Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566
Re: Sandra Bland Dashcam Video May Have Been Edited

Another black person killed by police...oh boy!

Old 07-23-2015, 10:55 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

EXCLUSIVE: SANDRA BLAND'S CO-INMATE RECALLS CONVERSATION BEFORE DEATH

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- When Sandra Bland was arrested and placed in Cell 95 of the Waller County Jail, the first friendly voice she heard belonged to Alexandria Pyle, from across the hall.

"She was crying, and I could barely understand her," recalled Pyle, just released from jail herself Thursday. "I was like, 'It's OK, don't cry. It can't rain all the time, it will be alright.'"

Pyle was in jail for unpaid traffic tickets. She was in a cell with two other women, while Bland was alone across the hall. Over the next three days, the two women communicated through the rectangular opening of the jail cell doors.

"She, uh showed me scratches, bruises on her wrist and stuff, but we were talking through something this big," recalled Pyle, her hand making a rectangular gesture. "So I really couldn't see anything."

Pyle said Bland was eager to get out of jail as soon as her bond was set Saturday. She voiced her frustration that her friend LaVaughn Mosley, whom she had repeatedly called, never came to the jail to post bond.

"She said, 'He's not answering, it's going straight to voicemail. I don't know why, I don't know why. He said he's going to be here in an hour, and it's days later,'" Pyle said.

Then, Monday morning, Pyle realized something was wrong.

"I just asked the guards if everything was OK. And they just looked at me and went like this," she said, shaking her head.

Now, just released after 17 days behind bars, Pyle says she believes Bland killed herself with the trash bag inside her cell.

"I don't think the guards did anything. I mean it's a tragedy either way, but I don't think the guards did anything," she said.

We asked her if she believed it was suicide, Pyle answered, "I'm positive it was, but that's just me."

video
http://abc13.com/news/sandra-blands-...-death/875741/

Azimuth, BryanXavier, gatagato, meh_, morbid75, Pigeon, Top Gear
Old 07-23-2015, 11:06 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3905 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7032

I think the whole arrest probably never should have happened and the situation was escalated by the officer who should have just given her the ticket and let her go.

But I think she is unstable and prone to suicide which escalated the longer she was in jail and knew no one was coming to get her out. I also believe she would go as far as to martyr herself to what she believes is a major cause.

I do not know how she got the trash bag but looking at the arrest and what she told the officers in the jail I do not think there was any reason to put her on suicide watch. The people who intake prisoners are not psychologists or psychiatrists and cannot diagnose someone especially if they do not disclose a history of suicidal tendencies.

Lastly, the media has been playing up this angle so much they are going to cause the opposite reaction eventually. People are going to get tired of hearing it and eventually just quit paying attention to the stories altogether. They just will not care anymore and have no emotion toward the stories at all

The Following User Says Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Sarge99
Old 07-24-2015, 12:44 AM
sunairco
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1853
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

Oh, the stories are making an impression allright and at least white people are now sitting up and taking notice. This past Sunday's news carried a story about how the different races percieve police with several questions from trust to bias. Among whites, it's taken a nosedive from averages in the 70's favorable to low 30's and 20's as unfavorable, especially the younger one became. Those younger ones are voting age and will be sitting on juries increasingly and the older folks that still believe in officer safety and honor are dying off or out of the jury pools. The major impact cell phone video has had is to show that cops no longer just treat the minorities bad and are always exonerated. It's the white people too that are now just as likely to be a police victim for the slightest contempt of cop. When you have books like "how to arrest proof yourself" published mainly for white people by an ex-cop/lawyer that exposes how cops are now predatory. The pressures of income generation, less discretion and let the justice system figure it out, and current trends/indoctrination in self preservation training, so now anyone is subject to severe brutality for the slightest provication that's often initiated by the officer in the hopes you react. The post 9/11 warrior cop mentality along with the Us vs Them gang-like mentality that's being generated in younger cops. He also points out that the younger/inexperienced the officer, the more likely they will attempt to provoke an incident and demand complete compliance while expecting submission. White people never dealt with that before. Now they are and becoming increasingly aware by the week.
Police unions are flipping out now. Politicans are distancing themselves from them, DA's are increasingly being embarassed supporting them only to be blindsided by civillian video or non-compliant juries, public tide against drug laws causing police to lose power and federal money. The entire "Blue" system is now under assult right down to the prison industrial complex and associated private industries. Now they're in a climate damned if they do and damned if they don't increasingle. When DA's are now chosing to indict cops to further their political aspirations, tides are a changin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunairco For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Sarge99
Old 07-24-2015, 02:06 AM
ChristySD
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1091
All woman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss367

