Go Back  

Should They Have Removed Joe Paterno's Statue? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Rogan
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404
Tom Jones

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss1768
Should They Have Removed Joe Paterno's Statue?

Wow, Joe Paterno was the Penn State coach for no fewer than 46 years and they're now removing his statue because it causes too much headaches for people? Where's Ashton Kutcher's twitter account when you need it?

I think that that's really really messed up. Sandusky should go to jail, and pervs and pedophiles cases should continue to be adjudicated to the fullest extent of the law. But the statue should've stayed, you can't wipe out 46 years in service. They didn't destroy the Sistine Chapel over corruption and coverups at the Vatican now, did they?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
mrmojo
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss218
Re: Should They Have Removed Joe Paterno's Statue?

yes.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 AM
BryanXavier
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4793 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss12964

It will go back up some day. It's just too much of a distraction right now. I have now thought my way through my opinion of him but if he knew it was going on for 14 years and said nothing... well, a continuously burning effigy may be more appropriate.

icheerthebull
Old 07-22-2012, 01:03 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
They didn't destroy the Sistine Chapel over corruption and coverups at the Vatican now, did they?
but they would remove a statue or plaque that glorified a priest who was guilty of covering up or taking part in child abuse. Yes they should have taken the statue down.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier, k_dub
Old 07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

they should replace it with pedobear

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
original.jpg  

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, Creepy, Daverika Wulff, dean mclean, k_dub, michmi, Oswald2001, Pogrom, rabenson, Shawna
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss51374

You have a point

Old 07-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Wow, Joe Paterno was the Penn State coach for no fewer than 46 years and they're now removing his statue because it causes too much headaches for people? Where's Ashton Kutcher's twitter account when you need it?

I think that that's really really messed up. Sandusky should go to jail, and pervs and pedophiles cases should continue to be adjudicated to the fullest extent of the law. But the statue should've stayed, you can't wipe out 46 years in service. They didn't destroy the Sistine Chapel over corruption and coverups at the Vatican now, did they?
He wiped out 46 years of service all by himself nobody did it for him.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, michmi, rob666
Old 07-22-2012, 05:58 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:

Through covering it up he directly enabled Sandusky to molest more children.

And yeah, the Catholic Church should be disbanded as a criminal organization if I was in charge...... Systemic covering up for Pedophiles so they can continue to ruin peoples lives is unacceptable.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, lroy10, michmi, pbaj12, Stevee
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 PM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss6181

Quote:

really? dude he covered up for Sandusky and yes enabled him to rape for 14 more years. are you for fucking real? well if you are then go fuck yourself!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdjackass318 For This Useful Post:
Stevee
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

I don't think they should have taken down the statue. Sandusky should have battery cables connected to his nipples and a tree shoved up his ass at the very least.

I bet they will connect the missing politician from PA, whose name I forget, but, he is a cold case, to Sandusky. I bet he told! They found his body and car in a different county from where he lived and his computer in water without the hard drive. It may have been Luzerne County.

I don't follow sports, but, since Paterno was on his death bed, they should have just let him die naturally, but, I do think the statue should remain for the years of good football they had.

I just want to know what Sandusky has on everyone to have gotten away with his lewd actions against minors for all of those years!

I still love that my mother, who is 77 and had a stroke in 2004 and is sometimes not on the ball, hates Sandusky's face, lol! She refers to him as, "that asshole!"

Personally, I think it's sad that they are picking on a dead man, instead of all the living ones who knew and did nothing either.

OR, they should let the victims decide among themselves. I don't believe I heard anything from them.