Poster Rank:67

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13776
Satanic Starbucks

A Louisiana woman was unpleasantly surprised when she picked up her Starbucks order from the counter and found Satanic symbols drizzled atop her foam, allegedly the work of a strange barista.

After Megan Pinion posted a photo of her devilish drinks to Starbucks' Facebook page, it went viral and caught the eye of the company's social media department. According to The Daily Advertiser, the Satanic symbols included a five point star (Lucifer's pentagram), and "666," which, according to the Daily Advertiser, represents the Antichrist.

Pinion did not say anything to the barista, but rather chose to write her thoughts about her hellish Starbucks experience on the Facebook post. "I unfortunately can't give the young man’s name who served it, because I was so appalled that I could not bring myself to look at him,” Pinion wrote in her post. "I am in no way judging his beliefs or dis-meriting his beautiful artwork, I am however judging his lack of professionalism and respect for others. I am a teacher in the public school system and if I were to present a child of atheist or pagan believers with a Christian art project I could be sued in a heartbeat. I am of Catholic faith and would love to share in my beliefs daily. Fortunately I have enough common sense to present myself with professionalism and follow an ethics code. Perhaps that could be suggested to that particular location."

Starbucks social media spokesperson Tom Kuhn reached out to Pinion directly to apologize for the barista's work. Pinion shared Starbucks' official apology with The Daily Advertiser: "This obviously is not the type of experience we want to provide any of our customers, and is not representative of the customer service our partners provide to millions of customers every day." Kuhn told The Daily Advertiser, "We’re taking the complaint seriously."

Attached Images

Eaton, icheerthebull, Kanda444, Kelseecat65, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head, Sharon, TwistedSisterr
Old 04-03-2014, 05:13 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601
Re: Satanic Starbucks

wow- i would have been up his ass wanting his supervisor
and if he didnt cooperate, Id *want* to throw it on him.
completely unprofessional behavior.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, MadCore, Olivia, Pyramid_Head
Old 04-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20100 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49335

oh no.... not a pentagram in caramel. time to make a big deal.

while we're at it, let's also make sure we protect the use of the word Christmas in public schools with more than just christian students and all let's keep the other religious bullshit our society has adopted.

for fucks sake, what the fuck is wrong with people? i'd rather have some d-bag write a harmless 666 in my coffee than have to explain to my 4 year old daughter why it's ok for there to be a statue of a human sacrifice off the side of the freeway. "it a human sacrifice, sweetie. the man being sacrificed is Jesus and people think he was tortured for you because god made you unclean."

yes, good thing people have their priorities straight.

human sacrifice = ok and suitable for children

'666' written in caramel on a coffee = not ok for anybody and a news worthy event

disgusting. nice to see the person involved wasnt that offended by it. customer service should be treated with the respect religion gets.

CrunchyCripple, Froctopus, MadCore, Pie, PTSD Is My Life, rapeWhistle, St. Geno, TwistedSisterr
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post

while we're at it, let's also make sure we protect the use of the word Christmas in public schools with more than just christian students and all let's keep the other religious bullshit our society has adopted.

for fucks sake, what the fuck is wrong with people? i'd rather have some d-bag write a harmless 666 in my coffee than have to explain to my 4 year old daughter why it's ok for there to be a statue of a human sacrifice off the side of the freeway. "it a human sacrifice, sweetie. the man being sacrificed is Jesus and people think he was tortured for you because god made you unclean."

'666' written in caramel on a coffee = not ok for anybody and a news worthy event

disgusting. nice to see the person involved wasnt that offended by it. customer service should be treated with the respect religion gets.
it would be just a big of a "mess" if somebody put a cross in it. I think its professionalism and respect that is the issue

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, Olivia, Pyramid_Head
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20100 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49335

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
it would be just a big of a "mess" if somebody put a cross in it. I think its professionalism and respect that is the issue
i dont tolerate poor customer service. if i had this happen though, i wouldnt make that big of a deal of it. i'd rather have this shit than a 'god bless you' on the way out.

TwistedSisterr
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

Quote:
i dont tolerate poor customer service. if i had this happen though, i wouldnt make that big of a deal of it. i'd rather have this shit than a 'god bless you' on the way out.
:) i respect that. I respect people beliefs on god or the lack there of.... but not many people can walk away from a cross or 666 without saying something, so for your self control.....
(drum roll please.....)
Kudos Kanda!!

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Olivia
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:46

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 9973 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18903

Quote:

There are a number of unbelievers on this site and a number of believers. I don't know the ratio, but from what I have witnessed since I have been on this site, any possible chance to stomp on the christian belief and to make fun of the believers and their beliefs is taken advantage of.

Whereas, the persons who are believers rarely voice their opinions of non-believers or try to make a joke of their beliefs.

A small portion of respect? Constantly toting the unbelief/disbelief/God is dead/God does not exist/the Bible: a fairy tale, is hardly necessary.

I have no idea how an atheist would feel if the Barista had drawn a cross with praying hands......
Do you?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Olivia For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, Clubhouse, Sharon, TwistedSisterr
Old 04-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
There are a number of unbelievers on this site and a number of believers. I don't know the ratio, but from what I have witnessed since I have been on this site, any possible chance to stomp on the christian belief and to make fun of the believers and their beliefs is taken advantage of.

Whereas, the persons who are believers rarely voice their opinions of non-believers or try to make a joke of their beliefs.

A small portion of respect? Constantly toting the unbelief/disbelief/God is dead/God does not exist/the Bible: a fairy tale, is hardly necessary.

I have no idea how an atheist would feel if the Barista had drawn a cross with praying hands......
Do you?

I always said that.....Mention the word Christian and they go into a shark like feeding frenzy

The Following User Says Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
I always said that.....Mention the word Christian and they go into a shark like feeding frenzy
same thing if you say anything bad about obama. especially the ones who arent "his citizens"
but I will continue to respect the non believers an the obama supporters while I get treated like shit for havin my own thoughts :)
shocker.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, Olivia
Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 PM
DannyDrama
Offline:
Poster Rank:354
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093

I have far better things to worry about than the shape of the caramel on my latte.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DannyDrama For This Useful Post:
GODISNOTGREAT, Kanda444, Olivia