Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084
Sadistic Killer Stabbed Four-year-old Boy to Death in His Bed - then Waited to

Psychopath Anwar Rosser was given a whole-life jail sentence for the "savage and gratuitous" murder of Riley Turner

Tragedy: Anwar Rosser killed Riley Turner as he lay in his bed

A couple who allowed a drunken neighbour to stay at their house woke to find he had stabbed and strangled their four-year-old boy to death.

Former soldier Anwar Rosser, 33, was given a whole-life tariff at Bradford Crown Court for the "savage and gratuitous" murder of "happy and bubbly" Riley Turner.

The court heard how Riley's mother, Sharon Smith, and stepfather, Guy Earwaker, had let Rosser stay in their home in Keighley, West Yorkshire, for the night on January 20 last year "out of compassion".

They had agreed to let him stay on the sofa after arriving drunk following a night out.

But at around 4am, he crept upstairs armed with four knives and carried out the horrific attack.

Rosser stabbed little Riley, who was a twin, around 30 times with such ferocity he partially severed his spine and windpipe.

He was also strangled and other injuries clearly indicated a sexual motivation, the court heard.

Rosser then waited in the house so he could hear the devastated reaction of Riley's parents when they found his body.

The judge said: "I conclude that, on the basis of this appalling catalogue of injuries, this was a murder with sadistic motivation."

Rosser was told he will never be released from prison.

In a statement read out in court, Riley's mother said her "kind heart cost me my son's life".

She explained that she let Rosser stay because he said he was being threatened.

"I feel so much guilt that my poor son had to go through such horrific things because my kind heart didn't want to let that monster get beaten up," she said.

"Now my kind heart cost me my son's life.

"What he's done is unforgivable, he's ruined our lives.

"I don't look forward to life anymore. I wake up now and just want to be with my son, Riley, so he's not alone. I can't bear to think he's sad and alone."

And she said: "It's very upsetting to hear my boy cry for his brother all the time and wonder where he's gone and why he isn't coming back. Some questions I can't answer to my boy. I try my best but I don't understand myself and I never will."

Police said the killing was a "very sad and disturbing case".

Speaking after the hearing, Detective Superintendent Mark Ridley said: "This has been an incredibly horrifying and tragic case which has had a profound effect on all those involved in the investigation.

"Riley was a very much loved son, grandson and brother who will be deeply missed by his family and friends.

"Rosser abused the kindness and compassion shown to him by Riley's family, when they allowed him to stay in the safety of their own home.

"He has shown no remorse or compassion for the pain suffered by Riley's family by offering an explanation for his savage and gratuitous actions."

Mr Ridley said: "The death of Riley in such circumstances provides a clear indication that Rosser presents a significant danger to all those who may come into contact with him, which is reflected in the sentence imposed upon him today.

"Today brings to an end what has been a very sad and disturbing case."

In a statement released by West Yorkshire Police, Riley's family, said: "While justice has now been done, no sentence will ever be enough for what we are going through and what that man has done to our family.

"It will not bring our little man back. Riley was always so happy and bubbly, caring and loving. His twin brother misses him so much.

"We will never come to terms with what has happened and will always feel hurt at the way Riley was so cruelly and suddenly taken from us.

"We would like to thank our family and friends for their support during this difficult time, especially the local community who have raised funds in Riley's memory and Alder Hey Children's Hospital.

The judge said Rosser was responsible for "the violent death of a bright, lively, happy, innocent four-year-old boy."

He acknowledged that Rosser has an antisocial personality disorder but said: "Not one of the many experts in this case suggests that your personal disorder significantly reduced your criminal culpability, or that your responsibility for this crime was in any way diminished.

"It appears that you knew full well what you were doing when you were doing it, even if you now say you have no memory of it."

He told him: "The evidence demonstrates beyond doubt that you are an exceptionally dangerous man, and there is nothing to say that such a condition could ever be modified or improved."

And he added: "(A consultant forensic psychiatrist) considers that you pose a real risk of further acts of sadistic homicide which could involve further child victims.

"A whole life order is relatively rare, but I am in no doubt that, in your case, it is warranted in the wider interests of justice and public safety."

Source

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to susanmarie79 For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, kellyhound, Megamel29, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head, Sharon
Old 02-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Photoplay
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:457
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1414
Re: Sadistic Killer Stabbed Four-year-old Boy to Death in His Bed - then Waited

OMG, that is terrible.
All crimes affect you [me] when I read and or see the pictures and information.
When I read “Rosser then waited in the house so he could hear the devastated reaction”
My heart stopped for a micro second. What an evil human being.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Photoplay For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, Darkest Angel, kellyhound, Megamel29, Pigeon, Sharon, TwistedSisterr
Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381

Allowing a drunken stranger you know nothing about to stay in your home

Those poor parents will have torturous thoughts for life. Terrible shame that compassion led to a brutal murder

Fucker should swing, drunk or not.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Photoplay, summer34, TwistedSisterr
Old 02-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Old 02-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

The fucking parents should be ashamed of themselves. Letting a stranger sleep in their house.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
summer34
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Paradise19
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2796
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss86

We are taught from a young age to have compassion for others. However, this is a prime example of why you shouldn't. Keep your distance from everyone. Trust no one. That poor kid, his poor parents. So messed up.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paradise19 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Megamel29, mrm1109, summer34
Old 02-14-2014, 07:54 PM
summer34
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3013
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss76

so very sad, letting someone in your house when you clearly know nothing of their background, different cultures, an obviously brutal one HE came from, what you have to live with for the rest of your life through sheer ignorance, this is beyond me..

Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Wow...but really. An intoxicated stranger staying overnight with your children? ! Ummm.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3660

Save your moral fucking outrage for fucks sake.

They didn't know he would do this. Youre telling me people regularly go around thinking "hey this guy can rape and brutally murder my family".

What sad pathetic worlds you'd occupy if you thought that.

These fuckers are smarter than you think. He probably had motivations to do this prior to getting drunk and he was a neighbour.

Before laying blame on the parents who were acting in good faith, try and think about this piece of shit and what he did. I am fucking sick of victim blaming, they lost a child in their own home to this fuckup.

I hope people get ahold of this guy and make him fear every step he takes for the rest of his life.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
commondenom, cupcake725, Darkest Angel, destroom101, divreaper, Pigeon
Old 02-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899

He does not deserve to suck in oxygen in jail. Why waste taxpayers $ on this pos?? Execute!!