1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Russian Opposition Politican Boris Nemtsov Shot Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
I think kgb is more like CIA
its the FSB now.

I strongly recommend the book 'mafia state' by Luke harding. He was the russian correspondent for the guardian and the book covers the time he spent there. Think I have lent it out but if anyone wants to borrow it once I get it back drop me a PM and Ill send it to you if you cant find a copy

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 03-01-2015, 10:47 AM
b0g
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:713
transgender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss739

the lawyer Navaly from Moscow might be a future target

Russia's Milestones Are Gravestones

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-.../26874764.html

February 28, 2015

When Boris Nemtsov was gunned down on a bridge near the Kremlin on February 27, the opposition figure joined a grim list of prominent Russians killed in the Vladimir Putin era.

To be sure, that list didn't start when Putin first took over the presidency on New Year's Eve 1999. The 1990s saw a spate of assassinations of politicians, business people, and other high-profile figures, as can be seen here.

But there's arguably one major difference. While the motives for the killings in the 1990s tended to be more diffuse -- just as the Russian state and political elite were more fragmented -- in the Putin era, they appear to be more straightforwardly directed at critics of the regime.

Here are a few of the prominent, Putin-era cases:

Valentin Tsvetkov

October 18, 2002: Valentin Tsvetkov, the governor of Magadan Oblast in Russia's Far East, is shot dead by a sniper just blocks from the Kremlin. Tsvetkov, who earned the dubious distinction of becoming the first regional governor assassinated in post-Soviet Russia, had been trying to crack down on crime in his Pacific region's gold and oil industries.

Sergei Yushenkov
Sergey YushenkovSergey Yushenkov

​April 17, 2003: Sergei Yushenkov, a veteran liberal politician and leader of the anti-Kremlin party Liberal Russia, is shot dead in front of his home in Moscow. At the time of his death, Yushenkov had been at the forefront of efforts by liberal lawmakers to investigate the possible involvement of the Federal Security Service (FSB) in a series of deadly apartment bombings in 1999. The bombings, which killed some 300 people, were blamed on Chechen rebels and used by Moscow as justification for launching its second Chechen war. They also helped catapult Putin to the Kremlin.

Yury Shchekochikhin

July 3, 2003: Yury Shchekochikhin, a liberal lawmaker and investigative journalist, dies after being struck down by a mysterious illness. Authorities blamed his death on an allergic reaction, but many suspected Shchekochikhin was deliberately poisoned because of his muck-raking reporting into sensitive cases including the 1999 apartment bombings.

Nikolai Girenko

June 21, 2004: Nikolai Girenko, one of Russia’s leading experts on racism and xenophobia, is shot dead through the door of his St. Petersburg apartment.

Paul Klebnikov

July 9, 2004: Paul Klebnikov, the American editor of Forbes-Russia, is gunned down outside his Moscow office. Klebnikov had written at length about corruption, and Forbes had published a list of Russia's richest people. In 2013 Klebnikov's accused killer, Chechen businessman-boxer Kazbek Dukuzov, was among 18 individuals placed on a U.S. visa blacklist under the Magnitsky Act, which aims to punish Russians implicated in rights abuses.

Anna Politkovskaya

October 7, 2006: Anna Politkovskaya, one of Russia's most prominent journalists and a dogged chronicler of alleged rights abuses by pro-Moscow forces in Chechnya, is shot dead in her apartment building. In June 2014, two men were sentenced to life and three others to long prison terms for their involvement in Politkovskaya's murder. But her family said justice would not be done until those who ordered her killing are brought to justice. Politkovskaya was killed on Putin's birthday, prompting speculation that her murder was meant as a "gift" to the president.

Aleksandr Litvinenko

November 23, 2006: Former Soviet security officer-turned-Kremlin critic Aleksandr Litvinenko dies in London after being poisoned with radioactive polonium. Litvinenko had fled to the United Kingdom in 2000 after publicly accusing the FSB leadership of plotting to kill Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky. He later co-authored a book blaming the FSB for the 1999 apartment bombings. On his death bed, Litvinenko accused Putin of ordering his murder. British authorities said they believed Litvinenko drank tea laced with the poison during a meeting in a London hotel several weeks earlier with two Russians, Andrei Lugovoi and Dmitry Kovtun, whom Moscow has since refused to extradite. At a public inquiry into Litvinenko's death that opened in January 2015, the lawyer for Litvinenko's widow called the killing "an act of nuclear terrorism on the streets of a major city which put the lives of numerous members of the public at risk."