Guys, I do not intend this post to argue, all I want to say is look at it from another view. I am engaged to a federal police officer. Every time they go out in the field they put their lives in danger, and no they are not all predatory. As with ANY profession, you only hear about the few horrible ones, hardly ever about the million other exemplary ones. For instance, Sgt. Lunger, in California, pulled over a Chevy Silverado which was swerving Wednesday morning. This truck was all over the road. What did he get for it? Shot to death as he was walking towards the suspect's vehicle. He was the father of two daughters. Think about all the combative assholes they deal with daily, hourly. I am amazed that most of them DO keep their cool....I honestly wouldn't. As I stated I do not put this to argue or start dissent, I merely provide another POV.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChristySD For This Useful Post:
An_Empty_Memory, Sarge99, tbone79
Old 07-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss10964

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
She should've been on suicide watch. Which would have taken the trash bag or anything else out of her cell that she could have hurt herself with.

tmi... That's what should have happened with her. They at the very least, in my opinion, didn't give a shit.
They usually do. But they didn't kill her. No they don't give a shit. Why should they? But she is suicidal. Everybody that know her said she is not. You can hang yourself with a toilet. I have to fend for police on this one. She is pretty, and her family want money nothing more.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:16 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

People just need to put things into perspective.

317 million in the U.S.
There is only approximately 1.1 million sworn officers patrolling/administration/supervisors- Once you take out all the desk jockys, supers, transports, you have maybe 700 thousand.

There were 9.5 million crimes committed in 2012 predominately in high crime dense area (IE Chicago).

Current pay is average $52 thousand a year. %50 salary.

Needless to say, Cops deal with MANY people throughout the day. It isn't his job to adapt to people's "bad days" or from one mood to the next.

Lets face it, society has turned to a more self entitled prick mentality, as a whole. So it is inevitable that law enforcement will evolve right along with us.

deadcat1, Xfactor
Old 07-24-2015, 03:20 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristySD View Post
Guys, I do not intend this post to argue, all I want to say is look at it from another view. I am engaged to a federal police officer. Every time they go out in the field they put their lives in danger, and no they are not all predatory. As with ANY profession, you only hear about the few horrible ones, hardly ever about the million other exemplary ones. For instance, Sgt. Lunger, in California, pulled over a Chevy Silverado which was swerving Wednesday morning. This truck was all over the road. What did he get for it? Shot to death as he was walking towards the suspect's vehicle. He was the father of two daughters. Think about all the combative assholes they deal with daily, hourly. I am amazed that most of them DO keep their cool....I honestly wouldn't. As I stated I do not put this to argue or start dissent, I merely provide another POV.
That's a good point, honestly. Here's mine. I guess my thought is that if the officer pulled over someone swerving all over the roadway he probably should have already radioed for backup and then waited for them after pulling the vehicle over. They then could have executed a felony stop. Since you are engaged to an officer, I'm sure you know what that is.

I'm not amazed that they keep their cool. That is part of their JOB. If they can't handle parts of their job, especially one of the if not THE most important part, which is dealing with the public, then they need to do some soul-searching and find more suitable employment elsewhere. I.E. Not working with the public, who in these types of situations, will be unpredictable, possible unstable, possibly hostile.

The police are the ones who need to be professional officers, diffuse situations, and call for backup if need be. I understand that emergencies happen, but in your example it seems like the officer could have done some things differently.

deadcat1, rob666, Vedderman
Old 07-24-2015, 03:23 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Woman

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
People just need to put things into perspective.

317 million in the U.S.
There is only approximately 1.1 million sworn officers patrolling/administration/supervisors- Once you take out all the desk jockys, supers, transports, you have maybe 700 thousand.

There were 9.5 million crimes committed in 2012 predominately in high crime dense area (IE Chicago).

Current pay is average $52 thousand a year. %50 salary.

Needless to say, Cops deal with MANY people throughout the day. It isn't his job to adapt to people's "bad days" or from one mood to the next.

Lets face it, society has turned to a more self entitled prick mentality, as a whole. So it is inevitable that law enforcement will evolve right along with us.
wah fucking waaaah.

I'm pretty sure they know their pay rate before they enter the academy. Don't like it? Don't become a fucking cop.

rob666
Old 07-24-2015, 03:26 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Woman

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Or, and here's a novel idea!!!!

How about becoming a cop. or a nurse, or a teacher. OR a soldier, for something OTHER THAN THE MONEY????

The money isn't there for any of these worthy, important, most important professions. /tangent

rob666