Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18
Shopkeeper, 72, 'stabs Armed Robber to Death'

A 72-year-old shopkeeper has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after an armed raider was killed in a botched robbery.

Cecil Coley was playing dominoes with a friend inside his florists in Manchester when two men broke in at around 9.40pm last night.

A struggle followed which saw one of the raiders, a 30-year-old man, fatally stabbed in the chest. The second robber was treated in hospital for stab wounds

Residents found the man lying in the street outside the store on Shrewsbury Road, in Old Trafford, and tried to resuscitate him but he died a short time later after being taken to Trafford General Hospital.

A second man, who was wearing a mask, was seen running away from the premises.

It is believed he went to Manchester Royal Infirmary later where he was treated for a stab wound.

A 60-year-old man, thought to be Mr Coley's friend, was also taken to hospital with injuries sustained during the struggle.

A police source said: 'Early indications are that this is a robbery that has gone wrong.'

Mr Coley, whose shop was closed at the time of the raid, is a Jamaican man known as 'Papa' in the community.

He was described by residents as a regular church-goer who had run the shop as a fancy goods store for 40 years before handing it over to his children and retiring six weeks ago. They have been running it as a florists.

Resident Leon Richards, 33, said: 'He's a proud man, very proud of his family. He used to go to the local church regularly and was a real part of the community.

'He is a quiet man, but a good man. He never caused anyone any trouble, he just got on with his business.'

Residents have described seeing two men with what appeared to be stab injuries before one of the men collapsed in the street.

Mavis Ferguson, 71, said: 'I didn't see it myself but my neighbours tell me two men ran out of the shop and into the street. One of the men ran off but the other one collapsed.

Resident Manmohan Singh, 57, said the owner had always been a kind man.

'I feel distraught this has taken place,' he said.

'He is a very nice man. I have known him for years and years.

'He has never been a violent sort of person.'

'People tried to resuscitate the stabbed man but there was nothing they could do. I can't believe something like this has happened around here. It's just awful.'
The alarm was raised by a passer-by who told police the man had been 'left for dead' outside the shop.

This morning the whole of Shrewsbury Street remained cordoned off.

Chief Superintendent Mark Roberts, of Greater Manchester Police's Trafford Division said: 'The investigation is in its early stages and we are still trying to establish the circumstances of what has happened.

'I would like to reassure residents that we do not believe there is any danger to the community and would urge anyone who may have seen something to contact us.'

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
11.jpg  

12.jpg  

13.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to elouisax For This Useful Post:
Faline
Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206
Re: Shopkeeper, 72, 'stabs Armed Robber to Death'

More of that

Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Stan63
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:8734

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11

Anyone that is injured or dies whilst they carry out a violent crime deserves no sympathy and the person defending themself, other people or their property should not be punished.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stan63 For This Useful Post:
Karma, Orchid17, vlad
Old 08-12-2011, 02:00 AM
prax22a
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:942
dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss470

That's what I love about Montana, if someone robs you or assaults you or your family, it's your right to defend yourself with lethal force.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Quiet
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:460
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1408

They were breaking in and he defended himself. I dont think he should be charged with murder if he was just trying to protect his store. Those fuckers shouldnt have been robbing it in the first place its just cause and effect.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quiet For This Useful Post:
elouisax
Old 08-12-2011, 03:39 AM
sweetsarah
Offline:
┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Poster Rank:304
I have a Vajayjay

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2597

If they didn't come into HIS store, he would have never ever thought about hurting them. That can not be defined by murder.

The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsarah For This Useful Post:
elouisax
Old 08-12-2011, 07:21 AM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:856
Male

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

He wont get prosecuted properly..this happened a few years ago when an indian guy beat a guy into a coma with a baseball bat when he tried to hold his wife hostage.
The public upcry was so strong he got a pathetic sentence if any at all.

Just wait until "The Sun" and other tabloids hear about this, theyll be following the case closely.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheCapn For This Useful Post:
elouisax
Old 08-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Bleeed.exe
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:248
Contributions: 7

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3473

I've had fantasies about being in a store as it's robbed, and beating the assailants with 2L jugs of milk and throwing cans of beans at them.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:09 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
He wont get prosecuted properly..this happened a few years ago when an indian guy beat a guy into a coma with a baseball bat when he tried to hold his wife hostage.
The public upcry was so strong he got a pathetic sentence if any at all.

Just wait until "The Sun" and other tabloids hear about this, theyll be following the case closely.
a few weeks back they changed the law to saying you can use reasonable force to defend your property now,. and only a few days afterthe new law was passed someone got let off for stabbing an intruder to death.

they just have to establish whether it was him defending his property or if he went after them with the knife when the danger was over