Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss10534
Re: St. Louis Riots After Cop Kills Unarmed Teen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmine View Post
u might be surprised that most people, from an experienced fire arm expert to a novice will tell u at the moment deadly force is used.... they have no idea just how many times u squeeze them off
If you have anyone attacking you, especially a big bruiser, you keep firing until the threat is neutralized.

It often takes more time than people think to stop a human body even if the first shot is proved to be - eventually - fatal.

The best policy is to keep firing into body center mass until the attacker hits the ground.

Then 2 in the head as 'security rounds'.

In this case, it appears that Brown just kept coming.

An attacker's adrenaline can last long enough for him to kill a cop even though the attacker has sustained mortal wounds.

It has happened plenty of times.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
deanmine, Kelseecat65
Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinhwangtikatang View Post
I agree, that article is biased. It is however not MY article. Therefore your bullshit statement is irrelevent and pointless, merely higthlighting your ignorance and lack of focus. You are a disgusting bigot.
You posted a Imo racist article, one meant to inflame and incite. I on the other hand have not posted 1 racist or inflammatory thing.
I think it's clear which of us has a Real problem with race.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, teacherof2
The Following Users Disliked This Post By niknik:
winvens
Old 08-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Mr Black.
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:4137

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Not necessarily.

MOST hollow points never expand.

They will only expand if hitting something hard like a large enough piece of bone.

Generally, in real life shooting, they do the same damage as a FMJ round.

Well I disagree with your last statement. How many exit wounds were found on Mr. Brown's body? I think the autopsy showed 1 exit wound. The fmj would have pierced/ricocheted right though his body as opposed to the jhp, which stopped inside Micheal Brown.

Because each jhp bullet does more damage, you can stop the attacker more quickly. When the attacker stops quickly, you are less likely to be injured. So hollowpoint bullets are better for self defense.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:41 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I think he went for the body first in hopes he would stop coming towards him. And when he didn't he went for the killing.
Maybe, if that's what happened.
You're implying motive, which is typical of people who have never had lethal-force training.

The motivation is to stop the attack. If the attacker dies as a result of the stopping force, that is an unintended consequence of stopping the attack using lethal force.

Untrained individuals "shoot to kill". Trained individuals "shoot to stop the attack" and stop when the lethal threat has been removed. The former demonstrates a preformed intent that should never be represented by a trained individual.

(And no, that's not just a nuance or word-polishing. It's called training. Cops have it. Military has it. Even a solid number of self-motivated civilians have it.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
adhartz, winvens
Old 08-20-2014, 11:42 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmine View Post
id imagine a glock, having never shot one would be a much softer, more sensitive trigger than the revolvers...
Then your understanding of handguns is as sketchy as your grammar, DM.

"Softer" and "Sensitivity" are what makes one cry to "Beaches". "Reduced-trigger pull strength" (hereafter RTPS) is a more-accurate term. RTPS is something that is typically talked about with customized revolvers, but can be accomplished on a Glock by installing modified factory parts. But that's merely academic, as customized *anything* is prohibited in every police force I've encountered. And even if you were exclusively referring to modern, double-action revolvers, by cocking the trigger (thereby rendering the revolver a single-action pistol, just like the Old West revolvers), you make them have less RTPS than a standard Glock pistol.

Whenever you hear the news-entertainment biz say "accidental discharge", it means that some stupid fucker "pulled the trigger" and is blaming their negligence on the gun. If 8 shots were fired at the Big Brown Perp, then you can bet your sweet ass that the trigger was pulled 8 times.

And before anyone says that the cop "emptied his pistol", the Glock 22 (the full-sized .40S&W that he likely carried) magazine has a 15+1 round capacity. But even if it was the Glock 21 (.45ACP), its magazine holds 13+1 rounds. 9mm you say? That's the Glock 17 with 17+1 round capacity.

(And don't call it a clip. That's what K98 Mauser and M1 Garand rifles use. Almost everything else is a magazine. ;) )

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
adhartz, deanmine, gatagato, GG57, Metal Mike, rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity Longevity
6/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1928

And, IMO, Gubner Jeremiah Nixon's days are numbered. A lot of folks here in MO are plenty pissed about his pandering to the protesters. If he doesn't straighten-up and get back closer-to-center, this could go poorly for him come the next election.

He's making comments ahead of the investigative results, which rarely works out well for politicians.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, Kelseecat65, teacherof2, winvens
Old 08-20-2014, 12:04 PM
GG57
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:674
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss794

I guess I shouldn't be, but I am amazed at the number of people who want charges pressed against the police officer NOW. They do not seem to understand that the procedure can be painfully slow while an investigation takes place.

It is sad that a person was killed. However, it takes time to gather all the information. Michael Brown may have been unjustifiably shot or it may have been a justifiable shooting.

Justice goes both ways: For the victim and the police officer. If Michael Brown is found to have been shot unjustifiably, then the process for charges can be pursued. It could have also been a justifiable shooting that exonerates the police officer.

There is not enough information at this point.

I am beginning to think that the US needs a national police force like the RCMP in Canada. Get rid of all the piddly, local police forces and have one where there are uniform/consistent codes and practices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GG57 For This Useful Post:
adhartz, Kelseecat65, winvens
Old 08-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG57 View Post
I am amazed at the number of people who want charges pressed against the police officer NOW
It truly is maddening watching this unfold and listening to the ridiculous "demands" from "leaders of the Black Community"

Every single person that is shown on the news demands the officer be arrested. They use the comparison that if a black youth killed someone, they would be in jail awaiting trial.

This is far different than a random killing of someone on the street. This is a police officer, doing his job. I highly doubt he woke up that morning and said "I'm going to kill a black teen today" Yet, this is the mentality of the majority of the people that are ranting on about "arrest him now".

I'm SO GLAD the officer has orbital eye damage. That shows that MB reached into that car window and punched the officer. Contrary to what what the witness said. Once an officer is assaulted, that gives him a legal reason to pursue and arrest the person.

Once he said freeze, and MB bum rushed him that gave the officer a right to defend himself, as he felt threatened.

After seeing that kid man handle the store clerk, there is no doubt that he was amped up and was ready for a fight.

I'm also tired of hearing about the "lack of black officers" that are on the PD. Becoming a police officer is not as simple as filling out an application.

There is an oral exam/interview, a physical agility test, there are psychological tests, a high school diploma is required and in some cases, a college degree. One must be drug free and have no criminal record. One must have a good job record as well as references.

It is a long process and let's be honest, any of the men who led the lifestyle that MB did, would not qualify. It's not a racial thing, it's finding the person who meets all the requirements.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
adhartz, gatagato, GG57, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle, teacherof2
Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 PM
katzmeow
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:368
Contributions: 57

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2008
Officer Darren Wilson Suffered “Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket”

The Gateway Pundit can now confirm from two local St. Louis sources that police Officer Darren Wilson suffered facial fractures during his confrontation with deceased 18 year-old Michael Brown. Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the shooting death of Brown. This was after Michael Brown and his accomplice Dorian Johnson robbed a local Ferguson convenience store.
Local St. Louis sources said Wilson suffered an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.” This comes from a source within the Prosecuting Attorney’s office and confirmed by the St. Louis County Police.
A blowout fracture is a fracture of one or more of the bones surrounding the eye and is commonly referred to as an orbital floor fracture. (AAPOS)
This comes after St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter tweeted out last night that a dozen local witnesses confirmed Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson’s version of the Brown shooting story.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
xcranial-_jpg_pagespeed_ic_C_KRI12tTb.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katzmeow For This Useful Post:
adhartz, BigFoot, Kelseecat65
Old 08-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)