Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615
Re: St. Louis Riots After Cop Kills Unarmed Teen

It will be interesting to see if they find any of MB's fingerprints on the officers gun.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle
Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
Uh, actually, If the guy's running away, even after an alleged assault, stops and puts his hands up (even once he's been shot) and said cop administers a coup de grâce on him, I'd like to see the chapter and verse of the law that allows that...

Or is that just another one of those laws that exists your mind?
Trying to take a cops gun authorizes the use of deadly force. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a real possibility. And while committing a felony and trying to secure a weapon by force from a law enforcement officer gives the officer authority to use deadly force. And if he deems the assailant as a threat to anyone if he escapes. Deadly force is justified to prevent escape.
There's many different versions of what happened. Today I watched a video that was reportedly of a witness saying Brown was running towards the officer when the deadly shot was fired.
Most everyone knows this law. You're assuming he was giving up. But if he did go for the gun, and did assault the officer. And ran away. Stopped and was returning towards the officer, even with his hands up. Deadly force can be used.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
Ah, here's our nik again...I know where I am, I'm simply responding to your childish rhetoric...oh and thanks for your disturbing preoccupation with my genitalia and gender but you should really focus on your own, no one else will...

I'm simply repeating what the Ferguson Chief of Police said, which was that the cop DID NOT know that Brown had stolen the cigars...we'll see if that story changes skippy. And if he's a thug it's interesting that he has no record not that in and of itself would justify his shooting...

Sorry to burst your little bubble nik, I didn't say I believed or didn't believe anyone, not all the facts are in...but so far one allegation appears to lack any contradiction and that is that Brown had his hands up at one point and was shot down by this cop...

Once again, I'm not defending this guy or the riots, but I'm not defending the either cop because if the initial report is true, that Brown was 'hands up' surrendering, shooting him to death ain't gonna fly and this cop's career is hanging by a thread.

Of course, you're willing to ignore all that because...he's a thug (with no record), a thief cigars so he could smoke blunts), and he pushed a cashier...it's all good one less black guy, world's a better place, right?

Thanks nik, at least you're consistent.
Walking into a store a taking merchandise by force isn't theft. It's aggravated robbery. Since he had a accomplice and threatened bodily injury.

rapeWhistle
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Watching CNN. They are getting ready to release this soon. Second account of the officers story as given to his friend "josie".

Account of the officers side of the story. (I'm making it as short as possible)

Officer came across the boys.
Saw the cigars, attempted to stop them.
MB reached into the window and pushed the officer 2X hitting him.
At some point he grabbed the officers gun.
Gun went off during struggle.
Boys took off running.
Officer got out and told them to freeze.
MB turned around and started taunting the officer, bum rushed him and the officer shot him.
Last shot to the head.

*Officer felt the kid was on something as he was "amped up"*

I will keep an eye out for a proper link.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21590 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss40831

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
They wear lapel cams here in Albuquerque..…liberals still complain and in fact are now arguing that it infringes peoples privacy rights.

Cant fix fucking retarded
I'm absolutely in favor of liberty and the right to privacy, but i'd support cops wearing a lapel cam - it keeps everyone honest in the interaction.
It will keep the cop accountable for how he interacts with the citizen and it will keep the citizen accountable for THEIR behavior. The tech is out there and it can be easily deployed at a reasonable cost to taxpayers. I'm for it.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kelseecat65, Mr Black., Pigeon
Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3968

l.a. riots on .... on welfare check delivery day

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 La%20Riots%20welfare%20check%20time%201992.mp4(40.90 MB, 67 views)
Oswald2001
Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Every cop should wear a camera. They should just make it against the law for the footage to be released except during court proceedings.

rapeWhistle
Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
I'm absolutely in favor of liberty and the right to privacy, but i'd support cops wearing a lapel cam - it keeps everyone honest in the interaction.
It will keep the cop accountable for how he interacts with the citizen and it will keep the citizen accountable for THEIR behavior. The tech is out there and it can be easily deployed at a reasonable cost to taxpayers. I'm for it.
I agree. If they are doing their job properly, they won't mind wearing it. Coming from the ex wife of an officer and trust me, they don't always play nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, rapeWhistle
Old 08-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1180 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Trying to take a cops gun authorizes the use of deadly force. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a real possibility.

Nik, of course it does. I'm not disputing that, but once someone tries and fails, does that authorize a cop to track him down and shoot him to death? Nor am I saying that's what happened, but it's a real possibility.

And while committing a felony and trying to secure a weapon by force from a law enforcement officer gives the officer authority to use deadly force. And if he deems the assailant as a threat to anyone if he escapes. Deadly force is justified to prevent escape.

That's a best a judgement call, but I think you'd be hard pressed to claim an unarmed 'assailant' was a deadly threat while running away and if at some point attempted to surrender (hands up) before he was executed.

There's many different versions of what happened. Today I watched a video that was reportedly of a witness saying Brown was running towards the officer when the deadly shot was fired.

Yes, as I said before, there are multiple accounts and all the evidence has yet to be obtained so nothing is terribly reliable, much is yet to be learned and verified.

Most everyone knows this law. You're assuming he was giving up. But if he did go for the gun, and did assault the officer. And ran away. Stopped and was returning towards the officer, even with his hands up. Deadly force can be used.

And you're assuming it happened just like you want to believe. It may have, but if it didn't, you'll still feel it was justified because, in your words, he was a thug...so no great loss, huh? Cop gets a pass...Funny how that works,

Old 08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1180 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Walking into a store a taking merchandise by force isn't theft. It's aggravated robbery. Since he had a accomplice and threatened bodily injury.
And because of that, killing him (over $49 worth of cheap-ass cigars) is proportional justice.

Look, I'm not sayin' this guy's a prince, it's that we're all just too ready to go to guns in this country and kill someone for the slightest affront.

Cut off in traffic?

Flipped you the bird?

He stole $50 in merchandise

I guess in America that's the solution to every problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
winvens