Stanislav Markelov and Anastasia Barburova

​January 19, 2009: Leading human rights lawyer Stanislav Markelov is shot dead in broad daylight in central Moscow. Anastasia Baburova, a young reporter who had been interviewing Markelov for the opposition newspaper Novaya Gazeta, is shot as she attempts to protect Markelov and later dies of her injuries in hospital. Markelov was gunned down just minutes after leaving a press conference where he had announced he would continue to fight against the early release from jail of a Russian military officer convicted of killing a young Chechen woman. In April 2011 two nationalists, Nikita Tikhonov and his girlfriend Yevgenia Khasis, were convicted of the killings.

Natalya Estemirova

July 16, 2009: The body of Natalya Estemirova is found in Ingushetia, one day after the journalist and human rights activist was abducted in Grozny, capital of the neighboring republic of Chechnya. Estemirova, a board member of the renowned rights group Memorial, had been personally investigating hundreds of cases of rights abuses in Chechnya including kidnapping and murder. Memorial said initial investigation pointed to the possible involvement of local law enforcement officers. Oleg Orlov, the head of Memorial HRC, was sued for defamation after accusing Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov of orchestrating Estemirova's killing, but he was eventually acquitted.

Natalya Estemirova poses at the Front Line Club in London on October 4, 2007.

< ▶ > 1/6
⇱ Disable Captions

Sergei Magnitsky

November 16, 2009: Sergei Magnitsky, a whistle-blowing lawyer who had implicated some top Russian officials in a $230 million tax fraud, dies one year after being jailed ahead of a trial on similar charges. A pancreatitis sufferer, Magnitsky was denied medical care in pretrial detention and -- according to the Kremlin's own human rights council -- was badly beaten before his death. The United States in late 2012 passed the Magnitsky Act, which targets Russians implicated in rights abuses with visa bans and asset freezers. In July 2013 Magnitsky was found guilty of tax evasion in a posthumous trial in Moscow.

Mikhail Beketov

April 8, 2013: Mikhail Beketov, a crusading journalist who had reported on large-scale corruption, dies five years after being savagely beaten in his hometown of Khimki near Moscow. Beketov had been left severely brain damaged from the attack, which supporters linked to his work uncovering corruption surrounding the construction of a controversial Moscow-St. Petersburg highway through the Khimki Forest.

(Compiled by Kathleen Moore)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b0g For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier, Oswald2001, ralucagymnast
Old 03-01-2015, 11:52 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Some Georgian bloke made a statement "one mans death is a tragedy: a million is a statistic". His name escapes me hmmm..... Its that mindset. It is cast in stone, namely, the memorial stones of the murdered citizens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, winvens
Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

Quote:
Aleksandr Litvinenko

November 23, 2006: Former Soviet security officer-turned-Kremlin critic Aleksandr Litvinenko dies in London after being poisoned with radioactive polonium. Litvinenko had fled to the United Kingdom in 2000 after publicly accusing the FSB leadership of plotting to kill Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky. He later co-authored a book blaming the FSB for the 1999 apartment bombings. On his death bed, Litvinenko accused Putin of ordering his murder. British authorities said they believed Litvinenko drank tea laced with the poison during a meeting in a London hotel several weeks earlier with two Russians, Andrei Lugovoi and Dmitry Kovtun, whom Moscow has since refused to extradite. At a public inquiry into Litvinenko's death that opened in January 2015, the lawyer for Litvinenko's widow called the killing "an act of nuclear terrorism on the streets of a major city which put the lives of numerous members of the public at risk."
I remember this. So creepy. He had to be a "special" case to be murdered this way instead of something simpler like a shooting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, winvens
Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Who else? Mickey Mouse?
Oh I dunno, the police?

