5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5490
Russia Probing US Sabotage in Superjet Crash: Report

See thread: Russian Airliner Disappears Over Indonesia

Quote:
Undercover US agents brought down our new Superjet
it's Russia’s extraordinary claim about crash which killed 45
  • State's GRU military intelligence source says Russians are investigating theory crash was 'industrial sabotage
  • Aircraft was on a demonstration flight aimed at securing lucrative orders when it slammed into a mountain killing all 45 passengers and crew
  • Russian intelligence official claims US have 'special technology' capable of jamming signals from the ground or causing systems to malfunction

Quote:
Spy sources in Moscow today made the astonishing claim that a US undercover operation may have sabotaged a new Russian Superjet plane that crashed in Indonesia two weeks ago.

The aircraft was on a demonstration flight aimed at securing lucrative orders when it slammed into a mountain killing all 45 passengers and crew.
'We are investigating the theory that it was industrial sabotage,' a GRU military intelligence source said.
The extraordinary Cold War-style claim echoes high-level allegations in Moscow that the US used powerful lasers to zap a Russian Mars probe seven months ago.

Other satellite launches - there have been half a dozen failures in the last 18 months - might be the work of US sabotage, raising the spectre of a sustained campaign against its technology by American secret services, it has been argued.

A headline to a story in Russia's biggest newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda today read: 'Are the Americans implicated in the Superjet crash?'
'We know that they have special technology - that we also have - to jam signals from the ground or cause parameter readings to malfunction,' said the unnamed intelligence official, highlighting a US military presence at Jakarta Airport from where the plane took off on May 9.
The Sukhoi Superjet 100 is the first entirely new passenger plane unveiled by Russia since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

It is designed to grab market share from Western manufacturers.
Russian officials insist investigators have established 'that there were no technical problems until the crash'.
After the Mars probe failed, Russians space chief Vladimir Popovkin warned: 'We don't want to accuse anybody, but there are very powerful devices that can influence spacecraft now.
'The possibility they were used cannot be ruled out.'
He stressed: 'The frequent failure of our space launches, which occur at a time when they are flying over the part of Earth not visible from Russia, where we do not see the spacecraft and do not receive telemetric information, are not clear to us.'
A senior navy commander also blamed the US Navy for the August 2000 Kursk nuclear submarine sinking that killed 118 seamen, since several
The Terrain-warning system on crashed Superjet was working, according to United Aircraft.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cul6VkUu1Ts?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cul6VkUu1Ts?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEzjDGTJvPQ?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEzjDGTJvPQ?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1vqqwdVCa
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...24-348201.html
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...rcraft-372274/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, kellyhound
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376
Re: Russia Probing US Sabotage in Superjet Crash: Report

Okay. I'm going to take a guess and my guess is 'pilot-error'.

I don't know what the weather was like, or if it was day or night. Nor do I know this particular aircraft's safety and maintenance records. But it was a 'young' plane. The terrain warning system was 'working' (properly? don't know yet, really) and the preliminary assessment of cockpit-voice data also shows that there was no indication of a failure of aircraft systems or components.

So, taking all that into consideration, you just don't fly into the side of a mountain if everything's working. IN MY OPINION-The pilots fucked up and killed them all. Not to mention lost millions of dollars that Russia really can't afford to lose right now.

Of course my non-professional opinion comes with a disclaimer that I am not psychic, clairvoyant or whatever and I'm also not VERY familiar with the details here.

I just find it humorous that they're so quick to blame the US for it. That's pretty ridiculous, seeing as how the investigation into the cause of the crash is just beginning.

I can't wait to see what the official outcome will be on this one.

Edit to say: Or something was broken and we just don't know it yet. Improper altimeter setting (that would be considered pilot error), Broken radar, there are many possibilities. Fuck, maybe they ran out of fuel. Who knows at this point.

gatagato
Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3660

Hmm tough one this, have faith in Russian engineering or Russian 'truth'.

Seeing as Russian truth is like saying "no we dont drink vodka" I will more or less not trust Russian engineering and Russian 'truth' even less so.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

When in doubt blame someone else.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, gatagato, kellyhound, Oswald2001, rob666
Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Gregore Mortis
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1160
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss333

Not the Boeing, Mr Ivan. It's the Airbus who did it.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2766 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss10539

"No Mr. Sukhoi, I expect you to DIE!"

Old 05-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Robert440
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:981
male

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss443

This investigation is gonna be like the Aeroflot Flight 593 one. Blame not the 12 year old kid flying the plane,not his pilot dad,,,Blame Airbus for having a autopilot that turns itself off in stages... In this case Blame the USA....for all their failures....

Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61202