Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss81
Re: Seven Confirmed Dead in M5 Accident in Somerset

There's a bit of a disagreement as to whether it was bad fog or if it was smoke drifting over from a bonfire and firework display nearby. They need someone to blame, understandably

Old 11-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

The police are now saying that fog wasn't a factor in the cause of the crash and that the cause was smoke from a fireworks display at a nearby rugby club, police have launched a criminal investigation probing safety measures taken by the club, this is being reported by numerous periodicals that don't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn so please don't take it as the Gods honest truth.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 PM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:856
Male

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

Even if it was thick smoke, theres always some driver error. Ive seen it happen before with farmers fires. As soon as drivers hit the smoke they slam on their brakes and ofcourse get smashed into from behind. They tell you to move to the slow lane and slow down to 40 or less.

Also in the big crash that happened 6 or so years ago, when people hit the fog, some of them actually stopped their cars and ran to the hard shoulder. Leaving their cars in the middle of the motorway.

So yeah..fog/thick smoke/ driver error and tail gating caused this.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
Even if it was thick smoke, theres always some driver error. Ive seen it happen before with farmers fires. As soon as drivers hit the smoke they slam on their brakes and ofcourse get smashed into from behind. They tell you to move to the slow lane and slow down to 40 or less.

Also in the big crash that happened 6 or so years ago, when people hit the fog, some of them actually stopped their cars and ran to the hard shoulder. Leaving their cars in the middle of the motorway.

So yeah..fog/thick smoke/ driver error and tail gating caused this.
Wrong.

Driver error is doing an "oopsie sorry heres my details".

Leaving your car in the middle of a live motorway or braking hard on a motorway as soon as you hit foggy conditions is plain retardation.

I know for a fact that these people died because 1 or 2 people fucked up in a big way and the trucks around them had to go all out in order to stop.

Now there was something like 4 big trucks in the middle of that? I guess stupidity knows no bounds.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:23 AM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:647
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

At first im freaking out when I read the title, I live near a town called somerset then I realized this isn't in the us.