Old 03-01-2015, 12:59 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Vlad needs a nice cuppa Polonium tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
With a sprinkling of Strontium 90
Don't forget the Americium 241, Cesium 137, Uranium 235 and lots of Iodine 131. Some ricin-laced sandwiches and cookies too.

I wonder how much "tea and refreshments" we would need to off all those corrupt bastards. Raluca, any idea?

#resetrussia

The Following User Says Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 03-01-2015, 01:57 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Don't forget the Americium 241, Cesium 137, Uranium 235 and lots of Iodine 131. Some ricin-laced sandwiches and cookies too.

I wonder how much "tea and refreshments" we would need to off all those corrupt bastards. Raluca, any idea?

#resetrussia
Not much at all; a microgram would be lethal in a very short space of time indeed.
From Wiki: The fatal dose (LD50...) for acute radiation exposure is generally about 4 Sv [21]. One Bq of 210Po ... causes a radiation dose of 0.51 µSv if ingested, and 2.5 µSv if inhaled [22]. ...a fatal 4-Sv dose can be caused by ingesting 8 MBq (200 microcurie), about 50 nanograms (ng), or inhaling 1.6 MBq (40 microcurie), about 10 ng.

Not from Wiki, from me lol: the maximum safe dose of Poloinium is 7 picograms. Bear in mind that a microgram is only as big as a grain of sand, it would most definitely deliver a fatal dose of radiation.

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 03-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss10528

I favor Polonium because that is the KGB's signature 'deniable' hit poison.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
ralucagymnast
Old 03-02-2015, 06:45 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 412

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61159

http://ukraineatwar.blogspot.com/201...seemed-to.html

Old 03-02-2015, 04:20 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 412

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61159

Quote:
Boris Nemtsov's girlfriend has broken her public silence on the murder of the Russian opposition activist, saying she did not see the killer who gunned him down as they strolled across a bridge near the Kremlin.

Speaking largely without emotion in deadened monosyllables, Ukrainian fashion model Anna Duritskaya said she had little recollection of what happened in the moments after Nemtsov was shot dead on Friday night.

She told online news channel Dozhd that she had not noticed anything suspicious as the couple dined at a restaurant overlooking Red Square. It had not occurred to her that someone might be following them as they headed across the river towards Nemtsov's apartment.

"I don't want to answer questions about what happened on the bridge. I don't want to talk about this," she said.

"I am in a very difficult psychological condition and I cannot talk about this any more now. I feel bad ... I saw no one. I don't know where he came from, he was behind my back," she said of the killer or killers.

Nemtsov, 55, was shot several times and killed instantly, becoming the most prominent opposition figure to be murdered during President Vladimir Putin's 15-year rule. Tens of thousands of Russians marched through Moscow on Sunday to honour the former deputy prime minister and anti-corruption fighter.

Duritskaya, who is 23 or 24, said she had been under constant guard since the murder and would probably be unable to attend Nemtsov's funeral on Tuesday. All she wanted to do was to go home to her mother in Ukraine.

"I have every right to leave the territory of the Russian Federation. I am not a suspect. I am a witness who gave full testimony and did everything possible to assist the investigation," she said.

"They are physically not allowing me to go anywhere without them," Duritskaya said, referring to law enforcement officials. "They have explained to me that this is for security reasons."

Questioned without lawyer

Nemtsov, an opposition politician whose murder has deepened a divide between liberals and Putin supporters, will be buried on Tuesday at the Troekurovskoye cemetery in western Moscow, far from where Russia's top politicians are usually buried.

"I cannot go out. Most likely I will not go," Duritskaya said when asked if she would attend. She said she was now staying at a friend's apartment in Moscow.

Investigators had questioned her several times, gone through her belongings and taken data from her mobile phones. She said she was initially questioned for several hours without a lawyer or representative from the Ukrainian embassy.

Nemtsov had criticised Putin's annexation of Crimea and his support for pro-Russian separatists in the east of Ukraine. He and Duritskaya had been dating for three years, she said.

The investigators say they are following several lines of inquiry and have come up with a number of possible motives. One is that Nemtsov may have been the victim of a jealous former lover, a version Duritskaya ruled out.

"I don't think anything. I cannot think at the moment. I don't know who did it," she said.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
whore.jpg