Go Back  

Shooting Instructor Accidentally Shot in the Head by a 9-year-old Girl Has Died 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491
Re: Shooting Instructor Accidentally Shot in the Head by a 9-year-old Girl Has

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
On the bright side the campaign to legalise kinder eggs in the US just got a boost

No offence to our american cousins
In my humble opinion (and i DON'T want to join the gun control debate) the death of a man whom last words were "All right, full auto" while he was talking to a NINE years old girl handling a Uzi loaded with LIVE bullets sounds much more like natural selection than accident, with all the due respect for his relatives: the fact that he was a veteran doesn't mean that he was aware of what he was doing. It took to me ages to realize what does it mean to open fire with a firearm (the first gun i handled was a Beretta M1934 and i was 14). When it happened to me to handle a Uzi, I got scared because i was UNABLE to control the gun after switching from single to auto for the first time, basically the same as what happened to the little girl, but according to me and to my trainer i was experienced enough: it just eluded my control. Those weapons are NOT designed for 9 years old childrens and whomever thinks differently should seek counseling (in my opinion, not claiming that what i say is the truth).
Why a nine years old girl should learn to handle an Uzi... WHY?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
GG57, icheerthebull, Pigeon, vagabond, winvens
Old 08-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11716 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
I know right?!

Just like how all those sluts that go out after dark dressed like whores deserve to get raped - what stupid assholes.

#leftwingvictimblaming

The Following 2 Users Disliked Kelseecat65 For This Post:
Illusion, winvens
Old 08-29-2014, 01:49 PM
GlassToTheArson
Offline:
Yaut'ja Elite
Poster Rank:388
Male
Contributions: 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
Tragic? No motherfucking stupid... a freakin NINE year old with a semi automatic weapon? Seriously, is it THAT necessary to expose a child to such weapons?
Definitely not a semi auto

Old 08-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11716 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Do not put words in my mouth. I never said the guy deserved to die, did I? He deserved the powerful recoil, nothing more.

This man was as guilty for allowing a child to use an extremely dangerous firearm just as her dipshit "parents" are. The adults should have trained the kid at a much older age on a BB or pellet gun.
I must have missed your original post. I was laughing before at rW's sarcastic reply.

Anyway...the guy sucked as a firearms instructor and whether it was due to stupidity or lack of experience, it was his own fault that he is dead today.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
30564U, gatagato, winvens
Old 08-29-2014, 07:29 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

If that firearm had been something with a longer barrel, this abortion wouldn't have happened. Short barreled fully automatic firearms have a common tendency to climb up and to the shooter's left...just like you see in the video. This type of accident has absolutely nothing to do with the shooter's age. The same type of accident happened with a very experienced police firearms instructor at the Santa Ana CA Police range several years ago. On that occasion the firearms instructor was testing a confiscated Mac-10 type fully automatic firearm. Due to the short length of the firearm, when he fired it on full auto, it climbed up and over, out of his hands, and shot him in the face and head. New or inexperienced full auto shooters should never, ever, under any circumstances, be allowed to shoot very short fully automatic firearms. My two daughters, ages 11 and 12 have both shot full auto firearms numerous times without issues since they were 9 and 10. It isn't the girl's age, so much as it is with an instructor that might not have been up to speed in dealing with young shooters and full auto short barreled firearms. I allowed my girls to fire various types of historical full auto firearms (belt fed Brownings, MG-43, M-3, original M-16 and modern M-4, AK-47, and an M-2) so that they may better understand martial history better. I've also had them fire vintage black powder muzzle loading and cartridge firearms as well. It helps them appreciate history and some of the nuances of history that aren't covered by history books and also modern firearm technology. That this girl's parents allowed her to shoot a fully automatic firearm isn't problematic...the lack of guidance and instruction were. The instructor and his employer screwed up and they both will pay a very heavy price for their mistake. I'm sure the girl's parents will also sue (not sure that it isn't proper in this case) over her now lifetime trauma.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, vagabond
The Following Users Disliked This Post By 30564U:
winvens
Old 08-29-2014, 08:06 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21666 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Do not put words in my mouth. I never said the guy deserved to die, did I? He deserved the powerful recoil, nothing more.

This man was as guilty for allowing a child to use an extremely dangerous firearm just as her dipshit "parents" are. The adults should have trained the kid at a much older age on a BB or pellet gun.
I must have misunderstood what you meant by, "Fucking idiot deserved it."

That means, 'Fucking idiot deserved it.', in the version of English I speak. Maybe it means something else in your native tongue.

My bad.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 08-29-2014, 09:17 PM
fasteddie16
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:2466
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss107

I was shooting clay pigeons before I knew how to tie my own shoes, probably around 5.
Fear of guns is more important than knowing how to operate one IMHO. Thanks to my parents I am still very uneasy handling even a fake gun or a BB gun, I never allow the barrel of even a fake or unloaded gun to aim in someone's general direction. I'm paranoid to the point of checking the chamber and mag multiple times when I handle a gun, and triple check it before I hand it to someone else. I've seen someone accidentally fire an SKS into the wall because they thought it was empty. And lastly I've had more bruises from gripping a gun too tight or slamming my hands back down onto the range sandbags than from the guns themselves. Holding a gun loosely is not only dangerous, it increases the likelihood of recoil and the kickback of a shouldered weapon.
These people had to have a class 3 weapons permit to own a fully automatic weapon anyways. They should have known better.

gatagato, vagabond, winvens
Old 08-30-2014, 01:31 AM
St. Geno
Offline:
I don't fuck with anyone
Poster Rank:67

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2226 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13787

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
I cant stop laughing. It hurts

30564U, rapeWhistle
Old 08-30-2014, 02:03 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

There seems to be some confusion regarding how the young girl got to shoot a fully automatic firearm. From what I've heard of this incident, the girl's parents paid a fee to the shooting range who rents Class 3 firearms (fully automatic) to the public to shoot with an instructor at their shooting range. This is quite common in several states.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
fenek
Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 AM
GG57
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:674
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss794

Children should not be allowed to use these guns even if it is common.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GG57 For This Useful Post:
Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By GG57:
30564U