any justification for any sentient living creature to be tortured before its death. And for the record i think all of the current slaughter methods, including halal, is barbaric.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Cancun78, gatagato
Old 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss5490

This happens because animals can't speak, sheeps are too weak to fight back and humans are too evil and cowards. That boat is very well known, in 2006 a report documented the unbelievable conditions these poor animals were being carried: they were even unable to stand up for the whole duration of the travel, and almost all of them suffered from infections affecting their eyes.
http://www.animals-angels.org/index....events:page=17

And someone still wonder why i feel bad whenever i see animal cruelty while i don't give a shit whenever i see human gore

Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
And someone still wonder why i feel bad whenever i see animal cruelty while i don't give a shit whenever i see human gore
I know exactly how you feel. When i see a dead animal, i hope it died quick and didn't suffer for too long. I saw a thread in the death section about women that hung themselves and i sort of felt sorry for them. I believe this is because i like women a lot more than i like men, but who really knows?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

Disgusting but nothing new under the sun app.