Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Saudi Arabia Strips Religious Police of Arrest Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbondurant View Post
Rob , you know it hip to shun the American fool president in public . But in private they are butt buddies ...... Ya know ,, wet willy ... Swapping spit ... Patting each other on the bum ..
I don't agree with that.

They would walk around holding hands with the Bush's.

Obama is talking about releasing the censored pages of the 9/11 report, which rumour has it are about Saudi involvement. If I'm not mistaken there's also talk of tearing up the treaty that Saudi Arabia cannot be sued in civil court for 9/11.

And then there's the issue of lifting sanctions on Iran, Saudi Arabias worst enemy.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:47 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
It is a double standard.

He is.was also stupid and judgemental about the Keystone pipeline.

..gladly help the enemies of the state yet refuses to mutually help his next door neighbor and ally.
We're going to build a pipeline east, and another one west to the Pacific...... And we're going to build more refineries.

China will buy our oil, no problems.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:23 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:230

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3865

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I don't agree with that.

They would walk around holding hands with the Bush's.

Obama is talking about releasing the censored pages of the 9/11 report, which rumour has it are about Saudi involvement. If I'm not mistaken there's also talk of tearing up the treaty that Saudi Arabia cannot be sued in civil court for 9/11.

And then there's the issue of lifting sanctions on Iran, Saudi Arabias worst enemy.
I like my version of events ,,

I look at history,, Obama has a well documented history of apologizing and backing down .. So , until he stops sucking eggs , I will continue to negatively narrate his foreign and domestic affairs ..

I don't trust him .. Should I ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
Bletch, Oswald2001
Old 04-23-2016, 11:25 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
I like my version of events ,,

I look at history,, Obama has a well documented history of apologizing and backing down .. So , until he stops sucking eggs , I will continue to negatively narrate his foreign and domestic affairs ..

I don't trust him .. Should I ?
It is what it is.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:27 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3865

Quote:

They would go around holding hands when Bush was President .

Different leaders from both countries...

Your an oil guy ... Come on ,, Trends man trends

Bletch, Oswald2001
Old 04-23-2016, 11:28 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3865

Quote:
It is what it is.
Exactly.... 'spade is a spade '

Bletch, Oswald2001
Old 04-23-2016, 11:52 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Different leaders from both countries...

Your an oil guy ... Come on ,, Trends man trends
Obama has shaken things up a bit with the Saudis.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:10 AM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3865

Quote:
Obama has shaken things up a bit with the Saudis.
Only time will tell , if in fact that is the truth ...

Bletch, Oswald2001
Old 04-25-2016, 12:46 AM
a175
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:435

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534

Just out of curiosity, is apologizing and backing down never a good thing?

Minus the occasional victory (usually a direct action, not in a prolonged war), our m.o. has been fighting wars that we haven't or couldn't win.
Pride, arrogance, and a self-righteous attitude has been getting our troops killed and wounded for several decades now. Call me unpatriotic if you will, but visit a memorial or a veterans hospital and ask yourself "why".

We like to talk about losing our wars behind wooden desks, and there is certainly truth in that, but we have made a habit of starting or getting involved in conflicts that we would have been better off avoiding.

It's not just the direct, immediate impact of war that is dragging us down. There is a prolonged effect that just snowballs as we keep going down the same path over and over again. Economically, socially... and I would even say spiritually if you're into that sort of thing.

Check out the 60s and 70s, man.
Anti-war, Civil Rights, and minority pride groups all kind of sprang up together and worked in concert with each other. To them, it was "we've had enough". To others, it was all too much.
I wonder, how many conservative-minded people just got overwhelmed with all the changes (both real and perceived), that they just had to emotionally shut down and say "nope"?
America, as a nation, has pretty much been in a constant state of Civil War since the beginning. That's the value of external threats... they give us a common enemy. The problem is when we habitually create external threats, intentionally or otherwise, in order to build this false sense of unity and esprit de corps.

And we keep pushing, searching for the boogie men. Northerners, Southerners, Indians, Blacks, Jews, Europeans, Asians, Communists, Muslims... but in the end it's always been just us.
We are, quite literally, our own worst enemies. If we aren't breaking things, we are helping people break things. And when we aren't careful, we step on the shards and we get cut.

I'm just saying.
I live in Midtown Detroit. I can see the Fox theater and GM building from my window... this isnt the safest area on the planet. It is also next to arguably the largest concentration of Arabs and Muslims in America, and trust me when I say sectarianism exists even here. Yet, somehow I'm more worried about remembering my next VA appointment than getting mugged, shot, or blown up.
I just think we need to chill out for a bit. Being upset isn't a bad thing. There's plenty of problems that we SHOULD be enraged about. I just think we have enough work to do on our own than worry about the rest of the universe right now.
I can promise you, things won't get worse over here if we tried being humble once in awhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 AM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3865

Quote:
Originally Posted by a175 View Post
Just out of curiosity, is apologizing and backing down never a good thing?

Minus the occasional victory (usually a direct action, not in a prolonged war), our m.o. has been fighting wars that we haven't or couldn't win.
Pride, arrogance, and a self-righteous attitude has been getting our troops killed and wounded for several decades now. Call me unpatriotic if you will, but visit a memorial or a veterans hospital and ask yourself "why".

We like to talk about losing our wars behind wooden desks, and there is certainly truth in that, but we have made a habit of starting or getting involved in conflicts that we would have been better off avoiding.

It's not just the direct, immediate impact of war that is dragging us down. There is a prolonged effect that just snowballs as we keep going down the same path over and over again. Economically, socially... and I would even say spiritually if you're into that sort of thing.

Check out the 60s and 70s, man.
Anti-war, Civil Rights, and minority pride groups all kind of sprang up together and worked in concert with each other. To them, it was "we've had enough". To others, it was all too much.
I wonder, how many conservative-minded people just got overwhelmed with all the changes (both real and perceived), that they just had to emotionally shut down and say "nope"?
America, as a nation, has pretty much been in a constant state of Civil War since the beginning. That's the value of external threats... they give us a common enemy. The problem is when we habitually create external threats, intentionally or otherwise, in order to build this false sense of unity and esprit de corps.

And we keep pushing, searching for the boogie men. Northerners, Southerners, Indians, Blacks, Jews, Europeans, Asians, Communists, Muslims... but in the end it's always been just us.
We are, quite literally, our own worst enemies. If we aren't breaking things, we are helping people break things. And when we aren't careful, we step on the shards and we get cut.

I'm just saying.
I live in Midtown Detroit. I can see the Fox theater and GM building from my window... this isnt the safest area on the planet. It is also next to arguably the largest concentration of Arabs and Muslims in America, and trust me when I say sectarianism exists even here. Yet, somehow I'm more worried about remembering my next VA appointment than getting mugged, shot, or blown up.
I just think we need to chill out for a bit. Being upset isn't a bad thing. There's plenty of problems that we SHOULD be enraged about. I just think we have enough work to do on our own than worry about the rest of the universe right now.
I can promise you, things won't get worse over here if we tried being humble once in awhile.
It's a combination of events . Yes ,In certain circumstances , it's a noble thing to back down ..
It's called choosing your battles and stratagems...

In my uneducated opinion,, I think we could have done a better job ..,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
a175, Bletch, Pink.