Poster Rank:657

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834
Re: St. Louis Riots After Cop Kills Unarmed Teen

For me, and from what I'm reading from a lot of people as well, this whole thing is just furthering the stereotype that blacks, especially those from low-income communities, have attached to themselves. When you act uncivilized, you get treated as uncivilized. If they had just kept it to protesting, and making a point with spreading the story without the riots, this story would be viewed in a much higher light. However, I'm not sure it would have gained national headlines without the rioting.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Hugh Jorgen
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5255

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjackass318 View Post

DORIAN JOHNSON'S VERSION:

he didn’t get out the car, he just reached his arm out the window and grabbed my friend around his neck and … as he was trying to choke my friend, he was trying to get away, and the officer then reached out and he grabbed his arm to pull him into the car. … His weapon was drawn and he said, ‘I’ll shoot you’ or ‘I’m going to shoot,’ and in the same moment the first shot went off.
A three armed cop ... Cool

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugh Jorgen For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle, TheUrinator
Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 PM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:349
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss2122

Fight the power, do the right thing

Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1929

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjojackson View Post
Fight the power, do the right thing
Thank you, Radio Raheem.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:33 PM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181

Update:

Protesters, police again facing off in Ferguson

A march down West Florissant Avenue from Chambers Road ended at the corner of Canfield Drive, not far from where Michael Brown was shot.

A crowd of about 100 people congregated at the corner. They were surrounded on three sides by police who were keeping their distance.
Pictures:

Many were calmly repeating the now-familiar chant, "No justice, no peace."

Among them, a group of about seven young men were angrily yelling and demanding that police officials release the name of the police officer who shot Michael Brown.

Later three armored vehicles approached the crowd, which had been largely quiet and peaceful. Some members of the crowd grew agitated.

One of the armored trucks had a St. Louis County police officer on top of it with a long rifle on a tripod.

The two other trucks arrived with about 6 officers in military fatigues hanging off the sides of both armored vehicles. The officers got off the trucks and were on the street. They appeared to be carrying rifles.

A police official said they brought in the armored vehicles because the crowd was supposed to disperse at 5:30 p.m. to open up the road to traffic.

A line of 20 St. Louis County and Ferguson police officers faced an agitated crowd as the 6 o'clock hour neared.

Police at one point conferred with the Rev. Rev. Spencer Lamar Booker of St. Paul AME Church, the organizer of the clergy-led parade, where demonstrators have been gathering throughout the day.

The conversation ended with Booker announcing “the parade is over. Let's all move on now.”

It proved easier said than done as the crowd hurled insults at officers .

One young man shouted, “We're not dogs, so what the hell you've got those whipping sticks for? Because you want to whip us like dogs.”

A huge man in a muscle t-shirt, jeans and a Ralph Lauren cap pointed a finger at an officer and warned, “If I'm going to go, I'm taking one of you with me.”

A St. Louis County tactical operations armored vehicle blocked the intersection horizontally at that very moment. Police protected by body armor sat atop the vehicle and methodically fit 40-caliber automatic weapons into tripods and trained them on crowd.

“You are being ordered to leave now!” an officer annunced through a public address system. “If you don't leave peacefully there will be arrests.”

The crowd initially ignored the demand but later began to disperse.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
53ebfa9199610.preview-620.jpg  

53ebfa922463c.preview-620.jpg  

53eb5c60e0b26.preview-620.jpg  

53ebde9339aef.preview-620.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bdjackass318 For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, FunkPumpkin, gatagato, Pigeon
Old 08-13-2014, 11:47 PM
infidel66687
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:975
male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss450

This is walking distance from where I live.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infidel66687 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, Pigeon
Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 PM
infidel66687
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:975
male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss450

Co-worker of mine got busted for looting.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Screenshot_2014-08-12-19-10-51.png  

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to infidel66687 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, BigFoot, gatagato, K9Grip, katzmeow, Oswald2001, Pigeon, rapeWhistle
Old 08-14-2014, 12:36 AM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel66687 View Post
Co-worker of mine got busted for looting.
Armored vehicles to me just seems like a bit too much. . And them fuckers coming dressed in military fatigues locked and loaded with automatic rifles is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
I'm sure you'd feel the same way if rioters burned down your house and beat you to death because they were unhappy with the actions of the Police Dept.
It's easy to say that rioting is no big deal when it's 2000miles away. I swear, fucking Hollywood types blow whichever way the politically correct breeze is going. By your logic it should be ok for lynchings to take place if the level of community outrage is high enough - i mean, who can trust the justice system to serve justice? Better to just drag a suspect to the nearest tall tree and string them up... screw trials or waiting around - we're upset now!!
Rape, you're either clueless or have completely misconstrued my point-of-view. Either way, I owe you nothing in the way of explanation, just clarification.

First off, I'm not supporting rioters or looters, I merely stated that civil protests aren't exactly known to effect rapid change and like it or not , anger is part if human nature and many simply don't give shit and are taking advantage of the opportunity to grab free stuff I'm not defending it or saying these people deserve a pass, just stating a belief, making a rather obvious observation.

As for being 2000 miles away, I lived and worked in LA during the Rodney King riots and saw many business affected by the looting, fires and other criminal acts including assaults and murder. I certainly didn't support those actions and I'm hardly supporting these. Oh course I'd be pissed if I was directly affected, where did I say those affected by these acts shouldn't be pissed? What I said was these police killings need to stop, we're only going to get more rioting of this kind if they continue. Do you really think most people, irrespective of color believe the authorities will conduct an open and honest investigation? Please...remember Kelly Thomas? How'd that turn out? Yeah, trust in the authorities is at an all time high, ain't it? I'll bet you trust all the cops, right?

Now, if you're interested in some open dialog about this, great, let's have at it...or do you simply prefer being a reactionary asshole who jumps to conclusions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 PM
katzmeow
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:368
Contributions: 57

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2008
Ferguson Police Say Michael Brown Was Suspect in Robbery

Now the truth can come out about this! Not that I think the kid should have been shot to death, but shows he was not as innocent as people are making him out to be. Also, how stupid these KIDS look riding down the road like their in a parade or something....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/15...bbery-suspect/

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to katzmeow For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001