Go Back  

SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
Well whether people want to admit it or not, race is a part of the issue. The majority of African Americans will vote for Obama regardless of his views simply because of his race.
That can go both ways though can't it? The vast majority of older Americans are voting Romney, those that grew up in the age of segregation & back of the bus.
Is it also a coincidence that the South votes republican every time?

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
lroy10
Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406
Re: SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
If you make 40k a year and vote for Mitt, you are voting against your own interests.
How so? I don't need a handout, I can survive just fine on my own dime. Romney isn't the greatest candidate but I would rather let the "1%" who earned their money keep it rather than take it from then and give it to lazy people who don't want to work

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Nasty Nuggets:
Czech
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
How so? I don't need a handout, I can survive just fine on my own dime. Romney isn't the greatest candidate but I would rather let the "1%" who earned their money keep it rather than take it from then and give it to lazy people who don't want to work
That is the true political mastery of the Republicans, making the ordinary guy think that people in the top 1% deserve a tax cut for the benefit of the whole Nation. I'm sure Mitt will thank you every time he checks his balance.

See, here's the whole issue right here- What is Romney going to do that's any different or any better for the Nation? What programs is he going to cut? How is he going to balance the budget?
Not just some generalized feel-good stuff for the base, but specifics........ What is he gonna do?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Czech, lkduke3, RangaRang
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4826 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss13007

Man, I thought that was great. He was being honest, I think and pretty damn accurate.

This may have helped his campaign. He may have even had it leaked.

BigFoot, Czech, Nasty Nuggets
Old 09-19-2012, 06:08 PM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:657

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

He speaks the truth.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigFoot For This Useful Post:
Nasty Nuggets
Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
That is the true political mastery of the Republicans, making the ordinary guy think that people in the top 1% deserve a tax cut for the benefit of the whole Nation. I'm sure Mitt will thank you every time he checks his balance.

See, here's the whole issue right here- What is Romney going to do that's any different or any better for the Nation? What programs is he going to cut? How is he going to balance the budget?
Not just some generalized feel-good stuff for the base, but specifics........ What is he gonna do?

I do not believe the top 1% should be getting tax cuts. I think we should all pay the same percentage of income no matter how much you make. I just hate the fact that I work hard for my money yet jobless welfare recipients live a more luxurious life than I do. If I had a choice between rich people getting tax cuts and rich people having their moneys taken and given to the poor I will choose tax cuts every day of the week. This country was built on the foundation that hard work pays, not government pays.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty Nuggets For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
I do not believe the top 1% should be getting tax cuts. I think we should all pay the same percentage of income no matter how much you make. I just hate the fact that I work hard for my money yet jobless welfare recipients live a more luxurious life than I do. If I had a choice between rich people getting tax cuts and rich people having their moneys taken and given to the poor I will choose tax cuts every day of the week. This country was built on the foundation that hard work pays, not government pays.
That's legitimate, and I agree with you....... A hand up is always better than a handout.

At the root of everything though I don't think cutting back on welfare programs is gonna be enough........ If you look at the budget and where all of the money goes, its pretty much down to taking care of seniors & the defense budget.
If neither party is willing to tackle that reality
( and they won't because its political suicide ) then things are going to continue as they are.

The only guy I heard say what he would cut to balance the budget is Ron Paul, everybody else just says lots of apple pie BS to pander to their base.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 PM
lroy10
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1104

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss356

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
Man, I thought that was great. He was being honest, I think and pretty damn accurate.

This may have helped his campaign. He may have even had it leaked.
I don't know if he leaked it but it won't hurt him at all. The "welfare" class has been held against Obama by the majority of his detractors from the time he was sworn in.

Here is an article I started reading on the "47%", kinda long and some of it was mentioned in the video but it's good.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-income-taxes/

The Following User Says Thank You to lroy10 For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Romney now says his campaign is about the 100%...

really want this guy as your president? fucker will say anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
firegirl
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
k_dub
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:285

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2893

YES