female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Re: Russia Plane Crash: Dozens Killed in Rostov-on-Don

Why in the Hell did they make you guys ride a crippled plane back when you were in for a jump to begin?.....character building? The fact that you were j intending to jump out of a perfectly good plane in the first place should have told them that you had plenty of character.

I suppose the time that you didnt freak out until you saw the emergency preparedness of the people that were there to put out the fires and reassemble your bodies was due to your training.

How do they train you guys to prepare for a quick death...??? Just put your ehad between your legs and kiss your asses goodbye I suppose.

Im not wired for any of that and dont want a rewire job either.

I have a hard enough time just taking helicopters to sites from time to time. I suppose it beats the seasickness "real sailors" endure. *rolls eyes*

Oswald2001
Old 03-25-2016, 01:53 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by a175 View Post
I think we were just waking up from an Ambien-induced coma when they told us we were going to be landing without flaps.
The C5 seats above the cargo area (we were going as an advance party so it was mostly cargo a few SOF pax) are backwards, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Just really different being pressed into the back of your seat when stopping.
I want to say we were good, though. The runway at the location we stopped at for repairs has a nearly 12k ft runway.
Long runway, but are runways ever built wider, when space is available, to accomodate possible emergencies?...or would that ever matter?

a175, Oswald2001
Old 03-25-2016, 02:15 AM
FilRude
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:809

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss603

Always tragic when a plane crashes no matter the cause. I just hope these poor people are not more victims of a terrorist act.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FilRude For This Useful Post:
a175, Oswald2001
Old 03-25-2016, 02:37 AM
a175
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:435

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
Why in the Hell did they make you guys ride a crippled plane back when you were in for a jump to begin?.....character building? The fact that you were j intending to jump out of a perfectly good plane in the first place should have told them that you had plenty of character.

I suppose the time that you didnt freak out until you saw the emergency preparedness of the people that were there to put out the fires and reassemble your bodies was due to your training.

How do they train you guys to prepare for a quick death...??? Just put your ehad between your legs and kiss your asses goodbye I suppose.

Im not wired for any of that and dont want a rewire job either.

I have a hard enough time just taking helicopters to sites from time to time. I suppose it beats the seasickness "real sailors" endure. *rolls eyes*
I really don't know. Maybe some kind of weird safety procedure, but I personally thought it was the dumbest thing I had seen in my life. Turns out it was just a harbinger of things I see in the future. Go Army lol
In that particular instance, we were already getting set to jump anyway. The smoke and flames was only on one engine, one one side of the aircraft, so I still thought it was a go until they told us all to sit down and strap in. I think that was the first time that the words "train like you fight" ran through my head and made me start asking some serious questions. I mean, jumping out of a perfectly good airplane isn't the brightest idea to begin with... but riding in one that has an engine on fire while you're wearing a parachute seemed quite idiotic.

That scary ride you asked about was on a civilian bird I think between HOU and DFW. I don't think it was training nearly as much as it was not wanting to die looking like a wuss lol. I figured if this was it then I should at least say some good words. I've never really been that great at externally panicking, anyway. That part might have come from training I guess. In a combat environment, it's normal to be freaked out. You just want to try to use it to your advantage, and typically that means no screaming or waving your arms around.

I wouldn't say we were ever trained for death. Gallows humor is used more often than not, and I just preferred not to think about it. There were a few cases which we did have to come to terms with that, though. Certainly watching others die makes you think about it differently. And medical training on live animals kind of puts it into a different perspective. So it's more trying to prevent death and manage trauma than really prepping to die. The one time I do remember us ever being sort of trained on dying was during NBC training. You go over initial symptoms, methods of treatment (back then it was the atropine auto-injectors) and so forth. And they'd go on to say what to do if it gets worse, take another dose. Then in the end you just take this CANA injection, which is just a big dose of diazepam, and sort of hope for the best and maybe fade away. That was the one thing I really thought about at the time... at least they gave you the means to go out somewhat peacefully.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015, Pink.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:39 AM
a175
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
Long runway, but are runways ever built wider, when space is available, to accomodate possible emergencies?...or would that ever matter?
I would think the bigger, the better. This was an air base in MorĂ³n, Spain that was getting some use from cargo planes and fighter sorties back in 2001.

The Following User Says Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
Pink.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:00 AM
lesslis2015
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:693
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 4/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss762

Death training....take as many NV with you has u can!!! Sad but true.

The Following User Says Thank You to lesslis2015 For This Useful Post:
a175
Old 03-25-2016, 09:27 AM
lesslis2015
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
7/20 4/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss762

Ironically, air mobility SAVED massive asses. still hate flying.

a175
Old 03-25-2016, 12:06 PM
a175
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesslis2015 View Post
Ironically, air mobility SAVED massive asses. still hate flying.
Yessir!
Even if you don't care for that particular method of travel, the sound of your incoming ride was a most welcome one and few things compare to the feeling of being whisked away from a bad spot.
I've never met a member of 160th SOAR that I didn't thank.
RLTW+NSDQ=good times

The Following User Says Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015
Old 03-25-2016, 12:10 PM
lesslis2015
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
7/20 4/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss762

Amen brother.

a175
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

The analysis of flight recorders of the Boeing 737-800 passenger jetliner that crashed in Russia's Rostov showed that the pilot error was the most plausible version of the tragedy that killed all 62 on board.
The Boeing-737-800 of Fly Dubai airline crashed in Rostov-on-Don in Russia's south on March 19. The aircraft crashed while landing, killing all 55 passengers and seven crew members.
During an attempt to take the plane higher after an unsuccessful landing approach, the pilot apparently lifted the nose of the aircraft too much, thus making the plane lose speed and altitude. A conflict sparked in the cockpit; one pilot shouted at his partner: "Where are you flying? Stop!" Yet, his attempts to "win" the wheel only made matters worse.
According to experts, the aircraft made two landing approaches in an automatic mode. Strong winds interfered into the so-called autothrottle system of the aircraft that ensures the flight of the airplane on the predetermined path of descent or take off during autopiloting.
The crew decided to switch to the manual mode for another landing approach. While flying at an altitude of about 270 meters, about 6 km far from the runway, one of the pilots pressed the TOGA key (Take off. Go around) that commands the aircraft to go for another approach and turned off the autopilot, taking full control of the aircraft.
According to the data obtained from flight recorders, the pilot did not take into account the specific transition of the Boeing 737 from landing into climb mode.
When the speed of the aircraft started plummeting, a conflict between the pilots occurred in the cockpit. The first pilot tried to get up to speed and put the engines into the takeoff mode. His partner believed that one should lower the nose of the Boeing first. He was shouting: "Stop. Where? Stop! Stop!" while trying to stop the climb, pushing his wheel away.
As a result, the on-board computer of the aircraft started receiving electrical impulses from the manipulations that the pilots were making at both wheels. The crew began to act in concert only when the uncontrollable Boeing with 62 people on board was diving to the ground at the speed of 325 km/h, at an angle of about 45 degrees. The pilots were only screaming during the seconds before the aircraft hit the ground.
FlyDubai airline was founded seven years ago by the government of the United Arab Emirates. The airline is based at the Dubai International Airport. The low-cost airline has not had air disasters before. The company started with a few aircraft before it expanded its fleet to 50 Boeing 737-800 aircraft. In November 2013, FlyDubai ordered another 111 Boeing aircraft.

- See more at: http://www.pravdareport.com/news/hot....iH2tb3wp.dpuf

a175, Berserk, gatagato, lesslis2015