Go Back  

Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #51  
Old 12-21-2014, 03:28 PM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23599
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Very true however whats the point on cutting ties anyways, they could keep America and still expand into rising countries.

Its like if coca cola wanted to get into the juice market (they already are but for arguments sake), there is no reason to stop selling coke as there is still profit and gain to be had.

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-21-2014, 03:43 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Very true however whats the point on cutting ties anyways, they could keep America and still expand into rising countries.

Its like if coca cola wanted to get into the juice market (they already are but for arguments sake), there is no reason to stop selling coke as there is still profit and gain to be had.
Ties wouldn't be just on economical level. They go hand in hand, difference is, why have political ties with a country, and bend to their imposed world laws when they are a crumbling mess?

China and america are more like partnered drug dealers, america has become the one that starts dabbling in their own product, and has become a mess. Doesn't mean china will stop selling to america when they get too itching, they just wont be there when america end up a complete screw up. And will want to exclude america in any future drug deals. Namely because america being an drug addled moron, is more of a liability, on a world level.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-21-2014, 03:56 PM
niknik's Avatar
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post


sigh, you have no idea what the rest of the world is like....

the USA is faaaaaaarrrrr from the 'best' nation ever created, though i can't imagine what 'the best' really means....it's a greedy, uncultured, divided nation run by warmongers who are intent on creating money out of nothing and keeping it's people fat, unintelligent and fighting amongst themselves.... it's a pity so many are blind to that... you are being fooled so badly but it's not really your fault...
I disagree with our current leadership. But we will fix that in two years. I respect your opinion, but Americans are no more clueless than any nations people. You seem to have different standards for America than other countries. Or you're not well informed about other nations, which isn't your fault. The media sets that narrative, since the media doesn't hold a magnifying glass to any country like they do America. So most news you see is only to be critical of America, and just ignore the good news. You're just overwhelmed with negativity, and it doesn't accurately portray the US.

We are divided, but we're not separate. Don't misinterpret our people. Just because we're allowed to speak up, doesn't mean we hate each other. And just because you don't see other nations people speaking out, doesn't mean they are happy.

I went to a college basketball game last week. And when the flag was displayed, and a little girl who lost her father to cancer sung the anthem, 18 thousand Americans came together within seconds. There was no hate, just love for one another and our home. It's hard to explain the feeling and the electricity running through all of us. And that girls family left that game with a guaranteed scholarship, and $48,000 given by the people in attendance. That's America. I don't know where your version exist.

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:11 PM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23599
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Ties wouldn't be just on economical level. They go hand in hand, difference is, why have political ties with a country, and bend to their imposed world laws when they are a crumbling mess?

China and america are more like partnered drug dealers, america has become the one that starts dabbling in their own product, and has become a mess. Doesn't mean china will stop selling to america when they get too itching, they just wont be there when america end up a complete screw up. And will want to exclude america in any future drug deals. Namely because america being an drug addled moron, is more of a liability, on a world level.
Well I wouldn't have ever have counted on china to have my back in the first place.

You guys shit the bed on that one if you thought that.

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:14 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11713
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Well I wouldn't have ever have counted on china to have my back in the first place.

Slightly more than half you guys shit the bed on that one if you thought that.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
bob351
  #56  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:31 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Not to mention the fucking HUGEEEEEE market to make asian eyes look more like white peoples... the top plastic surgeries there are all to enhance "white features"

You are fucked in the head if you think china hates the west.
I guess I'm fucked in the head then.

They're a ruthless culture, and very xenophobic. A lot of Asian cultures are.
They're playing the game, and when we are no longer of economic value to them things will return to the way they were before.
The Chinese government sees us the same way they did when Mao was in charge, the only difference is they have adopted different economic policy to survive.
If you think for one minute that there is not going to be a huge showdown between us and them in the next 20 years, you're an idiot.
Ideology wise we are polar opposites. The day will come when they decide to take Taiwan by force, guaranteed...... They're getting ready for it right now.

Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:36 PM
ralucagymnast's Avatar
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I guess I'm fucked in the head then.

They're a ruthless culture, and very xenophobic. A lot of Asian cultures are.
They're playing the game, and when we are no longer of economic value to them things will return to the way they were before.
The Chinese government sees us the same way they did when Mao was in charge, the only difference is they have adopted different economic policy to survive.
If you think for one minute that there is not going to be a huge showdown between us and them in the next 20 years, you're an idiot.
Ideology wise we are polar opposites. The day will come when they decide to take Taiwan by force, guaranteed...... They're getting ready for it right now.
Do you really think they will take Taiwan? what do you mean by "getting ready for it right now"?

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:38 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
If anything its a love hate relationship, but the old communist China vs capitalist America bullshit is long dead. Since china is running the most bullshit "communist" country the world has ever seen.
Is it? Guess the internet isn't censored in china anymore? They're having elections now? No more prison labor camps or harvesting organs from executed prisoners?
Maybe they have freedom of religion, freedom to criticize the government or a free media?
Nah, none of the above.
Just because our media has made the villain Putin these days, just like it was Assad last year or Iran the year before that, doesn't mean china has made any improvements.

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:49 PM
ralucagymnast's Avatar
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Is it? Guess the internet isn't censored in china anymore? They're having elections now? No more prison labor camps or harvesting organs from executed prisoners?
Maybe they have freedom of religion, freedom to criticize the government or a free media?
Nah, none of the above.
Just because our media has made the villain Putin these days, just like it was Assad last year or Iran the year before that, doesn't mean china has made any improvements.

Rob what do you mean by "theyre getting ready for it now" re Taiwan?

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-21-2014, 05:50 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Sony Pictures Scraps Dec. 25 Release of 'The Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Do you really think they will take Taiwan? what do you mean by "getting ready for it right now"?
They've been antagonizing Taiwan for years now, playing a game with the United States. China does war games just off it's coast, tests missiles etc etc and the United States responds by sending over aircraft carriers.
Taiwan was part of china until the communist revolution, it's government fled there when the mainland was over run.

China has been stealing military secrets and building it's ability for years now. The have increased their military spending by 500% in the last 20 years.
Seriously, just look at what they're doing....... It's fucking scary.
Everybody is focused on Putin, meanwhile china has developed nuclear subs with ballistic missiles, ICBM's, anti satellite missiles, has one aircraft carrier with 3 more planned, stealth technology..... The list is long.

Seriously, look into it if you have a few extra minutes sometime. All of this economic benefit is going into the Chinese military.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO