m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2543 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss8007
Re: St. Louis Police Group Demands Punishment for Rams Players in Ferguson Prot

surprised they didn't get shot....where were all the cops at?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4798 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss12971

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
I'd protect there first amendment rights though they are clueless.

I'd also love for white players to come out offering them Cigarillos.

I make myself laugh.
Good question. Although it's on their "job" I would need to know how an employer can curb employees rights to Freedom of speech within the workplace (here, a stadium).

An "Abortion Kills" t-shirt worn by a Gap employee at work may be able to be fired - it's another part of law I really have know idea.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
Good question. Although it's on their "job" I would need to know how an employer can curb employees rights to Freedom of speech within the workplace (here, a stadium).

An "Abortion Kills" t-shirt worn by a Gap employee at work may be able to be fired - it's another part of law I really have know idea.
They really shouldn't do anything, it's protected I suppose. At the same time wearing the uniform they are representatives of the NFL, so I can also see how they could control it while you're at work.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier
Old 12-02-2014, 01:02 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

“[W]e have to be really careful with the cops, because if it wasn’t for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods," he said. "We can’t pick out certain incidentals that don’t go our way and act like the cops are all bad.... Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn't for the cops?”

"We as black people are never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you are black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people," Barkley said.

Barkley, a native of Leeds, [Alabama,] said African Americans are too concerned with street cred than true success and that's holding the community back.

"For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you're not a thug or an idiot, you're not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don't break the law, you're not a good black person. It's a dirty, dark secret in the black community.

"There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success. It's best to knock a successful black person down because they're intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they're successful. It's just typical BS that goes on when you're black, man."

Charles Barkley

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier, TheVrist