Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss40
Re: Russian Passenger Aircraft Crash in Egypt

https://instagram.com/julianna_superb/
Russian Instagram profile with all the victims.

The Following User Says Thank You to deathingmetal For This Useful Post:
The Frugie
Old 11-02-2015, 07:50 PM
deathingmetal
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4424

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss40

Update: 224 people, including the crew, 25 children, the youngest - 10 months (!) old (died with parents, bodies found). 4 citizens of Ukraine, 1 - Belarus, the rest - Russians. It was mostly family vacations, so...all dead. One family included 5 members - parents and 3 children. Some went on romantic vacation to celebrate engagement, birthdays...
It was an ugly situation in Pulkovo airport when it wasn't announced that the plane had crashed, the screen showed Delayed, though it was already all over the news. So journalists rushed to puzzled relatives who were still waiting for they family members to land with the questions like: Who died in your family?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathingmetal For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, Azimuth, gatagato, Oswald2001
Old 11-02-2015, 11:18 PM
andersveg
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:568
Male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1062

Russia? The same country that shot down the Malaysian Airlines plane over Ukraine causing 298 deaths? Well they still owe 74 lives then.

The Following User Says Thank You to andersveg For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 11-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Berserk
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:923

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss484

Crash site seen from a helicopter!

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Russian%20crash.mp4(9.55 MB, 83 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berserk For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, Kelseecat65
Old 11-04-2015, 02:32 AM
sunairco
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1853
Male

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/rus...tliner-n456916

This is an interesting development.

Egypt has so far been adamantly denying that there was any terrorism aspect to this crash to save their tourism while Russia has been mum and saying nothing is being discounted.

This tends to suggest that the Egyptians are now thinking that a passenger's carry-on luggage may have been tampered with prior to boarding if I understand this correctly.

Keep in mind that this was a chartered flight and packaged vacation and there was no possibility that an unknown or random individual purchased tickets to board. This "passenger lounge" would already be a sterile area after checking carry-on baggage.

Same people that flew in, flew out. All have been checked against any terrorist connections and databases, so it's very unlikely that one of the passengers knowingly took down the plane.

While anything can still be possible, this recent development shows that the investigation has taken a critical turn.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunairco For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Kelseecat65
Old 11-04-2015, 04:34 AM
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212

Russian plane crash: state of bodies suggests mid-air explosion - latest news..

Cockpit recordings reveal "uncharacteristic sounds" in final moments of disaster in Sinai which killed 224 people.

Splits have emerged between Russia and Egypt as Cairo rejected Russian investigators’ conclusion that a Metrojet airliner had broken up in mid-air before crashing.

Four days into the investigation into the fate of Flight 7K9268, the Egyptian government said there was no evidence to support claims by Russian officials that the Airbus A321 “broke up in the air”. It is the most public rift to date between the two governments, which initially both strongly suggested the aircraft had been brought down by a technical fault, only to concede later that foul play was a possibility.

As investigators from both countries began examining the plane’s black boxes, the Russian news agency Interfax reported that a cockpit recorder had picked up sounds of chaos in the flight’s final moments.

"Judging by the recording, a situation onboard developed suddenly and unexpectedly for the crew, and as a result the pilots did not manage to send a distress signal," a source said.

An Egyptian doctor who examined around half of the 224 bodies told The Telegraph that about one in five of the corpses had been badly burned in the moments before death.

The finding suggests that a fire broke out in the cabin while the plane was still the air but the doctor was not able to firmly conclude what caused the fire.

Meanwhile, Egyptian president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said that speculation the flight had been brought down by the Islamic State (Isil) was "false propaganda" intended to damage Egypt's image.

A spokesman for Russian president Vladimir Putin said there was no evidence of terrorism and it was "inappropriate" to speculate on whether the flight may have been downed in revenge for Russia's intervention in Syria.

US intelligence said their satellites had detected a mid-air flash as the aircraft went down but were able to rule out a missile strike because there was no tell-tale heat trail coming from the ground.

The flash could be the explosion of a bomb going off but could also be a mechanical breakdown, like an fuel tank erupting, the American officials said.

Security has been stepped up at Sharm el-Sheikh airport, where the Metrojet flight took from 23 minutes before being lost to radar.

Long queues waited at a security check but British tourists said they did not mind as long as it kept them safe. "I'd rather to wait for careful check​ and return back home safely and not have my plane crashed." said Nick Matthews.

Metrojet flights to and from Moscow and Nijni Novgorod continued out of Sharm el-Sheikh despite the questions surrounding Flight 7K9268.

In St Petersburg, a second government aircraft carrying human remains, personal belongings, and documents recovered from the crash site arrived early Tuesday morning.

“As of today 140 bodies and more than 100 body parts have been brought to St Petersburg,” said Alexei Smirnov, the head of the national emergency response centre in Moscow.

Nineteen victims had been identified by relatives by yesterday evening, officials said in a briefing. Victims so far identified by relatives include an eight-year old child from the town of Novgorod and Alexander Kopylov, the deputy mayor of the city of Pskov.

The remains have been sent to the morgue at the city’s main crematorium for identification and examination by forensic pathologists before being released to families for burial.

Officials have said it could take weeks to fully identify all 244 victims, and DNA samples were sent to Moscow on Tuesday to held identify some of the most badly damaged remains.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...test-news.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, gatagato, kellyhound, Kelseecat65
Old 11-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10530

My suspicion is that improper repairs to tail section damage from an incident many years before failed catastrophically.

Possibly initiated and/or aggravated by other metal fatigue issues.

Third World countries - like Russia - typically don't care much about things like metal fatigue.

They use equipment until it wears out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 11-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
My suspicion is that improper repairs to tail section damage from an incident many years before failed catastrophically.

Third World countries - like Russia - typically don't care much about things like metal fatigue.

That is what's so unnerving about flying. Not knowing if the plane has been properly cared for.
I hate flying. The entire flight, from days before until I'm safely on the ground stress me out too much.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, sideshowfreak
Old 11-04-2015, 10:51 AM
sunairco
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1853
Male

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

Quote:

The last inspection on the tail strike repair was perfromed in 2013. It's unclear if the inspection was performed in Ireland, but they were the ones that did the certification. Metrojet has since been responsible for maintainance. It's almost inconceivable in this short of time that any micro cracks would have stressed into a catastrophic failure.

The intact, unburnt tail from bulkhead backwards though is compelling and the distance away from the main crash to support the mechanical failure aspect.

Some bodies that have been examined do show evidence of a blast and it wouldn't have taken much of a blast to rupture the fuselage. Last report that I've seen claims that so far, no residue of an explosive or accelerant has been recovered of bodies tested.

This also may still be a bunch of bull as both tourism and political concerns may try to bury the real reason and we're going to end up with a story about the main fuel tank exploding a la TWA-800 which I'm don't doubt.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunairco For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
Old 11-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Berserk
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:923

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss484

Quote:

So the repair made in 2004 by Airbus itself now suddenly failed?

it could be propaganda but they stated the aircraft got a major checkup last year. If any there, they would have found the tiny cracks in the metal.

I flew mutliple times with russian aircraft, everytime i entered such aircraft i accepted my possible dead, that it was likely i would not survive

Once you are safely landed it feels like you are reborn