Go Back  

SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss13013
Re: SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Vote

Az, I was the damn Ron Paul organizer for my district. I just came to realize I can't change shit.

Czech
Old 09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276
Re: SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
I just hate the fact that I work hard for my money yet jobless welfare recipients live a more luxurious life than I do. If I had a choice between rich people getting tax cuts and rich people having their moneys taken and given to the poor I will choose tax cuts every day of the week.
If you think that people on welfare have a 'luxurious' lifestyle, you are flat out delusional.

Why don't you just admit that you're pissed on principal?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to invertigo For This Useful Post:
fenek, firegirl
Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
If you think that people on welfare have a 'luxurious' lifestyle, you are flat out delusional.

Why don't you just admit that you're pissed on principal?
if you think people dont abuse the welfare system, you my friend are delusional.

ive seen it first hand. people in line at the grocery store paying with food stamps, then come out and get into a 40k Cadillac. happens all the time. these lazy bastards dont get married, have a kid, claim they are a single parent, get government help, then the boyfriend either gets a job but doesnt report the income so she still gets her welfare or they sell drugs.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
if you think people dont abuse the welfare system, you my friend are delusional.

ive seen it first hand. people in line at the grocery store paying with food stamps, then come out and get into a 40k Cadillac Nugget, that's just creepy, why are following these people at all?. happens all the time. these lazy bastards dont get married, have a kid, claim they are a single parent, get government help, then the boyfriend either gets a job but doesnt report the income so she still gets her welfare or they sell drugs.
I'm not denying that there are amoral people mooching off the system, but you're not going to see these people staying at the top floor of the hilton or buying a porche.

There are economic requirements for welfare recipients, one of them being that they cannot have assets that can be sold or traded for a sum of money great enough to provide financial independence, and any attempt to gain more disqualifys you from welfare. Being poor sucks, you're not missing much.
Are these people lazy? Usually, but they're sure as hell not pampered unless you call trailer parks and top ramen high living.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to invertigo For This Useful Post:
firegirl, zackf
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:

Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

I didn't realize going to my car and unloading groceries while the person who paid with food stamps was parked 2 cars down from me was considered following? Guess I'm a stalker

Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:

Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I'm not denying that there are amoral people mooching off the system, but you're not going to see these people staying at the top floor of the hilton or buying a porche.

There are economic requirements for welfare recipients, one of them being that they cannot have assets that can be sold or traded for a sum of money great enough to provide financial independence, and any attempt to gain more disqualifys you from welfare. Being poor sucks, you're not missing much.
Are these people lazy? Usually, but they're sure as hell not pampered unless you call trailer parks and top ramen high living.
You are completely missing the point.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:

ive seen it first hand. people in line at the grocery store paying with food stamps, then come out and get into a 40k Cadillac. happens all the time. these lazy bastards dont get married, have a kid, claim they are a single parent, get government help, then the boyfriend either gets a job but doesnt report the income so she still gets her welfare or they sell drugs.
I agree with you, but I still don't know how Obama has enabled people like this more than his predecessors..... I don't know what Romney will do to fix this problem...... And in the whole big scheme of things, eliminating all welfare won't make even a little dent in the budget.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
I have never hated a president. I hate Obama - he ran and is running rough shod over the way laws are passed in the land - forcing Obamacare through without the fugger being read is an absolute crime - read the own gov't projections on cost and who will pay. Health care costs rise and the middle class is stiffed. I am truly leaving the country.
If forcing Obamacare through was a crime, what was it when Bush invaded Iraq on false pretenses costing the nation trillions?

The whole healthcare system was being bankrupted by people with no insurance going to the ER room, and the end of the day decisions had to be made......... And the decision that was made was modeled on Romneys system in Massachusetts.

I don't know how someone can not vote for Obama based on his healthcare plan, then turn around and vote for Romney?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:57 PM
peema
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1487

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss233

I ain't voting for Obama because I'm racist.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 AM
RangaRang
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:194

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4804

Quote:
1. Obama had nothing to do with finding bin laden. he canceled the mission 3 times before they finally killed him. for him to take credit for finding and killing bin laden is like al gore claiming he invented the internet.
2. agreed
3. agreed.
4. didnt know that was a promise?
5. the only thing he did was give money to middle schools to keep kids from dropping out. college tuition is at an all time high. this is not his fault but needs fixed.
6. i wouldnt call Obama care an improvement. raising taxes and fining people who dont buy something isnt improvement. we need reform not government takeover. btw health insurance has went up since he took office. im sure its bush's fault though.
7. Obama apologizing to other countries for our freedoms and beliefs is "a step in the right direction?" I dont even know how to answer this one.
1. Let's see. Clinton did all he can to find bin Laden and failed, due to many factors unnecessary to discuss here. Bush had the chance, but blew it. His administration did much less than Obama's, too, in that regard. They'd rather keep an enemy and use him to their own advantage. Obama cancelled the mission three times, sure. He did, in the end, take care of it. His administration promised to do so, and the job was finally done. Of course, he had to time it so that it would boost his approval at a time of weakness. Presidents do that. The important thing is that he delivered regardless. Now, it's beside the argument to be exact and place the merit on the exact field commander, the exact commando, the exact moment and circumstances.

4. He said the Taliban and AQ were concentrated in Pakistan. He promised to neutralize them. He went ahead and hit them in Pakistan. I don't see how this isn't a promise delivered- perhaps it was made in the process of his presidency, and not promised before he became president.

5. At least he did something in that regard. Elementary, middle, and secondary education in the US are horrible compared to other countries. There was enough damage done to the education system under the Republicans for him to turn all this around in one term. As far as college tuitions go, this is a market matter. Things can and will get better, though. We're just in the thick of it right now.

6. It's going to hurt at first. Our healthcare system was drastically different from what he and people of his mind want to accomplish in the future. Our main problem is tons of money mismanaged and tons more wasted on war and foreign adventures. With a heftier program, after a few decades, government will have to deal within a new budget and will see it less beneficial to throw money away in these holes and direct more money to the improvement and building of new medical schools, to the education of future doctors and generalists, to the improvement of the average American's health. This will indeed cost more money. But this is what universal healthcare costs. We cannot complain of money being wasted and insurance being a pain in the ass and at the same time complain when something's brought to the table that will change that in the near to mid future.

7. Our beliefs, typically that of a moral absolutism in favor of democracy and Westernization, have caused tons of damage abroad. Let's name a few examples. The CIA overthrow of Mossadegh. Pinochet, Batista. Interference on behalf of big businesses, leeching other countries of their brains, establishing zones that sap a country of its resources and manpower and calling it improvement. Invading and killing for ideals and money. This is all recent history. And we were nicer in the Cold War when we had a big, brutish enemy to compare ourselves to and thus a reason to be more tactful abroad. Now the race is gone and we're at the top. Perhaps Obama's apology offended us as Americans, but where's unbridled nationalism going to get a country in an age of globalization?

The Following User Says Thank You to RangaRang For This Useful Post:
rob666