Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Sir Alex Ferguson Retires As Man Utd Manager

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson is retiring as manager of Manchester United, the club has confirmed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	167210792-1-522x293.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	448413

The manager, who has been at the club for 26 years, said in a statement: "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.

"It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so."

The Scotsman secured his 13th Premier League title with Manchester United two weeks ago and is the most successful manager in British football history.

The deal to appoint a successor has already been done and approved by the club's board, understands Sky News City Editor Mark Kleinman.

An announcement is expected within days, with Sky sources saying Everton boss David Moyes is in "pole position" to get the job.

Ferguson, 71, will stay at Manchester United as a director and an ambassador, but now has just two games left with the famous club.

"With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future," Ferguson said.

"I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential."

The success of the club would continue without him, said Ferguson, who had a stand at Old Trafford named in his honour in 2011.

"The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level ... the long-term future of the club remains a bright one," said Ferguson.

Former FA chief executive Mark Palios told Sky News that the Scot's achievements were unrivalled and said they "would never be repeated again".

David Davis, former FA executive director, said he would place him above iconic managers like Bobby Robson, Bill Shankley and Matt Busby as the "best British manager of any generation".

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, also joined in the tributes and tweeted: "Sir Alex Ferguson’s achievement at #MUFC has been exceptional. Hopefully his retirement will make life a little easier for my team #AVFC"

The "foundations of the Premiership have shaken this morning", said Sky News Sports Correspondent Paul Kelso.

"Fergie steps aside as the greatest figure in football management - there’ll be a very long queue of managers seeking to replace him.

"You have to be a certain manager to manage Manchester United," former United player Paul Ince told Sky News.

"It's very important the next man is the right man."

Michael Owen, who is himself retiring at the end of the season, tweeted: "What an act to follow. I guess only Mourinho would have the confidence to strut through the door. If it were me, I'd go for Moyes."

Sir Alex, who began his managerial career in Scotland in 1974, enjoyed success with St Mirren and Aberdeen before moving to England.

He won 49 trophies during his career - his haul with Manchester United including five FA Cups, four league cups and two famous Champions League titles, in 1999 and 2008

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
chefbob09, gatagato, kellyhound
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Retires As Man Utd Manager

He can say what he wants, until the announce a new manager I don't believe it. He will die at old Trafford

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Johnny Wadd
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:380
Male

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1903

About fuckin' time

COYS

Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

well deserved

Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
well deserved
Exactly.
He may not have been the most loved manager and i know a lot hate Man Utd but there's no denying he was a good manager.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3660

Here we go, David Moyes is appointed and "yeah I think he will do good"

"yeah we love a passionate scot!"

"fergie approves so he will be good for the club"

Lets see the fans come up with that horse shit when results dont go their way.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss88622

Jesus a baby could manage that team to a title, what is their competition Chelsea? He should have taken the reins at Scotland now there's a challenge

Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Pie
Offline:
العضو التناسلي النسوي
Poster Rank:261
Too cool for Genetalia

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3177

He was one of the best managers, but I don't think it really matters what manager the team has.

99% of their success is due to the fact that their team is made up from some of the best players in the world, they'll always be one of the best regardless of who's telling them what to do.

Faline
Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491

One of the most admired and respected managers in the history of football, all the best coaches in the world think that it has been a great honour to compete with him.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
FredFlintstone
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:918
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
Jesus a baby could manage that team to a title, what is their competition Chelsea? He should have taken the reins at Scotland now there's a challenge
Alex Ferguson has built Manchester United from top to bottom though, and it's not just about how many trophies he's won that's impressive, it's how he achieved that by bringing through so many youth players (The Neville brothers, Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Brown, O'Shea, Wellbeck etc) and signing bargain buys like Peter Schmeichel for 750k, Irwin for 625k Cantona for 1.2m, Solskjaer for 1.6m Steve Bruce 825k, Roy Keane for 3,75m then going on to win and dominate the English league for over 20 years.

All the prize money the club won from TV money, Prize winnings from the League and Champions League was really spent developing the Stadium, Training facilities and the club in general...and now they're the richest club in the world because of that.

Fergie has earnt his way to the top properly, he hasn't always just gone and bought 2 or 3 world class players every season and just gone and won the league as you're making out.

And to answer your question...their main competition comes from their neighbors Manchester City now, who are also trying to buy the League and just about every talented players there is going (same as Chelsea over the years) as they have a mega rich Arab owner. Last season Man City won the title, And Ferguson has won it again this year after spending very little in comparison.

Ferguson time at Aberdeen shouldn't be forgotten either...

It's truly is a sad day for football in my opinion, I personally can't think of a better manager than Fergie... he's a true great.